“The best place to stay in Ubud”
Review of Puri Sunia Resort

Puri Sunia Resort
Ranked #38 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Ubud, Indonesia
“The best place to stay in Ubud”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best hotel stay experiences you could ever have.
The staff are exceptionally warm and friendly and if you stay here a few days like I just did you feel very much part of the Sunia Family.
The hospitality and care is very genuine and heartfelt.
The staff really do care about the guests and will go out of their way to help.
The atmosphere is very relaxing and just the right distance from ubud to be away from the hustle and bustle of the charming mountain town.
I thoroughly recommend the Sunia it is a wonderful insight into the beautiful people and spirit of the island. The staff will take u to the local village if u ask and I highly recommend doing this if you want an insight into how the Balinese live in such balanced harmony.
They have a new Aust trained chef who provides first class food on a consistent basis.
Don't look anywhere else this place is outstanding

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank David M
Dewa D, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review and compliments. We glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in our peaceful home. We will share its to our team member, specially our chef. And we do hope able to serve you in near future. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Puri Sunia is about a 10 minute drive from the heart of Ubud (the resort has a bus every hour that takes you there). The rooms are beautiful and quiet, deep bath, views of green lushness and tastefully decorated. The staff are friendly, helpful and excited to share their culture. The food at the restaurant is wonderful, and the Balinese breakfasts a perfect way to begin each day. There is an afternoon tea provided with Bali coffee & sweets. Perfection. Would definitely stay there again & recommend to everybody.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 109KarenD
Dewa D, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, we sincere thank you for your review on the tripadvisor and the compliments you delivered. We glad that you enjoyed your time with us, especially our foods and service. I will share its to all of staff members, and sure they will happy to hear its. We wish to welcoming you back as a part of family at Puri Sunia, in the peaceful home. Thank you.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Spent four days here, wishing it could be four weeks. The setting in amongst rice paddies, the rooms, the pool, the food... cannot fault anything.
The free shuttle takes you on the hour into Ubud, a short 10-15 minute drive away, with pick up on the quarter hour. The young driver was terrific, polite, helpful...even invited us to his village temple to see the preparations for a festival a few days later.
So peaceful. The restaurant is fabulous. Who needs an 'American' breakfast when the Indonesian breakfasts are fantastic. The restaurant staff were fabulous.
Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms havw a private balcony overlooking the gardens and very high thatched roof. Al...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dewa D, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for your review on the trip advisor. We also glad you enjoyed your time with us, our food and driver service. I will share its to all of staff member. We also wish to welcoming you back at our peaceful home in Ubud. Thank you.
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our first trip to Bali for 20 years and we took our 12 year old son. Hotel and location was just what we were after. Lovely surroundings, quiet location and very much in the heart of real Bali. Staff are fantastic and nothing too much trouble. Restaurant is great and the huge soft beds were something that more hotels should have. Hotel is about 15 mins north of Ubud however shuttle service made it easier and means you are away from the hustle and bustle of the town. You also get to experience seeing the rice fields and terraces on the way to and from and see how the local villagers live.

Room Tip: We had ground floor room which was very nice. Upstairs is same with private balcony and view so pref...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dewa D, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for your review on the trip advisor. We also glad you enjoyed your time with us, enjoyed our food, surroundings and services. I will share its to all of staff member. We also wish to welcoming you back at our peaceful home in Ubud. Thank you.
Perth, Western Australia.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We've all been to hotels that owe more to the photographer than reality. Puri Sunia is not one of those. Stated simply, it delivers!
I've travelled, and stayed at many hotels, and few of those live up to the hype in the brochure or on line: this venue did.
The staff were always available if required, the meals were first class, and the rooms beautiful.
If you want tranquillity, isolation and peace and quiet, this is the place! The hotel shuttle service is available on the hour, every hour, to whisk you into Ubud, and every hour to deliver you back to your oasis that is Puri Sunia.
My only regret is that I wasn't able to stay longer than the 10 days I was there.
I have absolutely no reservation in recommending this hotel.
David Fletcher, Perth, Western Australia.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dewa D, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for your review on the trip advisor. We also glad you enjoyed your time with us. I will share its to all of staff member. We keep the words as you have teach 'All are from the mind'. We also wish to welcoming you back at our peaceful home in Ubud. Thank you.
Inverloch
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was travelling with two girlfriends one of whom was extremely reluctant about travelling to Bali. After day one at Puri Sunia she messaged her family to say she would like to stay here forever. The staff were so welcoming and very interested in the countries we come from. Yoga in the morning was a fabulous experience especially relaxing at the end of the session. All you could hear was the roosters, insects, birds and the wind in the palm trees. I seriously hope there is no further development in this area as this special experience would be lost. The food in the restaurant was beautiful and complimentary afternoon tea was so tasty. I will definately return.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dewa D, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for your review on the trip advisor. We also glad you enjoyed your time with us, especially our Yoga class. I will share its to all of staff member and Yoga Instructor. We also wish to welcoming you back at our peaceful home in Ubud. Thank you.
Washington, DC
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I chose this hotel based on reviews from tripadvisor. I stayed in a suite, room 802, from February 17-24. I highly recommend staying here for at least one week in order to enjoy a leisurely and relaxing stay. I also recommend staying in a suite on the second floor as you have a private balcony, views over the treetops and a high ceiling (seems very spacious). I can't say enough wonderful things about this resort. I chose the Art and Cultural package. I was picked up right on time from the airport through transfers I arranged through the hotel. Check in was great. I was given a drink in the restaurant before going to my room to relax. The room was very large with a view over the pool area. Nice big bathroom. They had one of those electric mosquito plug in things in the room and a net over the bed. I was worried with it being rainy season in February that there would be lots of mosquitoes but I didn't have any problems. It did rain but mostly late afternoon or evening. It was actually nice to hear the rain and thunder. So don't worry about visiting Bali in the rainy season. One day it was actually a bit cool in the seventies due to the rain. So the bed was comfortable with a duvet and soft cotton sheets. You also have a rack to hang your clothes if you want to wash some stuff although the hotel does offer laundry at reasonable prices. Breakfast was great. You pick from a set menu but you can mix and match dishes. I did mediation and yoga at 7am which was a great start to the day. I did the rice paddy and jungle trek which was really interesting. We even went to a relatives home of the guide from the hotel to see how they prepared offerings to bring to the temple. I took a Balinese dancing class which was fun. I arranged a driver through the hotel to drive me around the island based on itineraries I put together. I had a private cooking class from the hotel chef. I had two massages and a facial at the spa. fantastic! The manager and staff were really wonderful. That was was made my stay. I am so glad I chose to stay here rather than the crowded Monkey Road area. I had no issues with taking the shuttle to the town center. You won't be sorry staying here in such a peaceful area surrounded by rice paddies and local people. I felt very much at home and would love to go back one day.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank mango_eater
Dewa D, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you very much for your review and your compliments. We also glad you enjoyed your time with us, the package and the cooking class. I will share its to all of staff member and chef. We also wish to welcoming you back at our peaceful home in Ubud. Thank you.