“Outstanding Service”

Ranked #24 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Really amazing, super friendly staff, attention to all details. We were only having breakfast in the hotel and it was very very good i recommend (Komaneka breakfast). You'll find the waitress AYU there every morning she's amazing with kids always happy and lively. Really all the staff exceeded the expectations.
Very well recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed June 25, 2013

First time stay at this hotel, one of the best rooms I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world. Very clean well organised, well run hotel, cannot fault it. Massive modern rooms, plus a stunning bathroom with free standing bath and a huge rain shower. Large balcony. Fantastic private infinity pool, very quiet and peaceful surroundings. Would absolutely stayed there again.

Room Tip: Very intimate private hotel, quiet peaceful surroundings.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is our first visit to Ubud and our second to Bali. Chose Kumaneka rasa Sayang as it was mid priced and good location in the thick of it. From the second we stepped inside I simply cannot fault a thing. The rooms are large, spacious, airy, bathrooms amazing, every single facility you could think of. Staff exceptional, attentive without being over the top, breakfast out of this world and afternoon tea worth a visit. Decided to extend our stay by a night as could not bear to only stay 2 nights. Loved monkey forest but don't take any food or bottled water as the monkeys are a bit forward!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are great
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is the 4th time for me to stay at Komaneka hotels. I used to prefer staying in Komaneka Bisma due to the wonderful view, but this time tried to stay at Rasa Sayang because our main purpose was staying at the convenient and clean hotel in the center of Ubud. To tell the truth, I didn't too much expected to the room in Rasa Sayang, at first. However, I must apologize to them, our stay was really nicer than we expected.

This hotel is located at the center of Ubud, at the very convenient place on the Monkey Forest street. So I was a little bit worried about the noise from the street, but not at all heard it during our stay. Very easy to go out for shopping or having a dinner around the hotels, we can walk around by ourselves, and also used the free transport car by the hotel. It was very helpful for us.

To my luck, we're upgraded to the top villa. It was so nice... Amazing, thank you for your nice treatment, the resort manager, Mr. Budiarta Wayan san. Even the deluxe room, I think the room is enough wide and beautiful, but the villa was fabulous. It was very comfortable to sleep in nice bed with a clean linens in a very large room. At the outside, there is a garden with villa and could enjoy the top floor by feeling close to the sky. There are no mosquitoes at all in the room, very clean and well managed by the staffs. And the jet bath...! What a lovely flowers and a good massage by the jet bubbles?? We could heal our stress after the long flight from Japan.

I've ever tried the Balinese massage & scrub treatment at this hotel spa, so that already knew how nice and good skill they had. This time I was given a complimentary massage and hair cream bath treatment. Oooh... It was really wonderful to have a good skilled massage on my body at the top floor. Komaneka groups are really nice one, compared with another hotel spa, I think it's very reasonable price with very good skills. I really love it.

Regarding the breakfast, once I've ever tried in this hotel although I stayed in Komaneka Bisma. This is a very unique system. If we hoped, we can enjoy the free breakfast and free afternoon tea not only in the staying hotel but also in another Komaneka group hotels. So I requested to have a breakfast in Bisma at this time, so my friend could enjoy the two hotels' different and nice atmosphere at one stay. I think this is a very good system, will try another Komaneka hotel next time, in K-Monkey Forest or Tanggayuda.

This time I had a lunch at the restaurant in this hotel. It seems to be the breakfast menu in every Komaneka groups are the same, but the lunch here made me surprised. I was very impressed by trying it firstly, really lovely, and delicious one... Especially, I cannot forget the "Komaneka Special Curry"... So YUMMY! I want to eat it at this moment... NOW!!

I can assure you, you'll feel like having a nice family in Ubud if you chose Komaneka Rasa Sayang. Maybe this is caused by the education to the staffs in Komaneka groups.
They are very kind, and excellent hotel staffs. Komaneka hotel also have an excellent Japanese guest relation, Kaoru san. She is always talking to the Japanese guests in the restaurant or lobby. I think it will make Japanese people very relieved. I myself, as well. I strongly recommend you to stay in this nice hotel.

The most I love is their warm hospitality. Every staffs are always smiling to us all over the hotel. They're very friendly, but polite and having a good distance with the guests. they are always remembering and calling my name when we met. I felt myself like being at home, and could relax and enjoy my stay. Thank you very much to the all staffs! I'll be back again to this hotel.

Room Tip: Of course recommend you to stay at the villa, but should request the higher floor if it's deluxe...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Last year we stayed at Komaneka Bisma which was fantastic and this trip we decided to try one of their sister resorts, Komaneka Rasa Sayang, right in the middle of Monkey Forest Road situated within walking distance to restaurants and shops. What a great choice. Komaneka resorts go the extra yard with all their personal touches and service making this your home away from home. There are many accommodation options to choose from, but Komaneka resorts give you a truly Balinese experience. Everyone always has a smile on their face and nothing is too much trouble. We were fortunate enough to stay in their roof top villa for 12 nights....so spacious and well appointed. A special thank you to all the wonderful staff and to I Wayan Budiarta-resort manager. Don't forget to spoil yourself at their wonderful spa. We look forward to visiting you again soon. Best wishes, Colin and Liana

Del Mar, California
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Amazing! Rooftop villa was the nicest room my wife and I have ever stayed in. The service was even better. I would never stay anywhere else in ubud than one of their 4 properties. We visited the other ones and the service was most excellent.

1 Thank Fstop_delmar
Corner of Earth
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Well, what can I say? Komaneka has practically ensured that I have no reasons not to return for a 3rd time stay when I am in Ubud again.

I never thought it's possible that my second stay could be any better than the first. But it did. The staff were lovely. My room was beautifully set up. Staff helped me arrange for spa appointments and reserve restaurants. They picked us up or dropped us off within the town, making the stay totally hassle free. Did I mention how I love to have the option to have breakfast in our room/at our balcony? Though I always make sure I'll have it by the pool too.

To balance off the review, these are suggestions for improvement:

1) Better toiletries, maybe? On both stays I noticed the safety seals for the toothpaste were absent so I ended using mine which I always carry around when I travel, just in case.

2) Some fruits for breakfast were hard/not very ripe.

3) On both stays were not informed of the complimentary tea in the afternoon so had not tried to date. Was informed by the staff at Monkey Forest branch instead when we popped in for a look.

These are very minor issues and we are definitely very happy with our stay. Just know that this branch of Komaneka has no resort ground and if you prefer that you may want to look at their Monkey Forest or Tanggayuda branch.

We would love to be back.

P/S. Thanks for the lovely departure gift!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family