“July's Tour and the hotel in general”
Review of Puri Alam Dewata

Puri Alam Dewata
Puri Alam Dewata
Ranked #367 of 536 Ubud B&B and Inns
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“July's Tour and the hotel in general”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The staff was exceptional. We were the only people staying in the hotel the first day and July Jumpink, a member of staff looked after everything for us. He took us on a tour around the various tourist destinations the first day lasting 6 hours. The tour was very reasonably priced and cheaper than bus tours advertised in Ubud. July drove us around in a very comfortable air conditioned mini van. July took us to Goa Gajah, Holy Water Springs, a volcano, a rice paddy, a coffee plantation and monkey forest. Throughout the tour he gave us an in depth explanation of Balinese life and culture and guided us around the tourist sites explaining all the features in detail. As opposed to other tour guides July's tour wasn't merely a recital word for word which he repeats on every tour but it was tailored to what we wanted to know. Definitely a 10/10 tour which I'd recommend to everybody.

On the second day he brought us on a tour to his village. This started with a spectacular walk through the rice paddys, a truly unforgettable experience. He then took his to his house where he introduced us to his family and showed us around his house, a traditional Balinese house. He gave us a demonstration of his family's wood carving. We bought a small owl which I insisted he carve his name into to commerorate this truly wonderful experience. He then painted mine and my girlfriend's name onto the owl. He then took us on a walk around his village showing us various noteworthy buildings and places.

The actual hotel was in a great location. Close to Goa Gajah in a very peaceful location among the rice paddys. The balcony looks out into a tropical rainforest location with a river gently bubbling outside the window. The room was very comfortable and clean. Every evening July asked us what we'd like for breakfast the next morning and what time we'd like it. A very nice change from the usual "breakfast will be between 7 and 10".

Once again I would recommend this hotel and July's tour to anybody and everybody. Truly an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Paris, France
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed two nights at this hotel and I enjoyed my stay there through July Jumpink boy who works there!
It will make your stay an unforgettable moment, it is really helpful and will be ready to guide you in the city!
He took us to his village is a short walk through the rice and it was really rewarding to meet local people. His family is very welcoming and very friendly.

If you are looking for a nice hotel to explore the city in a Balinese stay in this hotel and July will be here to help you and make you discover many beautiful things!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2013

me and my friend stayed over 8 nights in the place, very friendly people, the owner is a very nice friendly man. July Jumpink (from the villa) was our tour guide and he made sure we had a comfortable stay over our stay. If anyone is looking for a nice, quiet and comfortable stay in Bali, I'd recommend this place. Thanks to the lovely people from Puri Alam Dewata, Ubud....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dipanss
Peachland
Reviewed January 4, 2013

*Please note I stayed here in February 2012 but posted this review in the wrong place as Trip Advisor had not yet added the hotel.
I once again want to emphasize that these people were very friendly and tried to accommodate our requests as best they could.

Hotel, Puri Alam Dewata, in Ubud is a budget hotel that we booked on Agoda. Photos looked lovely but we quickly learned that a photo doesn't tell it all!

Our first room was so full of mold that we refused to even go into it.

We were there for an unfortunate 5 nights! Not once did they come into our room to clean the bathroom or floors or give us clean towels - we finally asked. The breakfast was included but every morning they got our order wrong. The shower was a mere dribble out of the shower head & the floor was dirty so I wore my sandals.

They followed us around asking what we wanted to do, etc. to the point I started feeling like I was being stalked - sometimes we would sneak in to avoid them, only to get a knock on our door to ask us.

Now having said this I need to shine some stars on this place as the owners were very kind people. I believe they are new to the hotel game so not sure of what to do. Their helper was kind enough to take us on a walk to his village through the rice paddys which was lovely and made for a great day.

Bottom line is they have a lot of work to do on the hotel rooms (all 4 of them) and they need to learn how to run a hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends