“Gone from Great to Average, Oh My!”
Review of Melting Wok Warung

Melting Wok Warung
Ranked #26 of 789 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: New restaurant on busy road, just out of Ubud Centre. Small menu with excellent Indonesian food, cooked with a slight European twist.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We just returned back to this #1 spot after being away from it for about 7 months - which seemed to become more average. There were 6 of us and all 5 meals looked the same with different meats and flavor. We joked that they probably are harvesting their own bamboo shoots because almost every entre was loaded with them. One guest had a noodle soup and it was over cooked. She left most of it for the staff to clear. It's just a small tasty meal with nice service and a killer custard for dessert. It's not really a place to come back to often but a sure thing to try as a tourist for lunch. I have to say I was a bit hungry after eating my main course which consisted of light and fluffed up veggies with some pork pull. It's not expensive. Make sure you sit under a fan! It's hot!!!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I am only sorry that we are staying in Seminyak and couldn't return for more. When palate fatigue sets in whilst on holidays in Bali and you feel like you never want to see another nasi, mee or any other goreng in your life, head to Melting Wok which has all the zing in flavour you had forgotten about. Everything tastes fresh and homemade, like curry pastes have been ground and pounded from scratch. The staff are enthusiastic, attentive and friendly. I would highly recommend Melting Wok to anyone.

4  Thank RachelNT
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our hotel reception desk recommended this as a top place to eat in Ubud. A short walk from our hotel the Melting Wok is tucked into a small side street just off Monkey Forest Road at the soccer field. It's an elegant small Warung elevated above the street with only 8 tables and we were glad we had made reservations as at least ten diners were turned away during our dinner. I had a delicious chicken curry dish and it was outstanding with fresh herbs and coconut flavors skillfully blended together. My two dining companions had the two dinner specials of the evening, a ginger chicken dish and a beef dish. Both like their food very spicy and they were pleased with the kitchen's efforts. Great value for a top tier dining place as our total bill was under $40 with beer included. Outstanding personable, friendly, and funny wait staff added to the pleasurable dining experience. You must go, its excellent...but reserve in advance.

3  Thank David D
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the fourth visit to this gorgeous little Warung, and yet again, lives up to its number 1 status on Trip Advisor. The staff are delightful, service outstanding, food is exquisite, the dessert to die for. What more can I say. Please remember to book as it gets very busy!!

2  Thank msnurse_1
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I found this restaurant on TripAdvisor and walked from our hotel to try it for dinner. We hadnt booked, and were do happy to be fitted in by the lovely staff! I had a mild chicken coconut curry with rice and it was SO GOOD. Fresh chicken, fresh coriander and ginger - YUM! Worth a visit, but book so you won't be disappointed!

2  Thank 3emv