“Great homestay in Ubud”

Ranked #91 of 592 Ubud B&B and Inns
Florence, Toscana, Italy
“Great homestay in Ubud”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

An Excellent homestay at Ubud.

The owner and his family are wonderful, gentle and kind persons.
Service is excellent, rooms clean and silent.

I travelled in Bali for a month and it was the most fine and cool place that I visited.
The owner and his family are very friendly and are happy to give you all the tips to taste the real balinese life.

If you want balinese hospitality at its best and a relaxing comfortable stay, this is the place for you (I think we will go back to Bali just to return here!).

Gregorio

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Gregorio F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Tilburg, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I was one of the first guests of Jangkrik Homestay in Ubud, shortly after they opened in June 2011. I can only say go there because you get so much value for money and the family of Kadek and Made make you feel like you are one of the family. They will do anything for you day and night and always friendly. Made and Kadek speak good English and their daughter Nita and Wayan also, little Komang gets better all the time. For me a good bed (mattress) and clean room and bathroom are very important and that is what you will get. This was my third year in Bali (Ubud) and I have stayed in many guesthouses, but this is my favorite for all times. Ubud is the place to be in Bali and then there can only be one choice to stay and that's Jangkrik Homestay. When I was there they had only 2 rooms, now they have 6 and they are all beautiful and clean. Be wise, book there, you will not regret it.

Room Tip: You must also try the warm meals that Kadek is offering on order. They are great value for money; ch...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AnsHendriks
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed for two weeks at Made and Karek's homestay. The room was spotless, the wifi was fast, and they made me feel completely at home. If I needed advice, or to borrow a sarong for visiting a temple, they always helped me. A very pleasant stay in a family compound that is centrally located right on Hanoman St. Only one note of caution: the walls between rooms conduct sound easily so you'll hear your neighbours if they are noisy.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank David D
Jangkrik U, Owner at Jangkrik Homestay, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
David thank you for your kind review on Trip Advisor, these reviews help us really to get new business. My family also appreciated your stay in our guesthouse and we consider you a friend and a good customer.
If you know any other people who have stayed in Jangkrik and did not write a review yet, would you please ask them to do so. Every review counts in our ranking and it helps other prospects to make a good decision for us.

See you soon, anyway the next time you go to Bali.

Made, Kadek, Nita, Wayan and Komang
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I stayed at this lovely homestay for 4 days in December and had a great time. Clean rooms, very nice family, accomodating, good breakfast all at a very affordable price.
Wifi works great, all in all best budget accomodations i found in Ubud.

Would definitely recommend to anyone travelling on a budget.

thank you!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank al w
Dear Al,

Thank you for staying with us and recommending our homestay so well on Trip Advisor. The reviews that our customers post on this site are of great importance for our business. They help other prospects to make a good decision and your recommendation will certainly help them to choose for Jangkrik Homestay.

Thank you and hoop to see you soon again,

Made, Kadek, Wayan, Nita and Komang
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 12, 2011

In a place like Ubud where there are hundreds of options for tourists, it can be hard to determine where to find the best facilities at the best rates. I'm a research student who was going to be living in Ubud for two months. I booked Jangkrik Homestay for a week and loved it so much, I stayed the whole time I was in Ubud! Made, Kadek and their three children became my family for that time, and I can't recommend staying here enough. Because I was going to be there so long, I got a wonderful discount (worked out to the equivalent of $11 US per night!) Most of all, the family goes above and beyond in making sure you're comfortable. In a place consumed by a booming tourist industry, sometimes it's hard to feel like you're not just a customer, but with Made and Kadek you feel like much more! They drove me to an international clinic when I was sick, took me to cultural performances and invited me to their neighborhood parties.

As for practical matters, the rooms are very comfortable and private, there is good wi fi, Kadek will bring you breakfast whenever you wake up in the morning, and it's a great central location for exploring Ubud. It's a pretty new facility (four new rooms were just added last October), so everything is very clean and in wonderful condition. (This is also why there aren't very many reviews of it yet!)

I would highly recommend staying at Jangkrik Homestay, I was entirely comfortable there and can't imagine anyone wouldn't be!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank NellABJ
Dear Nell,

We certainly enjoyed your stay at Jangkrik just as much. You are a wonderful person and we got to know each other very well in the good times and the bad times. Now we have 6 rooms ready, 4 upstairs and 2 downstairs and all the noise that you had to endure sometimes, when they were building rooms 3 and 4, is now in the past.
We hope to enjoy your company again this year and I am sure that you will like what you see.

Thank you for your very positive review, this is really helping our business. If you know other people who have stayed with us and they did not post a review here yet, please ask them to do so. This is very important for us.

Thank you and see you soon again in Ubud.

Made, Kadek, Wayan, Nita and Komang