“Nice food, good price, friendly staff!”
Review of Melting Wok Warung

Melting Wok Warung
Ranked #26 of 790 Restaurants in Ubud
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: New restaurant on busy road, just out of Ubud Centre. Small menu with excellent Indonesian food, cooked with a slight European twist.
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, I would like to commend the staff for their kind and attentive service. They made us feel right at home and despite not making a reservation, me and my fiancee were lucky to get a table. The food, a bit of fusion, was very good for the price we were paying, about 140,000 rupiah for 2 mains, 2 drinks and a dessert in all. The noodles was nice, though the beef could have been softer for my fiancee to chew on. I had the fried chicken which me and my fiancee thought was perfect. It was so tender and so succulent! I highly recommend this restaurant to first timers to ubud.

3  Thank Dleow

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Omg,amazing tasty food the chef has mastered flavour and everything we had was so enjoyable, so good my husband ordered two mains. Portions are fairly sized, he just loved the food. My tofu dish was beautiful, lots of flavour and ingredients. My husband had the chicken curry once with noodles and another with rice, I think from ordering two you know they were good.
Desert was just as nice we had a Creme Carmel and crepe both nice and sweet like a desert should be.
Owner a French lady and her friendly staff couldn't have been better I they tried. Glad we got a booking will try to go back before we leave.
Do it or you won't know good food.

2  Thank SunitaLON
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We called in at lunch time for a drink and booked stable for that night. Geraldine was most helpful ensuring that we had a pleasant lunch and ago of table for the evening. We had one Beef & Basil special and one Chicken curry with noodles. They were both excellent, by far the best meal we had in Ubud.

1  Thank Ian_and_Chris-Leeds
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've been about 12 times and tried pretty much everything and LOVED it! My friend and I always end up choosing this little gem over any other place whether it be late lunch or dinner, we were always made very welcome without a reservation. The owners and staff are all super nice, service is first class, food is excellent and at an exceptional value. The creme caramel and crepe coco are sooo delicious! It's a MUST if you are in UBUD! I will for sure be back again and again as I have one more month to go...Merci!

1  Thank ZSJ4
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We called to make a reservation on the day we wanted to dine and couldn't get in until 9pm. We decided to check in a little earlier (to make sure they had our reservation and make sure we could find the place) and the owner was so gracious and told us to check back again at 8.15. She had managed to get us a table.

We ordered curries with noodles (one tofu, one beef), drinks and a creme caramel to share for dessert, the whole meal was 126,000rp. Incredible value and incredible food.

We are so glad we found this treasure, and had a very enjoyable meal here. The service was exceptional.

3  Thank Ashbyemma