“Amazing!!! Love, Love, Love!!!”

Komaneka at Rasa Sayang
Ranked #32 of 200 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed February 15, 2012

From the moment we arrived we felt like family....this hotel is only six months old so looks beautiful..the staff are just delightful and have been trained to a high standard in politeness and manners..from the front desk to the gardener.
The rooms are a good size with a large bathroom with bath and separate shower and private toilet and very well appointed...little biscuits to have with your coffee, room servicing twice a day, turn down service and a nightgown for you as well to cozy up in the very comfortable bed!!! The air con is great.
The afternoon tea served between 3.30 and 5.00 was enjoyed overlooking the infinity pool and the lovely jungle backdrop.
The hotel has free wi fi and a complimentary drop off/pick up service around Ubud. The hotel is very centrally located on Monkey Forest Road with bars and restaurants close by. It is set back from the road so there is no traffic noise just peace and quiet. The hotel also has a lift.
I couldn't fault this hotel or the staff and would love to return on our next trip to Ubud.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd floor or above room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,301)

Reviewed February 13, 2012

We are frequent travellers in Europe and Canada, USA and elsewhere, aged 50+. Now on an extended trip to Bali and already stayed in various Villas etc elsewhere in Bali. My parents - very active but older - travelled with us to Ubud.. We wanted to stay somewhere that was central, quiet and comfortable. I also work when travelling so need a decent size room, desk, reliabe in room wifii, etc. I booked on booking .com got a v good price for a 5 star . I agree with all the below good reviews. The 3rd floor room was huge, modern, clean and airy with a large balcony with table and chairs, service was great, pool lovely. Great.location can't be beaten for seeing sights such as Ubud palace, night dance shows, art museums, threads of life gallery, etc. The hotel driver/car service ( no charge) to cafes, museums, shows etc was a great addition and very helpful to us.. We would certainly stay here again. A grea new hotel .

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MoiraLm
Reviewed February 8, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights and felt the warm hospitality of its staffs. The location is almost on the center of everything happen in Ubud. The room is huge and cozy, and made us never want to leave. My kid love to swim in its infinity pool. Good food also available around the hotel. We have everything we wanted on this hotel. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rudisule
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I decided to treat myself and stay here two nights before meeting up with a tour and I am absolutely happy I did! I've never stayed at a Komaneka hotel, but the service was second-to-none. This hotel is perfect for someone that wants a quiet oasis, but still be right in the center of all the action. It is perfectly located on Monkey Forest Road and is the newest hotel of the Komaneka chain in the area. I booked the room on Agoda and got a fantastic deal. Check-in was seamless, I had a room on the 3rd floor (#3310) with a king size bed and a balcony. The rooms are huge! Besides the bed, there is a desk, couch, lounge chair, flat-screen TV, and ample room to walk around in. The bathroom is massive as well with a huge soaking tub, separate (and extremely large rain shower that could hold at least 5 people), double sink, separate room with the toilet, and another separate area to put your luggage. The hotel has a beautiful infinity pool that overlooks the lush greenery over a small river with 8 lounge chairs. Included in the cost is complimentary breakfast (which is delicious with MANY Western and Indonesian options) and coffee or tea and an assortment of cakes in the afternoon - either of these can be delivered to your room or you can get these in the restaurant that overlooks the pool. The service was really spectacular, all the staff was so incredibly friendly and they also do a beautiful turn-down service in the evening. The next time I come to Ubud, I am absolutely staying here again - I can't say enough good things about it!

Room Tip: The rooms on the 1st level are sub-level so the balconies on that level are enclosed by walls (I loo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RioTraveler103
Reviewed February 5, 2012

You can stop looking because this is THE place to stay in Ubud. As well as the beautiful room, very handy location, the fresh cocktails and excellent swimming pool, it was the care and attention of all the Komeneka Rasa Syang staff that really made our Ubud holiday very special. We stayed for 4 nights including New Years Eve as part of our 3 week Bali holiday and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The New Years Eve party was exceptional with Balineses dancers and orchestra, a full buffet dinner and the most amazing three piece acoustic band I've ever seen. These guys took requests and played and sang everything from Japanese love songs to Crowded House. We normally couldn't be bothered with NYE but the staff (on their own time) went all out to give us a great night. Very much appreciated. There's much more but here's just some examples of the outstanding Komeneka Rasa Syang service: as they don't have an in-house gym one of their drivers took me to Komeneka Bisma each morning for my workout and collected me when I finished, the receptionist booked a restaurant for us and then arranged a driver to take us there and back, in fact, their drivers will take you anywhere you want to go within the main town area at no charge! There was always a warm welcome when we came back from shopping and we looked forward to seeing who was on Reception. Like most TripAdvisor users we've stayed in hotels from New York to Melbourne and from Paris to Singapore and Komeneka Rasa Syang is definitely one of the best you'll find anywhere.

Room Tip: The building is in the middle of the block with views of the trees on the boundary but you're no...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Stayed at Komanka Rasa Sayang for 4 nights in November 2011. I was by myself for a much needed break.
The hotel is still sparkling new and the rooms are large and beautifully appointed. I had a bath in the huge freestanding bath every night.
It's right in the heart of Ubud on Monkey Forest rd. Great location to stroll around town for food and shopping. The trade off is no views from the rooms. The balcony looks so inviting with day bed and little table but it looked straight on to a concrete wall.
The hotel does the best it can with a narrow site and the pool area is lovely. They've strung up a black cloth between the hotel and the one next door and they're encouraging vines to grow across it to give an illusion of space. Looks a bit unfinished at he moment.
The best views are from the spa on the top floor. Pop up there just to take them in even if you don't stay for a treatment. You should though. I had a massage which was lovely. You pay more than on the street but the surrounds are a hundred times nicer and the staff really know what they're doing.
Speaking of staff the reviews about service are apot on. Komaneka's staff really are wonderful. The get to know your name and ask after your day. It made someone home to the hotel an inviting haven.
Stay at Bisma if you want views, but sray here for town spirit. Really lovely spot.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Bec S
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We've been to heaps of hotels, in Bali and all over the world, and I would say that while we're very fair in judging places, we're also pretty stringent with standards. The Komaneka Rasa Sayang scored top marks in every department we can think of.
Great location (it's along Monkey Forest Road, across from famous eateries like Three Monkeys, Cinta Grill and Lotus Lane).
Beautiful architecture and decor. Large room with well thought-out amenities and an amazing bathroom (complete with a gorgeous free-standing tub, wardrobe space, marble-floored shower closet and separate toilet room within the bathroom). Everything that you need has been thought of for you: right down to the essential oil mosquito repellent, batik-swathed torch light, wicker shopping bag, jar of body lotion etc).
Breakfast came with our room rate: freshly cooked, ala carte selections that you could choose to have either in the restaurant (which overlooks a ravine and the infinity pool) or served in your room's patio. Most Bali hotels just give a few choices, but we had a whole list of breakfasts to choose from. Yummy!
They have a great spa with very reasonable prices for a nice hotel spa. Room service (and mini bar) prices are good too - even more affordable that going to Cafe Lotus or the nearby restaurants. Such a refreshing thing for a top class hotel like the Komaneka.

But what really makes this place special is the people who work here. All the staff we met were sincere and friendly, and very helpful. Special mention to the resort manager Wayan Budiarta, who went out of his way to help us find my iPod Nano (I thought I lost it, but it was actually tucked up somewhere in my luggage. Careless mistake on my part!) and showed us hospitality beyond any other hotel we've ever been to, around the world.
Honestly, even places other top notch hotels don't match up to their service.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple