“Heavenly”
Review of Puri Sunia Resort

Puri Sunia Resort
Ranked #41 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I can't praise this place enough. Every 'i' was dotted and every 't' crossed. The highly praised reviews made us book here and they are so true. The staff were attentive in every way to make this place a better home away from home. The place was set in a relaxing jungle amongst the rice paddy region only 10mins north from Ubud. The room was large and such a joy to walk into every time. Relaxing is the aim of this place and they make it effortless in achieving exactly that. They have a warm genuine desire for you to feel peacefully at home. The food was great, with breakfast being an excellent start to each day. Half our lunches and dinners ended up being at the resort out of our 8 night stay. The longer we stayed the less we wanted to venture into Ubud. Once again, I can’t praise this place enough. Thanks again to Mr Dewa and his staff

Room Tip: The 'suite' rooms are above the 'deluxe' rooms and provide the highest view point of...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharlieV_and_SaraC
Dewa D, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Mr. Charlie and Ms Sara, Om Swastiastu! Thank you for your review on trip advisor. We glad to know you enjoyed your time at our resort. I will share its to all staff members here. Sure they will be happy to hear that also. Your compliments made us to commit to maintain all of our products and services and wishing your return to our peaceful home in near future. Suksma.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

A 15 minutes drive from central Ubud, this is a hidden jewel tucked away in a small village, Abangan. The unassuming entrance is misleading. Once inside, the gracious and helpful staff make the stay a memorable experience. The resort has deluxe rooms, suits and villas. We stayed one night in a deluxe room and then shifted to a villa with a private dip pool and a gazebo. The bathroom open into the private garden. Our stay was enjoyable. The resort offers free shuttle ride to and from the city center every hour. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Dewa D, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, Om Swastiastu! Thank you for your review on trip advisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our resort. We realized that we need to gain ideas to do improvements. We seek your suggestion on how we can improve products and services in future for welcoming you return to our peaceful home. Suksma

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

10 minutes drive from Ubud centre, relatively quiet and very relaxing. Surrounded by trees and rice fields beyond. Staff are excellent, meals in the restaurant are very good, choice of 3 styles of room. Stayed 8 nights and felt at home. Great yoga space and complimentary early morning session. Guided walks or jogs through the rice fields too. Easy to explore local villages and small trails into the rice paddies. Complimentary hpurly shuttle service to and from Ubud centre. Recommend to anyone seeking a fabulous escape from city hustle and bustle.

• Stayed: May 2013
Dewa D, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Valued guest, Om Swastiastu! We would like express our sincere thank you for your review and compliments. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our products and services, specially our yoga and foods. We will do our best to maintain its to welcoming you back to our peaceful home. Suksma

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is one of the very few places that is truly deserving of its 5 stars. They really deserve their success. We went there to drop out and relax and this is primed exactly for that. The food was excellent and for a three or four day break its perfect. Yoga in the morning. Cycle around in the afternoon. Just sitting and listening to the sounds all around you. It's quite stunning. The rooms are big, airy, spacious. The staff couldn't be friendlier and they really go out of their way to make your stay as memorable and meaningful as possible.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaxGaffney

Dear Valued Guest, Om Swastiastu! Thank you for your review and compliments. We do happy our resort now became your favorite place for your holiday. We also glad you enjoyed our products and services. We will do all of our best to maintain its to welcoming you back to our peaceful home. Suksma

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at the Puri Sunia Resort for 4 nights whilst we were on honeymoon. We paid for an airport transfer and I would recommend this. The driver was waiting for us at the airport, we enjoyed ice cold water and hot face towels when we arrived at the car, which we enjoyed after a long flight! The hotel itself beautiful. We stayed in a suite (upstairs room). The room was huge with a nice balcony and lovely bathroom. We found our room to be of a high standard and very clean.The hotel restaurant is great, there was a good choice of food for breakfast. We also ate in the hotel restaurant one evening, the food was AMAZING, I can't recommend it highly enough. The hotel is located in a quiet location away from the hustle and bustle of Ubud town. We enjoyed exploring Ubud town; the hotel offers a free car/shuttle service to Ubud every hour and also collects guests from Ubud every hour. The journey is only about 10/15 minutes. The staff at the hotel are extremely friendly, welcoming and accommodating. Every member of staff went out their way to say hello to us which made us feel very welcome. I also had a massage in the hotel spa. The spa is beautiful and the therapist was extremely professional; I thoroughly enjoyed the massage and would recommend the spa. We also arranged to have a private car with driver to take us on a tour on the way to our next resort Lovina. We thoroughly enjoyed the tour and the various sights we stopped at. The driver was great at pointing out sights and telling us about the places we visited. This hotel is a must!

Room Tip: Would recommend staying in a suite room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Naylow

Dear Valued Guest, Om Swastiastu! We would like to express our sincere thank you for your review and compliments. We do happy that our resort became your favorite resort to spend your holiday during in Bali. I will share its to all of our members and sure they also will be happy to hear. We committed to do our best to maintain our products and services to welcoming your return to our peaceful home. SUksma.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This Resort made our trip to Bali special! It was wonderful. The staff is friendly and helpfull. We had a cooking class wit the chef. He is funny guy and the food is absolutely perfect. The service in the restaurant was also excellent! The staff from the house keeping is perfect they helped out were ever they could. Housekeeping Manager Eka gave us beautiful tips for trekking and restaurants. He specially was truly amazing. We can not thank the puri team enough! It was perfect. And we felt home away from home. So when they say welcome home, coming back from a trip...it's true

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank CristianGomes
Dewa D, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Chistian. We would like to express our sincere thank you for your review on trip advisor. We glad that your enjoyed our time in our resort, products and services, specially our staff Eka and Chef Made. I will share this review to all of staff and sure they will be happy to hear too, wish to welcoming you return to the peaceful home. Suksma

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my favourite hotel in Bali. It was my last of a 3 week tour - I wish I'd gone there at the beginning and stayed the whole time. The place is beautiful. The Service is perfect - you feel like you've come to stay with good friends who want you to have the very best time you can. The food is absolutely wonderful - so much so that I made a point of asking to speak to the chef. The Spa is the only place in my whole life that I feel like I was totally at peace with the world.
I know I'm gushing. I just loved it there. The rooms are clean and comfortable - the bathrooms are the kind of place you want to stay in longer than you need to just to enjoy them. I really enjoyed the four poster bed (that sounds dodgy.... ahem.....) there's something very special about a four poster bed. TV was good quality and had a few English speaking channels.
Staff really can't do enough for you. In my 4 nights there I did my best to partake in everything. I did morning Yoga with Julie, which was wonderful. I went for the rice paddy walk - best pictures I took in Bali. I did a full 4 hour package in the spa - all natural ingredients -supplied by the kitchens. I did smell a little "yoghurty" afterwards - but I was so chilled out I didn't give a damn! I even learned how to make the offerings that are dotted all over the beautiful Island.
It is true that the location is outside Ubud, the shuttle service met my needs without any problems and I liked the remote nature of the location. One thing to note is that I am terrified of anything that has more legs than me (or no legs for that matter)... there were a few little (and a couple of rather large) lizards around. But they didn't bother me - and the chaps on reception were very good at chasing them out of my room for me - I'm a wimp - they really wouldn't have hurt me and I was in the middle of the real actual proper jungle!!!
I loved the place - can you tell? I dream about going back!
Thank you to all the staff - especially Sri and Julie for making it such a special time.

Room Tip: I had the most basic ground floor room (cheapest) I don't think you need anything more than that...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Dewa D, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest, Om Swastiastu! Thank you for your review and compliments. We do happy that you enjoyed your holiday at our resort. I will share its to our staff members specially Sri & Juli. I am sure they will be happy to hear too. We will do our best to keep and improving our services and products to welcoming you return to our peaceful home. Suksma