“An amazing hotel”

Ranked #22 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
London, United Kingdom
“An amazing hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights and I still miss it now! Upon check in we were given cold towels and drinks whilst our luggage was taken to our rooms. The location is right in the centre of Ubud with all the shops, bars and restaurants on your doorstep but it is set back from the main road so the taxis can drop you to your door. Although in the centre of Ubud once you are in the hotel it is like you are a million miles away from the hustle and bustle of Ubud. My wife had spoken to the hotel before our arrival an mentioned it was my birthday during our stay and to our amazement we were given the rooftop villa which was incredible - A private terrace with dining area, living room, two bathrooms (one inside and one out), dressing room and bedroom! From that moment on we fell in love with the hotel. The pool area is great for relaxing in the afternoon and free afternoon tea is a lovely touch. Breakfast is lovely and cooked to order - the american breakfast is huge. But what really makes the hotel stand out is the high level of service that puts many other 5 star hotels to shame. The staff always remember your name and welcome you ‘home’ in the evenings. Nothing is too much trouble, they even drop you in town for free to save you walking. One of the best moments of the holiday was my birthday dinner we had on the private terrace – the food and service was great, all the staff including chefs and maintenance even came up to sing happy birthday!

Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The rooftop villa is amazing
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Actually I was so lucky to be upgraded to the top villa, but even at the deluxe roomis, I think it's enough fine. Although having a less good view, rooms are perfectly clean and nice. The rooms are very well designed, the facility is just beautiful and clean.

This hotel is located in the real center of Ubud. But the resort is departed from the noisy sound in the street. Very quiet and nice feeling... If you'd like to explore and do shopping or sightseeing in Ubud, this is the best place for you.

Also, Komaneka groups are family, if you'd stay in one of them, you can enjoy the breakfast, afternoon tea, and the pool in another Komaneka hotels too, such as Monkey Forest, Bisma, and Tanggayuda. This time I tried to have a breakfast in the new restaurant in Tanggayuda.

They arranged the transport car for me, so I could enjoy the wonderful valley view in the forest at Tanggayuda. It's like staying in another two hotels at the same time. This is a very good point in Komaneka hotels. Also, we could be given the compliment massage as a return guest. I recommend you to try another Komaneka hotels too, but stay in Rasa Sayang. The massage at the top floor was really like in heaven. I love it.

This is the second time stay for me in this hotel. But they always treat us as the Komaneka family even if we're staying at first time. I think they are the real professional hotelier. If you ask for anything, they will promptly reply to you with a nice smile. I think it owes to the good education to the staffs, and to the persoality of the resort manager, Budiarta Wayang san. Especially, the most impressive for me was their hospitality. It is not too exaggerated but very natural and comfortable for us. I'll defenetly stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you could stay in the top villa, you can enjoy the sunrise from your room. If in the deluxe room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Hiromi_11
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

What a great hotel. The staff was efficient & friendly to make our stay comfortable & happy. They supply everything even pj's everything you need is catered for. They are centrally located they even have afternoon tea with a selection of sweets as well as a spa treatment for the entire family included in our package. Our daughter was too young for the spa & she could opt for a free meal. The hotel is not very big about 30 rooms that is tastefully decorated and very big. Ideal for honeymoon or family

Room Tip: All the rooms face one direction but the great is when you open your curtain the big sliding doors w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shaheema
Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just want to start my review by saying that this is hands-down the best place we have ever stayed.

The hotel is gorgeous, quiet, sparklingly clean and shiny but also has a real natural feel with beautiful gardens, lots of wood, and large windows and open spaces.

Our room was really spacious and we had our own private balcony looking onto a private garden.

The hotel was wonderfully quiet and peaceful, even though it was in the heard of Ubud.

Th location could not be bettered in my opinion. We could walk everywhere we wanted to go. There is also a complimentary driver available for longer distances in Ubud, and we used them when we had a heavy bag on donations to drop off to one of the local animal shelters (BARC).

The service was really special. Every single staff member was outstanding. We were greeted each time we returned with "welcome home" and it truly felt like we were coming home. The staff greeted us by name everywhere we went in the hotel and always knew what we were doing that day without having to look it up. It was really personal and I don't think I have ever experienced service that was this good!

The food was amazing. I am vegan (they referred to it as "real vegetarian") and the restaurant was very happy to cater for this. We had an included dinner which they made a full vegan menu for. Our breakfast every day was made vegan and it was great being able to order a breakfast a la carte rather than have a buffet like other hotels -- the food was made fresh and to order and used lots of local ingredients. We could also choose to have breakfast in our room if we preferred and we used this option when we had tours departing earlier than the restaurant breakfast times (and this was still free/included!). They also made a takeaway breakfast box for us when we were doing the sunrise trek to Mt Batur. An example of what we had is in the photos below. The chef was also happy to give us recipes for everything and also said they were happy for us to give THEM recipes if we wanted them to make anything else for us. Afternoon tea is included and they made several vegan options for us, including a sticky black rice pudding and steamed banana dumplings.

We did a cooking class with them which was also made completely vegan. Yummy Balinese soup (I could live on this!), rendang, vegetables in peanut sauce, sate skewers, sticky black rice pudding with coconut cream. All made with local tofu and tempe which we purchased during an included market tour.

The concierge staff at the front desk were fabulous in assisting us to book all our tours. While we were here we did the Mt Batur sunrise trek, two lots of white water rafting, canyoning (rappelling down waterfalls), canyon tubing (relaxing floating down river in an inner tube), sightseeing day trips to the north of Bali (temples) and the east of Bali (water palace, high court), and a rice fields trek. They were also able to offer lots of recommendations for local food. We already had a long list of recommendations from home as well, so this helped us narrow it down.

We felt truly cared for while we stayed here and I highly highly recommend them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ange M
Santa Ana, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We returned to Ubud a second time and were unable to get into the Komaneka Monkey Forest, so we came here. It was very nice and would have been terrific except that I was expecting the quality of their Monkey Forest hotel. This one is more of a contemporary style -- and everything was great. I just loved the grounds of the other hotel and so, relatively, I was disappointed. The internet, here, however, was the best we had in our entire trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Silbermanlaw
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights and enjoyed every minute of it. Felt very welcome here. Love the ambiance, enjoyed the privacy and the most importantly great service rendered by the staff.

Room is spacious. Mine was located at the lowest floor, very quiet and privacy assured. The bathroom is superb, I can watch TV from my bathtub easily.

My package comes with breakfast where you have plenty to choose from.

The hotel is located at ubud market which is within walking distance. Plenty of eateries, spa, shops and ATMs too!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank halinaibrahim
delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I booked my Bali package through Bali for my Honeymoon. I would love to share that they arranged everything with uniqueness. A special treatment for us in the hotel. I & my wife were mesmerized. We want to thank Paras for making our Honeymoon a very memorable one. Would be coming back to you soon for our next package..:).

Room Tip: Good Room And Best Services.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple