“BEST HOTEL IN UBUD”
Review of Puri Sunia Resort

Puri Sunia Resort
Ranked #40 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was an excellet hotel. the rooms were magnificent and the staff the most accommodating, pleasant and extremely helpful and courteous. The were many activities included in the room rate. The restaurant and food was wonderful. The staff went out of their way to ensure a pleasurable experience. The location was magnificant. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I have chosen this place after reading good review on Trip advisor. This is simply a great place and upon arrival I was even more amazed. At the airport, the driver was polite and he provided us with cold towel and cold water (really helped as the air is a bit dusty due to airport renovation - completing in 2013). Upon arrival at the Villa, I do not need to introduce myself and everything was taken care well. As bonus for me, they have given me free upgrade to the Suite room although I have booked for deluxe - since the deluxe was full.

When I was there, the resort is just 9 month old and all the facilities are well kept. The Villa do not have many rooms, thus the workers seems to know all the guest staying at the Villa at that time. They will always greet you whenever hotel guest pass by them and this makes you feel like home.
There is no shop or restaurant around that area, so you can expect a peaceful place to stay. The location was perfect and the resort was surrounded by trees. As for me this is a perfect place I have chosen for my honey moon.

There are activities that the Villa provide for free such as yoga & traditional coconut leave handcraft lesson everyday. They also provide 15mins free leg massage.

The restaurant in Villa was excellent but its a expensive. However I would recommend worth trying as it is really good. If you are staying long, you can always take the free shuttle to Ubud town which you can find many local varieties with cheaper price. The ride is appx 15 mins.
Breakfast served in the resort was really good, I even skip my lunch on the first day.

This is a fantastic place to stay if you need a peaceful breakaway. I could not find any flaw or bad points for this place.

Room Tip: Any rooms will do, all well kept.
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We spent 2 nights at Puri Sunia (we got upgraded to a suite) and would have extended our stay but they were fully booked out. The hotel is about 10 min away from Ubud; so it is away from the hustle and bustle. They have an hourly shuttle service that is always on time and works well. The morning yoga is such a treat and a perfect start to the day. They offer complimentary tea and cake at 3 which is most yummy. The staff are all really friendly and most helpful especially Nitu who took the time out to help us find another hotel else where as they were booked out. Buddha was also really good and helped my husband with making his coffee as perfect as he would have enjoyed at home.

The spa although expensive was very professional and relaxing. We had a 3 hour couples treatment and the only thing we could fault is that they should include a foot or hand massage while they wait for the mask to dry, other than that pure bliss :)

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Spent 4 nights in their Suite room with husband and child. All of us enjoy the activities planned by the hotel, particularly the morning Yoga and padi field walking tour. Very quiet and surrounded by beautiful padi field, tropical plants and villages. Would rate the hotel " perfect" if not for the distance between Ubud town. Pls note that the hotel is about 15 minutes drive from Ubud town. If you prefer to shop and site see, this might be a little inconvenience as the hotel only provide hourly shuttle services between hotel & Ubud palace. Other than the distance, the hotel is great!
Restaurant served one of the most delicious nasi goreng I'd ever tried in Bali. Good selection of breakfast menu, and afternoon tea.
Service is excellent. Staff are always smiling and helpful. They even packed breakfast box for us when we checked out at 0330 hrs for an early flight. Small thoughts like this makes a big different( v good impression)
Suite is spacious. Room are very clean. Good price. Highly recommended this hotel if you don't mind the distance. A great hotel indeed.

Room Tip: Suite room are on the 1st level. Better view of the surrounding! More privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mum0408
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We spent 4 nights at the Puri Sunia Resort and had an amazing time. The hotel is a 15 minute drive away from central Ubud (the hotel provides a regular shuttle to and from Ubud so this is not a problem at all) in an area which is surrounded by beautiful villages and rice terraces. The hotel appears to employ a lot of people from the local villages which is great; we actually bumped into one of the employees when we went for a walk into a neighbouring village. We were booked into a deluxe room on the first night but were moved into a suite on the second night; the only real difference between the deluxe room and the suite is that the suites are located on the first floor with better views of the pool etc. Our room was beautiful and extremely clean.

The pool area was beautiful as was the restaurant area which overlooked the pool on one side and a rice field on the other. We had lunch at the restaurant one day and had a pasta dish; it was one of the best pasta dishes I have eaten!!! Afternoon tea was great too with a really good selection of teas and a plate of cake!! Breakfast was amazing also!!

The complimentary yoga, running, walking and meditation is a real bonus (something which is not really matched in the other hotels which I stayed in) and is something which you should make full use of.

We stayed in 3 hotels in Ubud (Komeneka and Waki de Ume) and this was definitely our favourite.

Don't let the location put you off as the location is one of the best things about it!!

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Millymini88
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and I both agree that Puri Sunia is one of the best hotels we've ever stayed in, and we've stayed in some very nice hotels in the past. The room was luxurious and spacious, the grounds were lovely and well-kept, and the restaurant was delicious with prompt and attentive service. But the thing that set Puri Sunia apart was the service. The staff seemed to really care that we had a great time. By the end of the trip, the servers in the restaurant were calling us Made (the Balinese name for the second child in the family) and knew us by our American names also.

Ekok took the time to write a list of common words and phrases in English, Indonesian, and Balinese, and on the last day, he made us a special cappuccino with our names in it. Mayun took the time to make us incredible cocktails, as well. By the end of the trip, we thought of them as friends. These gentlemen should both be commended by management, for they made our trip truly remarkable.

We also booked a couples Balinese massage at the spa. The entire experience was serene and rejuvenating, and the price was very reasonable. I highly recommend this!

The only thing that might turn some travelers off from this hotel is the distance from Ubud (about 15 minutes drive), but for us, that was a huge advantage. Ubud was okay, but I think the real action in Bali takes place outside of the city. If you can, I would recommend booking a tour guide to drive you around the countryside to see temples, villages, and terraced rice fields.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HBergeron
Reviewed June 3, 2012

It's a very nice place, but know in advance that it's not really in Ubud.

LOCATION: A solid 15+ minute drive outside of the tourist area of ubud. If you're looking to relax, this is a great location! If you're looking to shop and site see, it may be inconvenient for you.

FOOD: Great. The free breakfast has lots of options and juices are fresh.

ROOM: Modern design with Balinese villa feel (without being an actual villa). Very clean, extremely comfortable room with great AC and cozy bed.

SERVICE: Excellent. I arrived past midnight and they upgraded my room for free because the standard rooms were all booked.

VIEW: My room had a view of the pool. I think the rooms at the back had a garden/forest view, which is probably better. There's no rice paddy view here, but there's lots of green tropical plants around.

TIPS: For the price, it's pretty great. I also really liked Komaneka at the Bisma location which was about the same price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo