“Bad”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The place is full of rats. Literally. They are on the roof running around. Dirty restaurant.
Service is poor, they don't respect costumer.
The food is the worst among "bebek" cuisines in Ubud and yes, Overpriced.
So yes, one of my biggest regret in life is visiting this place.

1  Thank Melna C

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Bad imitation of Bebek Bengil.
Our driver brought us here the first day, told us this is worth to visit and at lower price than Bebek Bengil. Me and my wife ordered 1 bebek (duck) and 1 nasi goreng (fried rice), 1 bintang beer and 1 avocado juice, costs us a hefty RP312,000!! The duck is skinny and the taste is flat and dull.
The waitress has some attitude issue too. Unfriendly and impolite.
On the other day, we insisted to go Bebek Bengil and ordered similar thing, the bill came at cheaper RP236,775, and the taste is 10x better.
Joni is really bad. Should avoid everything named Joni.

2  Thank hypang
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We live here, in bali, and had a night away from home. Our driver and all the staff at our villa insisted we one here. Fortunately as we rolled in, I managed to get 3G working and read the reviews. We saw all that has been said...so true. We can confirm drivers get a commission, after drilling ours. And we educated him on using trip advisor to be a good advocate for guests. I am an author of a book on bali, and am appalled this kind of thing is happening. We did not eat there, but can review all but the food. We headed to Bridges. Very happy.

2  Thank Creatavision
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I agree with other travellers here that the driver you hired will definitely bring you here for lunch so that they get the incentive. Yes, you will enjoy a nice restaurant with great view of paddy field. The food taste is just OK for me but the price is a bit expensive as compare with other place in Kuta which I have my dinner the night before. Being a tourist and first timer to Bali, I knew this is expected because I did not do my proper review before I came here!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This place has plenty of parking for busses and vans. Your driver will probably try to take you here so that they get commission. Caters exclusively to tourists that were bussed in by commission hungry drivers.

The prices were very expensive, particularly the drinks, and the food was not great.

There is an entire scene for dining in ubud - use tripadvisor or your guidebook to find a decent place and insist your driver take you there instead. Play hardball with your driver.

3  Thank muzzamo