“No no no”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne
“No no no”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We live here, in bali, and had a night away from home. Our driver and all the staff at our villa insisted we one here. Fortunately as we rolled in, I managed to get 3G working and read the reviews. We saw all that has been said...so true. We can confirm drivers get a commission, after drilling ours. And we educated him on using trip advisor to be a good advocate for guests. I am an author of a book on bali, and am appalled this kind of thing is happening. We did not eat there, but can review all but the food. We headed to Bridges. Very happy.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Creatavision

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Klang Bah Kut Teh
“Expensive local food”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I agree with other travellers here that the driver you hired will definitely bring you here for lunch so that they get the incentive. Yes, you will enjoy a nice restaurant with great view of paddy field. The food taste is just OK for me but the price is a bit expensive as compare with other place in Kuta which I have my dinner the night before. Being a tourist and first timer to Bali, I knew this is expected because I did not do my proper review before I came here!

• Visited March 2013
adelaide
“Touristy Garbage”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This place has plenty of parking for busses and vans. Your driver will probably try to take you here so that they get commission. Caters exclusively to tourists that were bussed in by commission hungry drivers.

The prices were very expensive, particularly the drinks, and the food was not great.

There is an entire scene for dining in ubud - use tripadvisor or your guidebook to find a decent place and insist your driver take you there instead. Play hardball with your driver.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank muzzamo
Melbourne, Australia
“Awful place...tell your driver - NO!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The only reason you will go here is because the driver you have hired for the day takes you for lunch - in exchange for financial incentive. It makes this review somewhat pointless as you are probably only reading because you too have already been taken there!

It has a reasonable view of rice paddies but certainly not the picture postcard one you might get elsewhere. Admittedly some of those other places are virtually impossible to park at due to the volume of cars.

The food & service are poor...my partners was almost certainly 2 minute noodles and not a lot else!

The place is the dictionary definition of 'tourist trap'!

Samarinda, Indonesia
“Great View and Food”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Bali is not only famous about it's beauty and hospitality. As an international destination it offers almost all kind of needs from aroun the world. But I think that Indonesian stuff still dominate in Bali. (you won't travel that far just to enjoy your home athmosphere).
Here in this restaurant, you will enjoy a nice restaurant with great view to a greener than green ricefield, fresh air, and far from busy road. the food is very good with Indonesian taste (I chose fish with spicy sauce) adn fresh juice (I like it's mango juice). I suggest you to come here in the morning around 10 to feel the morning sun and less other guest. This restaurant seems never empty. seat by the ricefield is the best view you can get. The prices? They just fit with your pocket :) it also take payment by cards. The parking is huge with nice yard. I really thank Mr. Budiartha for showing me this restaurant. I love it so much. :)

• Visited August 2012

Been to I Made Joni? Share your experiences!