“surprisingly awesome!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #146 of 193 Hotels in Ubud
Jakarta, Indonesia
“surprisingly awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

It was only 1 night, but it was so good! The atmosphere, the friendly staff, and the gazebo where you could chill while looking at the pretty nice pool. i usually not only looking for affordable place to stay, but also i concern about the cleanliness, the comfort and the overall bathroom looks. and yeah, this hotel meets my standards, even beyond my expectation consider how affordable i paid for the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jessica P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are looking for budget hotel with spacious room, Y Resort Ubud is perfect for you. Great service from the staff. Besides the complimentary 10 minutes massage was awesome too. The resort located slightly further away from the Ubud town, but the resort does provide a shuttle bus for the traveller convenience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dowerin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

The room was spacious and well appointed. However, we got absolutely soaked while being shown to the room. The rain was very heavy and there appears to be so little drainage that we had to walk through water a good 10 cm deep, saturating our shoes.
Due to the rain, we were forced to eat in. We chose beers off a menu that said 45,000 Rp but paid 66,000Rp after a hefty 21% tax and an increased price because it was after happy hour. The same story with the meal. We ended up paying much more than we thought we were spending for very average food.
The next day, the pool proved too dirty to swim in, with mould growing, an awful scum on top and no filter working.
Breakfast was good and the staff generally very pleasant and attentive. The location is very out of the way and the village street outside is rather difficult and dangerous for pedestrians due to the hilly terrain, narrow road and lack of any footpath. Definitely not recommended to go out at night. The hotel does provide a shuttle bus every 4 hours.

Room Tip: all rooms seemed much the same.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Hinchies
komangsudirga, Manager at Y Resort Ubud, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Y Resort Ubud.

We are pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay and that you were generally satisfied with the services rendered.

We also thank you for your comments that you noted our drain system not working properly. We will most definitely look into your comments to ensure the best overall guest experience and to further improve our service and facilities.

Looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Y Resort Ubud in the near future.
Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

the location is ok..a bit far from central ubud but very close to warung murni and antonio blanco museum. we get through check in easily. the rooms are ok,not to big but clean and comfortable. the bathroom is quite narrow but still adequate. too bad it didn't has hand shower so its quite difficult to bathe my toddler.
once i got a stained towel and asked for replacement, they gave it quickly.
the downsides are they clean and tidy up the room very early while we have breakfast, so it is getting messy again while we prepare for the day journey
and they only tidy up the bedroom and do nothing to the bathroom
the breakfast is also a downside since it has a very limited choice.
but overall i say it is a nice place to stay..

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
komangsudirga, Manager at Y Resort Ubud, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Y Resort Ubud, Managed By The Bulakan Bali.

We are look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Y Resort Ubud in the near future.
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights from 28 December to 30 December 2012, yes it's high season but the resort gives us reasonably good price. The place is not too far from major spots in Ubud such as restaurant like Nuri's steak, the bridge, and more, and the good thing it's not in hustle bustle road. It's a bit up of the road but car can enter the road, not a small alley even at night time it's pretty dark.
The Resort atmosphere is very quite with nice Balinese gardening style. The pool not too big, but it's good enough and I swim everyday, it's awesome.
The room is big and clean, the bathroom too. The service is great, the laundry price is reasonable especially for a long stay. Only the breakfast that need improvement, maybe need more variants.. but the food taste is okay..

All and all.. I will stay again in this resort and recommend you to stay here..

Room Tip: I like the room nearby pool
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank days4Fun
komangsudirga, Manager at Y Resort Ubud, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We also thank you for your comments regarding our food quality. We will most definitely look into your comments to ensure the best overall guest experience and to further improve our service and facilities.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Bali in the near future.
Geelong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Whilst this hotel was certainly good value for the price I had difficulty in rating it.
The rooms were stylishly decorated, clean, smallish but had all the amenities you would need plus some extras that don't usually come with accommodation in this price bracket (bath robes and home made biscuits). The grounds and gardens are beautiful and add to the ambience of being surrounded by green and nature. It is relatively close to Ubud centre given how many hotels and resorts are much further from the centre and a shuttle bus operates routinely. The price for the extra shuttle service if needed at other times is minimal.
Usually we found all the staff more than helpful, courteous, and friendly. But there was one incident which left a very bad taste for me. My husband stayed behind whilst a friend and myself went to view some attractions. We had ararnged that we would come back and pick him up afterwards to have a late lunch together in Ubud. Due to the rain and crowds we were running late and then we struck a major trafiic jam in Ubud centre. I phoned the hotel to speak to my husband and they told me he had gone out. I asked them to check the room which they said they did (we had changed rooms that day) and I also aksed them if they could please check the bale where he had been sitting. The lady on reception told me he wasn't there. The next time I called I asked if he was there and she said that he wasn't. I asked her if they could actually check in the new room and they implied/said they did and he was not and that he had gone out. I can understand difficulties with languages and culture but I also had my friend call 4 more times to check if he was there and if he had been left the message to come in on the shuttle and meet us in Ubud. My friend is a native Indonesian so she was speaking the same language as the receptionist. Not knowing what else to do we ordered lunch for ourselves. We were just finishing when the resort receptionist called to say he was there and she passed the phone onto him. My husband was getting quite distressed by this time (approx 5 pm) as he didn't know if we were alright and he had been waiting for us all day without any lunch himself. No one had checked the room and the telphone in the room was broken. It was a huge mess up that ended in an unpleasant situation for the 3 of us. It could have been easily resolved by walking a few paces and checking the room (it's a small resort). I was extremely upset by this as I know he would have felt quite anquished and we weren't able to relax and enjoy our lunch at all.
What helped me to rate it higher was that the Resort Manger is excellent and always checked with us that things were okay.
The other problem was that when we arrived they checked us into the wrong room with twin beds instead of a queen size bed which we had booked via our Indonesian friend who visited with them beforehand. They changed us to a different room the next day but the first night the room was near the restaurant and I got very little sleep because of some noise outside the room.

Room Tip: Don't take a room close to the restaurant as there is some noise outside the room (like water be...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
komangsudirga, Manager at Y Resort Ubud, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the services rendered. We are grateful for your affirmation of the hotel’s service and facilities.

We have taken note of your comment regarding miscommunication of our staff as well as the phone problem in the room.

We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of being of service to you during your recent visit to Bali and look forward to welcoming you back to Y Resort Ubud in the near future.
Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I arrived at the hotel slightly past midnight due to issues with the car transfer. The hotel staff were ready by the entrance to pick up all our luggage and ushered us to the rooms very quickly.

The hotel is situated on a road and we tried to walk out during our first day but I did not find it safe or easy to walk on the narrow and steep road with young children. I gave up and relied on either the scheduled shuttle service or taxi.

The hotel rooms and pool are really small but there is a cosy feeling to it. All rooms face the pool so my young kids were able to swim within our sight.

Pool was not cleaned during our 4 days stay there so the waters were rather murky and green. The bathroom's ventilation is rather poor so there is always a damp, mouldy smell to it. There is a fair bit of mosquitoes as well, so do be careful.

Due to the few number of guests, the breakfast menu was limited a la carte. The orders made did not come out right though. These happened in all the Y resorts and villas we stayed in during this Bali trip.

However, the staff were friendly and ready to accommodate. When we came back one particular night, the walls outside one of my rooms were plastered with lizards and a gigantic gecko (big enough to cover a man's face). My daughter was terrified and refused to enter the room. 2 staff who were stationed outside the rooms helped to open the door and held my girl's hand to bring her in before closing the door.

It was a quiet place to relax and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed December 2012