“Nothing but relaxation!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 193 Hotels in Ubud
Melbourne, Australia
“Nothing but relaxation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Puri Sunia was just amazing! I won't lie, on the way there when we drove through the back streets of Ubud past the rice fields, I wondered where on earth we were staying! But when we arrived it was more than I expected. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the gardens were impeccable, and the resort was always so quiet and serene. The restaurant is reasonably priced and the food was great.
The resort is located out of town, but the hourly shuttle to Ubud center makes it easy to get around.
My favourite thing about Puri Sunia was the morning Yoga. There was no better way to start the day than Yoga in the open air studio surrounded by jungle. I have a very stressful job and this was the exact break I needed!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Vita1001
Dewa D, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, we sincere thank you for your review. We glad to hear that you enjoyed you time and our yoga during your stay at Puri Sunia Resort. Also we were pleasure to serve you as a part of our resort and were able to release your stress out. I will share your comments to all of our staff, and they will be happy to hear it. I sure that we look forward to welcoming you back at the peacefully home in Ubud-Bali. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hospitality at the Puri Sunia and in Indonesia was amazing. They helped us plan various parts of our trip. The hotel is surrounded by rice paddies and is very peaceful. It is 10 mins away from the city center, so if you are looking to be close by the city then maybe this isn't your choice, but we really enjoyed the location. The hotel also provides shuttles every hour that pick up and drop off guests from early in the morning till late at night. The breakfast was delicious and the rooms were large and comfortable. They also offer Yoga every morning if you are interested in doing that.

5 Thank Nimz88
Dear Valued Guest, we sincere thank you for your time to write this review down. We glad to hear that you enjoyed you time at Puri Sunia Resort. Also we were pleasure to serve you as a part of our resort. I will share your comments to all of our staff, and they will be happy to hear it. I sure that we look forward to welcoming you back at the peacefully home in Ubud-Bali. Thank you.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hi, This is only the second place that i have stayed that i can honestly say how wonderful the experience was. We chose the "Peacefully Kingdom" package in a pool villa. We had a cooking class, downhill bike ride, Ubud & volcano tour, rice paddy and jungle trek, 1hr massage and two beautiful meals.The staff are amazing and nothing was to much trouble.

2 Thank liesarose
Dear Valued Guest, We were pleasure to serve you as our part at Puri Sunia Resort. We glad that you enjoy our service and the package that you took. We thank you for your time to write this review and I will share them to all of our staff and sure they will also happy to hear it. And we wish to welcoming you back at the peacefully home in Ubud Bali.
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I can not speak highly enough about this place. I was traveling alone and was a little apprehensive about booking somewhere out of town but this was definitely the right choice.

I had a deluxe room downstairs, the room was very spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable, aircon was good and the huge sunken bath was a real treat. The only downside was the lack of seating - other than the bed or the high back chair by the mirror there was not anywhere to sit during the day - I had a small terrace with chairs but being on the ground floor and on the route to other rooms and the sap it was not very private - not really a big deal. The room was very quiet and I slept brilliantly. They have fast and free wifi throughout the resort (some sites, said it is only in public area).

The grounds are gorgeous - the hotel is in the countryside (10 mins by free hourly shuttle to Ubud). I was told the hotel was full but it did not feel it - very quiet by the pool etc. Pool itself is lovely though there is one quite large step to get in and out and elderly people might find this difficult.

The restaurant was great - very reasonable prices for very tasty food and room service was quick. A good balance between Balinese food and western choices. The breakfast was delicious - only two choices, Continental or American but both were yummy. I preferred the Continental (the pancakes were amazing).

The hotel arranged an airport transfer for me at 5am and packed a little breakfast box for me.

As other reviewers have commented, the staff were outstanding they knew my name and made good suggestions of things to do and were generally very friendly without being intrusive.

I didn't try the spa but other guests said it was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank UKtravellergirl
Dear Valued Guest, We sincere thank you for your review. We were also pleasure to serve you as a part of Puri Sunia Resort. I will share them to all of staff and sure we look forward to welcoming you back at the peacefully home in Ubud-Bali in near future.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

First time to Ubud and we stayed at Puri sunia for 4 nights. I had read many reviews trying to understand where to stay, close to town VS quieter place outside of Ubud. We certainly made the right choice. Puri Sunia is about 10mins by their free shuttle bus to centre of Ubud (leaves every hour). We stayed in Delux suite, which is upstairs and can definitely recommend upstairs suite and the one further away from restaurant and pool area as it is more private.
From the moment we arrived t(2am) the service was exceptional, they provided us with complimentary sandwiches because we had been travelling all night, and the staff each day asked of our program and gave ideas. The restaurant food breakfast and dinner is delightful, and sitting on the restaurant deck at night watching the fireflies in the rice paddie was very special.
This is an ideal place to feel like you are in your own tranquil setting but can also get the most out of the Ubud area.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs and away from the pool area more private.
1 Thank Discoball_KK
Dewa D, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for choosing Puri Sunia Resort to spend your holiday in Bali. We were pleasure to serve you as a part of ours and we glad you enjoyed it. it will be shared to all of staff and sure we all wish to welcoming you back in near future at peacefully home.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I read about this hotel on Trip Advisor and booked my stay based on the other reviews and feedback. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, it’s about 10 mins outside the main centre of Ubud. They have a free shuttle service that goes to town and returns every hour, the drop off and pickup point is the easily located Ubud palace.

We stayed in the suite room which was just perfect, the bed is ginormous with a full mosquito net. The suite rooms have a balcony and are located on the second floor. The resort is small and caters to couples and people wanting a quiet time. The morning yoga was great, which runs every day from 7pm in the specifically built pavilion which is higher than the other rooms so your outlook is over the tropical rain forest…very zen.

They have one restaurant however this more than caters to anyone’s taste. The chef has done a wonderful job, they have a good selection of choices and the food really is delicious. The only reservation I had was around a set menu for breakfast, I am a big eater however I never went away feeling hungry, you definitely won’t be disappointed.

I can't speak highly enough of the staff or the hotel manager, they are all very personable and a delight. You are always greeted by happy smiley faces. On my last day I missed the hotel shuttle into Ubud to change some money for the departure tax, the Hotel manager offered to take me personally....what first class service...I didn't even have to explain I was leaving for the airport and couldn't wait for the next one.

For anyone looking for a peaceful and beautiful setting to spend time with their partner or close friends I couldn't recommended it enough. I usually don't believe in staying at the same place twice, however next time I am in Bali I will definitely be returning.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for staying Puri Sunia Resort. We were pleasure to serve you as a part of ours and we glad you enjoyed it. We will share them to all of staff and sure we all wish to welcoming you back in near future at peacefully home in Ubud-Bali.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Puri Sunia. The staff were very friendly and provided excellent service. They assisted us in developing our own private car tour of special local places to see. The food at the restaurant was awesome and value for money portion wise. The staff at the day spa also helped contribute to our very thorough relaxing. We were looking for a small boutique hotel, in the mountains, away from the hustle and that's exactly what we found. I have travelled my entire life and this hotel is really up there in terms of value for money, service and quality.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Puri Sunia Reso... U, Manager at Puri Sunia Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very pleasure to serve you as a part of Puri Sunia Resort. And thank you for your compliments, which I will share them to all of our staff.
We wish to welcoming you back in near future at a peacefully home in Ubud-Bali