“The worst dining experience of our honeymoon”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Y Resort Ubud

Y Resort Ubud
Ranked #144 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The worst dining experience of our honeymoon”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Most items on the menu not available
Waitress didn't understand the drinks menu
Simple store bought pizza was served
Grossly, grossly overpriced

Nice surroundings
Very quiet
Lovely cats

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank ChrisRedfearn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

The driver who dropped us off at 8 in ubud didn't show up to pick us up at 1015 as requested. We waited from 10 to 1030 for the shuttle in the dark with mozzies and aggressive taxi touts! :( We chose to walk instead which is highly not recommended for the elderly as the hotel is located a little far out.
First day there was buffet breakfast which resulted in upset stomachs.
2nd day it was ala carte due to lack of guests. Breakfast was served by non english speaking trainees without supervisors. My hot chocolate didn't come and so did my croissants. Out of 6 items I only had ommelette and toast! :(( toilets was dirty and had black mould on the walls. One can get much better deals for the same price!

• Stayed May 2012

Travelers are raving about these Ubud hotels

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

The location isn't great and its not the kind of place that you want to hang around too long. Sure there is a pool and some lounge chairs, but it feels a bit try-hard. The room was quite small and the decor looked cheap. It did like the pebble floors in the shower. The breakfast was quite limited and a bit dis-organised, there were many staff and quite a few just milled around. They need some training with customer relations. They were Bali nice but not helpful. The hotel is fairly cheap compared to a lot of options in Ubud, but I would probably say to either in town at a local guest house, or even further out of town where you get a more relaxing experience. They do offer a a shuttle to the main town.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed at Y Resort for 3 nights & there were good & bad aspects of the hotel.

Good:
- location was great, just out of the town centre.
- the shuttle bus every 2 hours was an easy way to get into town
- the room was quite small but clean
- free wifi is always good
- friendly staff (however not great english)
- I travelled alone & felt very safe there
- staff helped me organise to do a silversmith jewellery class

Bad:
- maintenance work going on right near my room, loud banging, drills etc
- bad mosquito/bug problem. I've never been bitten so much in my life! Really ruins meals when you're getting eaten alive
- I got a massage at the spa & it was quite horrific - once again getting eaten alive by mosquitos & other bugs. Nothing relaxing about it
- the shuttle bus didn't get me at the time it was supposed to on one occasion
- the resort was not busy at all, so there wasn't much atmosphere. I was often the only person in the restaurant for breakfast/lunch/dinner

All in all a pleasurable stay but I found myself hiding away in my room while at the resort so I was safe from mozzies & bugs. A weekly bug gassing is needed like they do in other parts of bali.

• Stayed January 2012
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stayed nearby and stopped in tonight to have dinner. It's my wife's birthday, so we wanted to turn up the style a notch. For the record, we did not sleep here.

The place was noisy, we were the only diners, and the food was terrible.

We had an awful experience. We sat down as the only diners in the restaurant, and ordered cocktails and food. About one minute after we ordered, a carpenter started up a sander in the back. (Perhaps he was resuming work?) The noise went on for ten minutes, and we then asked the staff if he could stop or switch to a quieter activity. Much discussion among the staff ensued, and five minutes later he stopped sanding. Two minutes of silence passed. He then started running an electrical drill.

The food arrived. It was not very appealing looking, and we weren't going to stay. We asked to have the food wrapped and took it home. The staff apologized for the noise on our way out, but offered no compensation. Oh well. At home, we opened the food. My "tofu steak" was just terrible, and her mie goreng was only slightly better.

I understand that my frustration over what is probably a necessary activity may be unwarranted. So be it. I would not want to eat there again, and find their approach to customer service quite lacking.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank happenstance3
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

I stayed at Y resort 2nd week of July, 2011. I think the hotel actually opened in July...so it was VERY new.

The room wasn't so big but I just loved the atmosphere of this hotel. The pool was amazing and everything was kept clean.

Staffs were friendly also...they weren't the fastest customer serving people but were very nice and helpful.

Even though I was there only after one week of their opening, the hotel was almost full but during the day or at night, I didn't really run into any other guests. The place was very quiet so we could relax. Because it is not in central Ubud..we took a cab once a day to go to the main road. The front desk guy drove us there at a little cost and told us he would pick us up if we called but we got free shuttle from the spas on our way back.

Also, there is a good spa 10 seconds away from the hotel.. just walk straight across from the hotel gate and one could experience cheap/nice massage!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Mooloolaba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

I had a delightful experience at Y Resort Ubud on my first visit to Bali, August 2011. I have the most wonderful friend who lives there show me the loveliest of places... we chose to wine and dine at Y Resort and I was very happy with the service with a smile and warm welcome as well as a relaxed and calm setting. I would go back there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends