Something quite peaceful and serene about travelling and feeling like you were looking at what you may wish to be your own backyard! The location is pretty breathtaking when you first look at it... you get there through a private little road, drive past a temple, and enter Ubud Dedari Villas... you walk through the gates and to the few villas there and see only green tree tops and an infiniti pool. Uhm... bliss?
They do have a private walk way to take you to Goa Gajah and I highly recommend this route.. it's 10 minutes but the first time it took me 30 because I was in awe of the nature (my home is surrounded by concrete!).
Service was great - The Villa arranges a butler for you - we had Sandee and he was great and had some good tips for what to do. He was extremely hospitable and a great host. Pernomo (spelling?) is the manager and did ensure we felt comfortable and were given access to what we needed to truly see Ubud - he personally chauferred us and arranged a small trip to some quaint little spots. I felt taken care of.
Note... there is a temple nearby and you will hear some music sometimes and prayers. I liked this, but some people may not. I was visiting during a special time in the Balinese culture and heard more of this than what is likely normal. Also, like ANY place in Bali... you will come across some bugs... welcome this little bit of nature while it still exists!
- Great view
- Great beds
- Special jungle walkway to Goa Gajah
- Away from the centre
- Great service
- Breakfast included (yummy pancakes!)
- Large rooms
- Great value
- Welcoming atmosphere
- Shuttle service to drive you into town (you can't walk it really)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A ten minute ride from Ubud town centre, Ubud Dedari Villas is located on the edge of the jungled Petanu River valley in Banjar Lebah in the traditional village of Bedulu. Perfect for a relaxing stay in a rich natural environment, the villa surrounds offer a taste of authentic Balinese life and are within walking distance of the famous Elephant Cave and Yeh Puluh Reliefs. Ten villas with valley views clustered around a perimeter overflow swimming pool above the Petanu River, Ubud Dedari Villas are perfect for a rejuvenating break from busy city life. A haven for birdwatchers and nature lovers, forest life abounds at Ubud Dedari. From birdsong filled mornings to the evening insect symphony, you'll have the chance to interact with Bali's rich natural environment from the comfort of your villa's verandah. Friendly geckos may even occasionally be found in your room - a portent of good luck to come! If you're looking for a relaxing getaway far from the hustle and bustle of city life, but handy to the attractions of the cultural heart of Bali, Ubud Dedari Villas is the place for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ubud Dedari Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Dedari Villas Bali