“Warm, inviting, with a high attention to all the little details that make the difference.”

Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
Ranked #33 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This was our first trip to Bali, and we arrived in Ubud tired and hungry after an early flight and some bad planning on our part!

We were greeted warmly, and offered a delicious complimentary drink while our details were processed. We arrived before check-in, and were shown to the restaurant to have lunch while we waited. This was the only "main meal" we had at the hotel during the stay, however we had breakfast and afternoon tea every day. The food is delicious and of a high quality.

The room was spacious with an outdoor private balcony and large bathroom. Fresh flowers filled the room with a lovely scent, there was a small gift on arrival, and the bed covered in rose petals. Complimentary bottled water appeared every day, along with a bowl of fruit and a never ending cookie jar!

If I wanted to find one flaw in the room, the bathroom and toilet doors have a slatted section at the bottom - if you had a dose of Bali belly this might be a little uncomfortable for anyone else in the room!

Towels appeared to be changed twice a day - the room was made up while we were at breakfast, and again when we went out for dinner.

The complimentary afternoon tea was always delicious and the service was exceptional.

We also used the spa services which were great as well.

The location was great - 10 mins casual walk to the centre of Ubud, and 5 mins casual walk to the Monkey Forest. Surrounded by restaurants and shops. The beauty of the location was the ability to duck back to the hotel for a quick shower to freshen up at any point throughout the day.

We used the hotel taxi service to get back to the hotel. This was $50AUD and we could have taken a taxi off the street for half the price. However, our taxi was pristine, air-conditioned and again was stocked with bottled water, soft drinks, beer, and snacks! The driver was of the same warm, friendly nature as all the other hotel staff, and made conversation through the approx 1hr journey as well as asking us if his driving was too fast/slow etc.

Every aspect of the hotel service could be summed up as warm, inviting, with a high attention to all the little details that make the difference.

We'll definately travel to Ubud again, and if we do, we would most definately stay here again!

4  Thank JadeandSimon

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Our stay at the Komaneka at Rasa Sayang was awesome. The rooms are very big with a large private balcony and the service is amazing. You will feel like a royal the way you get treated.
It's just all the little things the staff do, like the all remember your name and say welcome home every time you return to the hotel.
The rooms get serviced twice a day and in the evening there are night gowns put onto the bed with a different bed time story each night.
Also there is a car service who will happily take you to dinner around Ubud in the evening.
Having stayed at many resorts around the world this is definitely one of the best ones.
Two thumbs up!!!!

Thanks again Mr Paul and Mrs Shelley

3  Thank Bossiron
Reviewed May 19, 2012

This is a lovely hotel with excellent service! The staff made my daughter's birthday very special by coming to our room and singing happy BD on our arrival evening with a cake.
they remembered our names during the whole stay and were very helpful. The outstanding location, staff and service made our stay very enjoyable .
Many great restaurants and shops are within just a short walk.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Helenedang
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

We visited Bali in May and stayed at the Komenika Rasa Sayang twice during our visit. We both felt that the hotel was a home from home - their attention to detail is amazing and they always gave us a warm welcome (including a small present during our second stay). The rooms are comfortable, well laid out and the best we stayed at in Bali! I would recommend this hotel to everyone and this is the first time I've left a review on trip advisor because our stay was that good!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank OwenandLaura
Reviewed May 17, 2012

But my home is not nearly as beautiful in the same way as this place! I say it was 'home away from home' because all of the staff did everything they could to make me comfortable. I was traveling with a group but occasionally wanted to explore Ubud on my own. I would tell the front desk where I was going (because I wanted to, not because they were nosey).. And when I came back they'd always say 'welcome home'. How wonderful.
The amenities were amazing. Food, classes, pool, comfortable bed, and even provided pajamas and robes! Great value for the money!
There were shuttles in VERY nice cars if I wanted to travel a little further out.
The spa was beautiful with talented staff. The waitstaff were so kind and patient. The rooms made me feel like I was living in a princess' dream! Very spacious and comfortable. Large balcony with table for having meals and couch for relaxing.
A plant lover's dream with lovingly attended gardens.
I could say so much about this wonderful place...
I will certainly return to Komaneka at Rasa Sayang as soon as possible!

Room Tip: I can't imagine there are any bad rooms here!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kristal E
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I could not possibly think of one reason why not to re-visit! We had originally booked Komaneka at Monkey Forest however on arrival we were asked if we would rather stay at Rasa Sayang as it was new etc. They sold it as a free upgrade and without seeing the rooms etc at Monkey Forest we can't comment on how it compares but we weren't left wondering after a fabulous stay.

We extended our original booking of four nights to nine. The staff were very polite and could not do more to make us feel welcome. The room was impeccable and a lovely size. Water was always topped up so we had an unlimited supply. There was also a cute jar of biscuits that were replenished.

Breakfast was a feast and we also ate one night at the hotel which was complimentary due to our extension. Could not fault the food.

The location could not be better, right in the heart of Ubud on Monkey Forest Road and walking distance to all the local attractions, restaurants and bars.

Overall a wonderful stay and will be recommending to all our friends travelling to Bali!

1  Thank LondonLolo09
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I’m a big fan of Komaneka, and have tried most of them except Bisma. It was my first stay at Rasa Sayang which opened in late 2011.

Checking in was quick and efficient, you’re offered the usual cold towel and welcome drink. Staff were surprised when I answered 6th to the usual “Is it your first time at Komaneka sir ?”

As my room was not yet ready I was given a grand tour of the property, including a visit to one of the 2 Villas located on the top floor (4th).

In Rasa Sayang the architecture, design, décor and wonderful staff remind you that you are staying in a Komaneka but the concept is slightly different than Monkey Forest or Tanggayuda.

This one is a 4 story building with room access from an outside corridor, the narrow building goes all the way from the road to the river.

At the river end you can find the restaurant, pool area and a small terrace close to the river right below the pool area.

My room on the 3rd floor was large, well equipped with a large balcony but not much of a view towards Pertiwi. The bathroom is also large and functional. Nice bathtub and a separate shower cubicle.

Breakfast was good with a choice of Continental, American or Indonesian options. It’s more than enough to keep you going until diner with maybe a minimal lunch.

As usual after a few hours the reception staff and a few others start addressing you by your name which is always a nice touch.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the spa pricelist at Rasa Sayang is more reasonable than at the other Komanekas I stayed at by 50% of more. The Spa is located on the 4th floor, on the back side of the hotel offering a wonderful view from the lounge. I’m not and authority on spa and massages but I had a few sessions and was quite pleased. Same great service, good facilities and wonderful staff.

For those who are wondering, I inquired and it looks like Monkey Forest kept the old price list.

Overall a great stay, a lovely hotel ideally situated on Jl Monkey Forest, great staff and peaceful setting.

Would I recommend it, yes no problem.

Would I come back ? Yes, but only if Komaneka Monkey Forest is out of the equation. I just love the gardens, small building and sense of being in a small village you get there.

Rasa Sayang has all the Komaneka attributes in a more classical hotel setting.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo