“Very noisy at night”

Bliss Spa and Bungalow
Ranked #93 of 584 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I'm currently writing this in my hotel room at 5.00am. This is a bad location. My room is right beside the main road. Every vehicle that passes by, I can here every single detailed of the vehicle passing by. This hotel has a watch dog, it has been barking since 1am till now. It is so noisy, it never stops barking. There is somepoint weird sounds are coming on top of the roof. It felt like a large heavy item was knocking on the roof. After we in the lights, the sound stops. At 4am, the chickens started to make noise. Me and my boyfriend did not sleep the whole night at all because it was too noisy. Omg, and at this point of time, neighbors dog is also barking together. I paid $72 for a night and it is not worth it at all. We will not any of my friends to stay here as the noise has become sound pollution than nature's voice. please be advice on the absurd noise, please don't take the price for granted. I am never coming here again

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Beatricegrace
There are newer reviews for Bliss Spa and Bungalow

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Had a few treatments at bliss. First one was so good. Second okay. But next one with a different person wasn't the greatest. She started from the beginning telling me she could come and give massage at my hotel after work and pressing me to reccomend her to my friends. I ended up letting her put her number in my phone so she would stop trying to get more jobs from me and do the massage. She was a nice girl but it was hard to then fully relax and enjoy the treatment and of course I didn't go back.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susie1611
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at this property. Loved the gorgeous view of the rice paddies and scenes of country life. Sunrises and sunsets are the BEST from the balcony. Hotel serves breakfast on your balcony every morning. Room is beautiful, comfy, and super clean. One of the best beds we slept on in Indonesia. Great value. Only drawback is that the walls are paper thin - we could hear every conversation our neighbor was having.

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe room upstairs with balcony overlooking rice fields - it's worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Nice place, especially the rooms with view on the rice terrasses. But a bit far from Ubud center (you need transportation to get there, renting a motorbike is probably the best way to discover Ubud and around). Spa is quite expensive, jaccuzzi and pool not included with the room either.
Staff a bit absent minded - but we were there during low season.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2012

During our short stay in Ubud, we had decided to visit a spa & decided on Bliss Spa. After walking for an hour plus in torrential rain, we found Bliss Spa & walked in off the 'street' where we were warmly welcomed & subsequently treated to 5 wonderful hours of indulgence including massage, facials, hair & skin treatments, manicure & pedicure - all for a very reasonable price (1M Rp). The setting is out of town and overlooking rice paddies and the spa facilities are lovely, not top of the range but given the price they are very good value - (eg - we had already eaten so declined the meal that was also a part of the package!)
The manager arranged for their driver to take us back to our hotel after the 5 hours came to an end - free of charge - so a lovely touch to a lovely afternoon. If you are in Ubud during a busy time I would recommend you book, they have several treatment rooms, but it was such a lovely experience, you would be disappointed to miss out.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 28, 2012

in the midst of paddy field! nice clean room. 3 mins drive to ubud centre. shuttle bus provided for free on request but return to hotel on your own.. no swimming pool but 2 very nice jacuzzi pool (hot and cold) provided to room guests..is true they are occasional dogs bark at night but it was bearable to us.
more of a spa set up than hotel,only 6 rooms available.u will like it if u like small boutique hotel.
but overall it deserves a 9.5 on quality/price ratio.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2012

So many things were so right about this property. The staff is so friendly and helpful, the layout is gorgeous, the room was clean and comfortable, the spa services are great, and breakfast in your room is a treat. The one big downfall was the noise! Dogs barked all night on two of the three nights we spent at Bliss. It made sleeping an impossibility - even with earplugs.

I'm so sad to have to give this great place a sub-par review.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple