“recommended for honeymooners!”

Ranked #38 of 199 Hotels in Ubud
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“recommended for honeymooners!”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

we really enjoy our stay in Puri Sunia Resort, the resort is beautiful and really quiet. the location is somehow not easy to find, but that the point, we choose the privacy and quietness for our honeymoon. we really love our room, even just a deluxe room, but its totally worth of every penny we spend, yet the room are beyond our expectation, we love the bed with those nets ("kelambu"), the bath tub that can fit 2 of us comfortably, the surrounding of the resort are really refreshing and calming. Tips for those who wanna stay in this resort, just enjoy the whole day in the resort, no need to visit other place, cuz the hotel already have many activities to choose from, we joined the morning yoga session, really nice. the service quite slow as i think they short of employees. overall, fantastic!

Room Tip: they only have 3 villas, grab it.... really worth.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed at Puri Sunia for the second half of our Bali Honeymoon.
We were so impressed with this resort.

Firstly upon arrival we were given our refreshing cold towels to wipe our hands and faces and given a cold welcome drink in the restaurant.

We decided to stay for lunch before going to our room. I had the vegetable tortillas and was impressed at how well presented and tasty such a basic menu item was.
We loved our villa, it was very secluded, relaxing and well appointed (even though it was closest to the main pool we didn't really notice any noise from other guests). We were glad to have our plunge pool, it was perfect to relax in and watch the forest with a cocktail or Bintang in hand.

We went into Ubud on the shuttle every day, it was about a 10 minute drive (very slow drive as the roads wind their way through villages and rice paddies).

We ate in Ubud and at the resort restaurant. This was the best food we had in Bali. We ate at a few high end restaurants in Seminyak and Puri Sunia was much much better. They offer traditional Balinese food (which was amazing) and western food. We come from western QLD and we eat a lot of lamb chops at home- the lamb cutlets at Puri Sunia were top quality and expertly cooked.

I did a market tour and cooking class at Puri Sunia. I was so impressed with the class. I was the only student and I had about 3 or 4 staff helping with the lesson or taking my photo. The class went for about 2.5 hours and my husband joined me to eat the meals I had prepared. They were delicious and something that I would be happy to attempt at home.

At breakfast on our last day at Puri Sunia I was given a certificate for the cooking school with my photos on it and a copy of all the recipes I cooked in the class.

We had a traditional Balinese massage and the complimentary welcome foot massage combined into one treatment at the spa. It was the best massage we had in Bali and certanly the best day spe I had seen. The prices were obviously higher than the cheap Day Spas in town but then the cheap ones in town don't have anything close to the facilities at Puri Sunia.

We would have been happy to spend our whole honeymoon here and done day trips to other areas instead of staying in Seminyak for half of our honeymoon. I would definately stay here again and I would recommend my friends stay here too.

Room Tip: There are only 3 private villas so book early and ask for one furtherest away from the main pool for...
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Our first trip to Bali was amazing. Puri Sunia was the resort we stayed in for the first 3 nights early April and it exceeded all of our expectations. Due to our late arrival and some other plans we ended up eating at the resort two nights which I thought meant we would miss out on some of the great food experiences in Ubud but the food served as in room dining at Puri Sunia was just devine. The butler comes and sets the table for you, brings each course seperately and waits an appropriate time before coming and cleanring the one before. I have not tasted fresher and more flavoursome food! Compliments to the chef. We hired a moped to get in to town and back for two days becuase its a 10-15 drive - but for those a little wary of riding a bike the shuttle service was offered hourly. We stayed in a one bedroom villa which was beautiful, however the only thing missing was somewhere to sit and eat inside if you wanted - only dining table was outside.

1 Thank CassandPaul
Christchurch
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Puri Sunia is an amazing resort. I am a travel agent and decided to stay there to check out this new resort.
Everything was beyond my expectations. The staff were so friendly and kind. The services the resort offers are great. It is a 10 minute drive from town but there is a shuttle that goes every hour.
The food was fantastic. You will not regret staying here.
We stayed in a one bedroom pool villa. It made the stay as you have a private pool, gazebo and great bathroom.

Room Tip: Pool Villa is a must. There are only 3 so you need to book early.
3 Thank HOTworldtraveller
Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed April 9, 2012

spa treatments were excellent and reasonably price
i took advantage of the free hourly shuttle to and from Ubud center

Room Tip: i was on second floor with private balcony
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank lynnellenma
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband & I spent 5 nights at Puri Sunia and had we not organised onward accommodation, would gladly have stayed for the remaining 5 of our holiday! This place allowed us to immediately disconnect and relax and we took advantage of all the property has to offer. From the top notch meals in the restaurant, to the very professional spa treatments to organising drivers for day trips or airport transfers, the amazing staff were always there to assist with a smile. I also particpated in the 7 am yoga sessions (thanks Juli!) which were just bliss; peaceful, with the sun coming up and pure, clean air. What a way to start the day. The rice paddy trek is a great way to see the local surrounds and visit Abangan, the small village just up the road from the resort. The staff, as I mentioned, are just amazing. They love to chat and find out about you and where you are from and you really should reciprocate--they are all happy to fill you in on life in this beautiful part of the world (and have a laugh!). I have read that the location was a bit of an issue for a few people but for us, being able to remove ourselves from the noise of downtown Ubud was a definite plus and the complimentary shuttles run so regularly it was never a problem getting in or out. The resort is quite new and embraces the philosophy of hiring and training local people and is owned and operated by a Balinese company; we like this idea very much. Suksma, Puri Sunia, we look foward to visiting you again soon.

Room Tip: Upper suites have decent sized balconies and are a bit more private.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Geelong
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This is quite some drive from Ubud itself but the courtesy transport is very efficient and was flexible to fit in with me if no one else was requiring transport at the same time. This is accommodation built as part of a government scheme to encourage locals to stay in rural areas and to provide employment for them where they live. So it's a great place to support.

The rooms are beautiful and well decorated. Plenty of amenities to keep even the fussiest traveller happy. It was very quiet when I was there and I saw hardly a soul. That meant I could indulge of the pool myself and enjoyed one to one yoga classes to myself. Unfortunately the yoga instructor was very fresh and still doing the yoga teacher course so it was not of the standrad I was expecting. However, the spa was good value.
The restaurnat is superb. The breakfasts were delicious, varied, and totally amazing.

Even though it was isolated the surrounding countryside is traditional Bali in its glory and its so peaceful. The little Happy Warung which is a short walk down the road has great food at a very cheap rate.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have lovely private balconies to while away the hours.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo