“Secluded location, personable staff, HUGE beds!”
Review of Ubud Dedari Villas

Ubud Dedari Villas
Ranked #36 of 538 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Sydney
“Secluded location, personable staff, HUGE beds!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had my best nights of sleep at Ubud Dedari Villas, which is a property with just seven bungalows, set 10 minutes east of Ubud in the jungle. I loved waking up to the birds cackling in a bed that could've fit five of me, having a morning swim in the small pool and taking breakfast on my huge verandah. When I told them that I needed a reliable WIFI connection, they offered to put me up in Villa #1, which is the closest to the router. Wayne and his staff even went as far to test the speed of the signal in the room! The property is just four years old, so the rooms are in superb condition.

The only drawback is that their shuttle only runs to town once a day, so you're stuck paying 50,000 rupiah (~$5) if your departure is outside of their schedule. Also, dining options are fairly limited out here, so take advantage of your time in town and really enjoy the restaurants there!

More on my trip to Ubud: http://wp.me/p2YHuK-Bo

Room Tip: Villa #1 is the closest to the WIFI router
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Australia
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I have just come back from 12 days in Bali. 6 spent in Dedari Villas we were in no 3. It was lovely and clean and spacious the sheets and bedding crisp and really white. Fabulous view sitting on our private veranda and when I got sick the management and staff couldn't have been more helpful offering to get a doctor straight away. Another big plus no bugs the tv had plenty of channels and it was very quiet no street noise building dogs. Ideal place for a honeymoon. We loved our time there - it's for couples. Already planning to go back. Villas 2 3 and 4 are the best.

• Stayed January 2013
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Overall is ok but try not to go to villa no 7(last villa) unless you really want privacy as you cant connect to their wifi at villa 7.

Villa 7:
Pro:
- privacy
- close to nature

Cons:
- no wifi connection
- got stair inside room, is a must if u want to go between yr bed & toilet.
- got long stair outside room
- limited hot water, only enough for shower, never try to use it for the huge bath tub. This apply to all the rooms.
- night time for many fruit drop on the roof which will make some noise.

Dedari
Pros:
- friendly staff n manager
- service good
- food above average

Cons:
- limited hot water.
- weak wifi connection.
- short of man power.

• Stayed January 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed in Dedari for 4 days and 3 nights. Poernomo is the one who picked us up at the airport. He actually waited for us for more than an hour coz our flight is delayed, still welcomes us in a very friendly and warm approach.
The next day, they surprised my friend as what I have told them to do so :) for his birthday:)
Everyday we are getting everything that we needed. He even booked some of our tours :)

View was very nice. The place is very relaxing. All the staff were really friendly, it feels like we're treated very special :)

If you wanna relax and enjoy nice view this place is a perfect choice :) Hopefully we can still visit Dedari in the future :))

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights when we first arrived in Bali. The hotel arranges pickup from the airport which was very helpful and we were charged 250,000rp this saved the hassle of fighting through the crowds in arrivals.

The hotel is bliss, it is located about 20 minutes from ubuds monkey road. You will need to arrange lifts to and from ubud which the hotel can do for you, there are many drivers in ubud that will offer you lifts just remember to bargin.

The infinity pool that over looks the valley/rainforest was great to get in after walking around ubud for several hours.

The highlight for me was definitely the breakfast served on your balcony each morning, the banana pancake here was by far the best of the whole trip for me.

I would add that I was awoken one night as my girlfriend went to the loo in the outside bathroom and discovered a frog on the wall which was very funny.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank THOMAS D
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Something quite peaceful and serene about travelling and feeling like you were looking at what you may wish to be your own backyard! The location is pretty breathtaking when you first look at it... you get there through a private little road, drive past a temple, and enter Ubud Dedari Villas... you walk through the gates and to the few villas there and see only green tree tops and an infiniti pool. Uhm... bliss?

They do have a private walk way to take you to Goa Gajah and I highly recommend this route.. it's 10 minutes but the first time it took me 30 because I was in awe of the nature (my home is surrounded by concrete!).

Service was great - The Villa arranges a butler for you - we had Sandee and he was great and had some good tips for what to do. He was extremely hospitable and a great host. Pernomo (spelling?) is the manager and did ensure we felt comfortable and were given access to what we needed to truly see Ubud - he personally chauferred us and arranged a small trip to some quaint little spots. I felt taken care of.

Note... there is a temple nearby and you will hear some music sometimes and prayers. I liked this, but some people may not. I was visiting during a special time in the Balinese culture and heard more of this than what is likely normal. Also, like ANY place in Bali... you will come across some bugs... welcome this little bit of nature while it still exists!

Summary:
- Great view
- Great beds
- Special jungle walkway to Goa Gajah
- Away from the centre
- Great service
- Breakfast included (yummy pancakes!)
- Large rooms
- Great value
- Welcoming atmosphere
- Shuttle service to drive you into town (you can't walk it really)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vesna_Toronto
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

There aren't many places where you get greeted at 1am with welcoming smiles, plates of tropical fruit, and glasses of refreshing juice, but this is one of them. Set about 7k from central Ubud in the village of Bedulu, Dedari Villas is a little slice of paradise.

The villa I stayed in (number 1) had an expansive baclony overlooking a lush valley. There was a free breakfast of great food (recommend the banana pancakes), the staff were helpful and friendly, and the location great.

Bedulu is an authentic traditional village, and we I visited it was in the midst of a lovely celebration, so everything was decorated beautifully. It was a very interesting location, away from the tourist traps of central Ubud.

The beds were super comfy, and there was a flat screen tv with cable.

Thanks to all the staff who made my stay so wonderful (and to Yuli for teaching me thank you in Balinese)!

Joanna