Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
$254
$224
$194
1,339 results
All reviewsafternoon teamonkey forestrooftop villaapple tvwelcome homecookie jarseparate toiletturn down serviceinfinity poolrestaurants and barsrooms are spaciousbeautiful hotelthe location is perfecthighly recommend this hotelconstruction workrose petalsevery staff member
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was my fourth trip to Ubud and the first time I have stayed at Komaneka at Rasa Sayang. It was recommended to me by my travel agent as I wanted to stay somewhere central. This hotel is right on Monkey Forest Road, but it was peaceful and serene and you would not have known you were right in the middle of Ubud. The room was huge and well appointed. The staff were welcoming and friendly and called all of their guests by name, welcoming us home, every time we returned to the hotel each day. Breakfast was varied (a la carte) and delicious. There was a complimentary afternoon tea served by the pool each day and we also received a complimentary massage in the day spare (heaven!). I can assure you that next time I am in Ubud, this will be where I choose to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My first visit to Bali was enhanced by this beautiful hotel. On arrival, as is Bali custom, we were greeted, seated and given a cool cloth and fresh fruit drink, what a lovely custom. The decor is elegant, staff helpful and genuinely friendly. Our room was very large and furnished to a high standard, the bathroom was also large with a huge shower cubicle, a free standing bath, twin basins, separate toilet, very comfortable. This accommodation was enhanced by the private balcony. I can't think of anything which could have made our stay more comfortable. The communal areas were of the same standard, dining area, pool area lobby and the spa all were of the same very high standard. This review would not be complete without mentioning the staff, every member I encountered, was friendly, happy and genuinely pleased to see and help you. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel, I will certainly be staying here again on my next visit to Bali.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We have just returned from the Komaneka recently (12/4 to 17/4) and as many others have said, we booked this hotel following the great reviews on tripadvisor and while slightly wary that they may have been "too good to be true", I can honestly say that I now agree with every one of them and we would stay there again tomorrow if we could.

We hadn't been to Ubud for about 10 years so were looking for a central hotel where we could walk to shops and restaurants and not need "Transport" all the time. So the location was perfect and on the few ocassions we did need to drive somewhere it was no trouble for the staff to arrange the hotel van to take us there and then pick us up afterwards. One time the driver got out and spoke to the restaurant staff, gave them his card and told them to ring him once we finished our meal. He was back to pick us up within 10 minutes of them calling and jumping back into the airconditioned van with it's complementary bottles of water and more of those cookies for the drive back to the hotel was the icing on the cake.

Likewise when we asked about their other properties, the front desk staff quickly told us all about them and basically had the car ready to give us a tour before we even made up our minds to go. I will say that the pool at Rasa Sayang is probably better suited to older children than ours (4 & 6) but the pools at the Bisma are fantastic and we spent a couple of afternoons enjoying ourselves over there. Courtesy of the hotel car of course.

The front desk staff were excellent with our children, all of them knowing their names within a day and always greeting us all by name and genuinely caring about how our day was and whether we were enjoying ourselves. I will single out Nity on the desk as being extra good but they were all great.

The spa was magnificent and as our first 2 massages were complementary they were enjoyed even more. But we booked 2 more afterwards, which tells you how good they were.

It is their attention to the smallest detail that makes this hotel one of the best I have stayed in, so much so that I have already recommended the Komaneka to someone at work who is travelling next month.

Finally in dot points:
- Plenty of free water supplied in rooms
- Bathroom/luggage area in rooms was huge
- Free Wi-fi
- The restaurant is even nicer than the brochure pictures show (Breakfast was great; try the noodles)
- Did I mention the staff are all great
- Free hotel activities such as learn to dance or wood carving; a lot of fun for everyone
- Check out the batik covers for the torch and insect spray that they place beside your bed every night, along with the glass and small bottle of water.

You will not be disappointed with the Komaneka.

Room Tip: They don't have what I consider to be interconnecting rooms but you can get from one to the other via the balconies which wasn't really that much trouble. We requested rooms near the pool/restaurant and ended up on the ground floor. Again no problems with this except that every night I think the person in the room above us had a bath and when they emptied it out we heard the gurgling through the drains for about 5 minutes. A bit of a shock the first time you hear it!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank David T
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We booked my sister and family in to this hotel after a weeks holidaying together, whilst we had splurged on a luxury 3 night stay elsewhere in Ubud. We ended up at Komaneka after checking out of the other hotel after one night. Komaneka is a lovely hotel, with superb rooms, fabulous pool and public areas. Little touches in the room, from the moisturiser, pyjamas/slippers, and Apple TV, just add to the comfort. The location is excellent- close to everything but set back from the road to give a sense of tranquility. The car service is brilliant. The breakfast is fantastic, and being able to enjoy on your balcony a bonus if you want to relax before hitting the streets for some shopping. We also enjoyed a dinner in our room- the food is very good and exceptionally well priced. We found the service faultless, really lovely, friendly, helpful staff. The hotel is extremely well priced and offers value for money for such quality- we will definitely return.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms have nice views over rooftops.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at the Komaneka from for one week in early April and each day we became more impressed by the wonderful staff.

What really stood out for us and what makes this hotel a solid 5-star was their attention to the smallest details. To get an idea, let's just take a look at the morning routine. You arrive at the breakfast area and sit down at a table. Do you have a bag or camera with you? No problem. The staff will see this and instantly bring over a small side stool on which you can place your items instead of on the table. Glance over the railing towards the pool below and you will see the pool staff preparing the loungers by removing the double waterproof night covers and then making up the cushions with linens to hospital bed precision. Identically folded towels are then placed at the foot of each lounger and the staff member retreats to the end of the line of loungers to eyeball and exactly align each towel. Off to the side, another staff member is busy pruning individual leaves with a long bamboo pole from the dozens of trees that line the area. Heaven forbid that any leaf visible to guests should show signs of withering!

During breakfast one day I expressed a liking for the rambutan in our fruit salad. That evening we came back to our room to find that our fruit tray was replenished with an copious supply of rambutan! Perhaps an easy thing to overlook but the restaurant staff obviously communicated their observation to the room staff.

I could go on but hopefully you get the picture. We would return to the Komaneka in an instant.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooftop villa 4102. It was very quiet. Pricier than other rooms but in our opinion the outdoor private area, outdoor shower and roominess made the extra cost worthwhile.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple