“Private and Peaceful Stay”
Review of Ubud Green

Ubud Green
Ranked #30 of 541 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Sydney, Australia
“Private and Peaceful Stay”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We recently spent 4 nights at Ubud Green. All the staff in particular the manager were so helpful. When we arrived my mother was ill the manger organised a doctor to visit and even travelled with my husband to Garuda airlines to assist in changing flights in case there were any language barriers. The location of Ubud Green which is a few km's from downtown Ubud was great as it offered a really peaceful stay overlooking rice paddies and there are regular shuttles down town. The complitmentary massage was the best I had in my entire 2 weeks in Bali.

Room Tip: we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with our own pool which was just a lovely, private retreat.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMUBUDGREEN, General Manager at Ubud Green, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for spending your time to put your comment in this page. It’s so sad to welcoming you and the family in the condition of a one of the family in sick condition. However, we are glad during your stay with us, the family can recover and enjoy the rest of the holiday in Ubud Green Resort Villas.

We wish you have a memorable time during your holiday and we look forward to host you again in your next visit to Bali.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The place is nicely tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Ubud town, but the hotel readily available shuttle services made up for the remote distance. The staff were polite and nice, and very helpful in all matters. The villa was well maintained, and we enjoyed our stay there. Thank you Ubud Green staff for the wonderful experience.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to put your review and recommendation. We wish you have a memorable time with us and we look forward to welcoming you again at Ubud Green Resort Villas.
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We enjoyed wonderful days in Ubud Green. The service was excellent and the staff was extremely friendly. We stayed in a villa with own pool and marvellous view over the rice fields. It was very good to organize one day trips to discover Bali, as Ubud is located quite in the middle of the island. All in all Ubud Green is definitely recommended from our side.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and have a memorable time at the villa.
We look forward to welcoming you again at Ubud Green Resort Villas.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Well what a beautiful spot to stay in Ubud. We had booked some accommodation in Ubud but for reasons still unknown to me today, it was not available so we were holed up in a Villa way out of town. We asked our lovely driver about options after spending a couple of hours checking out alternative accommodation options via the phone and internet with no luck as it was the week before Christmas 2013. Our driver couldn't remember the name of Ubud Green but I will never forget it. Just wonderful staff, so friendly and welcoming and so very eager to please. Everything from the complimentary afternoon tea and the welcome massage to the shuttle service were provided with the utmost care and attention. Gorgeous rooms with all the comforts of home and serviced beautifully. It's about a 20 min walk to Ubud Palace but the shuttle service is free or if you require it additional to the every 2 hour service schedule then it was about $4. The mobile phone that we were provided with meant that you could call for the shuttle or any other assistance that you may require. When we return to Ubud, we will definitely be keen to return and they are building another hotel in Ubud town centre which will be complete mid-2014 which will have a different feel but if the service is half as good, it could be worth checking out.

We stayed in Aksana 2 which was consisted of a room with a king bed and all the comforts of home and then you went outside and upstairs and there was a twin room where the kids slept in twin beds. With kids 13 and 11, it was ideal (for them and for us). The only drawback was that the Aksana's don't have pools but we stayed only two nights and with so much to do and see in and around Ubud, this was not an issue. If we had more time, I would have opted for one of the rooms that had a private pool.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMUBUDGREEN, General Manager at Ubud Green, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your vote of confidence in our services and your helpful encouragement. It’s a pleasure to know you enjoy your stay with us. We look forward to host you again in the future.
Magdeburg, Germany
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Villa is so special just like in fotos. We booked the 2-bedrooms villa with private pool. The pool is amazing. Some may think it's too small, but we don't need an olympic swimming pool anyway. The welcome massage was totally amazing. The staffs are all nice. The welcome drinks are interesting. The only think that was out of plan was the view. We wanted to have a green rice fields as the background view but because it was after the harvest time, we saw only empty fields with a little green colour. But it was not our biggest concern. The Market ist a little bit far away and to go there you can use a free shuttle bus every 2 hours. They even gave you a mobile phone so that so can always contact them when anything happens. Unfortunately we had to go back earlier because something's happened at home. We would like to comeback again sometime.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this kind and encouragement review. I am glad to know that you enjoy your stay with us even though you didn't get a chance to have a beautiful view of the rice field due to harvest time just finish. I wish you will get another chance to enjoy the villa completed with the view you dream about.

We wish you have a nice travel back and look forward to host you again in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I made a reservation for 2 nights well before the date of stay.
I canceled the booking through AsiaRooms but for some reason this did not process properly.
A staff member from the Asia Rooms contacted the staff at Ubud Green to explain what had happened and Ubud Green refused to refund me over $400.
I felt that the staff at Ubud Green were not able to compromise at all, as I even suggested that they return half of the cost. Poor customer service, no attempt to fix the situation. I understand that there are policies for cancelations and so forth but there was no attempt whatsoever to try and understand the situation I was in and amend this. I'm disappointed in their lack of understanding and only having concern for making money, not pleasing their customers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 651Natalie
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. First of all, please allow me to apology for your unsatisfactory with the problem arise. Related with your reservation, I do believe when you made your reservation, it’s clearly mentioned in our cancellation policy for “no show” policy.

Bellow is our cancellation policy in AsiaRooms.com:

"A credit/debit card is required to secure your reservation. There will be no cancellation charge if a booking is cancelled before 17:00 hotel local time 7 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is cancelled later, or in the case of a no-show, the entire stay will be charged."

In your case, until the day of arrival we didn’t receive any cancellation from your side or through Asiarooms.com. We have checked to Asiarooms also regarding your claim for cancellation and from their side there is no record for your cancellation in their system. We did reject other booking from other guest due to holding the villa for you and this made us losing our chance to sell the villa to other guest for that period. I hope you also understand the situation from our side.
Perth
Reviewed December 12, 2013

If like me you've been to Bali numerous times in the past but like to keep coming back for a quick break and complete R&R then Ubud is the place to go and Ubud Green is the place to stay.

Ubud Green is a beautiful boutique resort with just 16 villas. I stayed in a Bumi Villa in January 2013 and thought it was the ants pants but the Bayu Villa I stayed in recently (October 2013) was even better because the infinity pool overlooked the ricefields. The Bumi and Bayu Villas are identical in their configuration but the Bumi Villas don't have the same spectacular views from the pool deck as the Bayu Villas.

They were harvesting the rice fields during the latter part of my stay which was quite entertaining in itself, but so too were the ducks, birds, fireflies, butterflies, geckos and even spiders that played a small part in the whole experience of my stay at this beautiful resort. Oh, and how can I forget one of the most beautiful spas I think I've ever seen, the resorts own Nehan Spa. Although, having said that, unless they do something about the blindingly bright bath room in there, I'll happily give it a miss altogether and enjoy the Jacuzzi in my villa instead. Honestly guys, don't forget your sunglasses if you plan to include a bath in your spa treatment... if you have it in daylight hours that is... you'll definitely need them!

Ok, so admittedly I did had a few hiccups at the start of my stay, and that was most probably because my expectations were quite high after my stay last January but the staff were just amazing in the way they conducted themselves and eagerly validated and rectified all of my concerns, however trivial they may have thought they were... all with a smile! This is always very much appreciated as it makes a big difference in the enjoyment and experience of my (or anyone's) stay.

I would like to say a big thank you to every single staff member at Ubud Green for making my return visit to Ubud a wonderfully restful experience. Thank you also for spoiling me on my birthday :-)

Since I found Ubud Green, I haven't hesitated to recommend them to my friends or anyone planning a trip to Ubud, and shall continue to do so.

Thanks everyone at Ubud Green, I hope to see you again next year.

I wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

Room Tip: In terms of "ringside seats" the Bayu Villas are closest to the spectacular views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ShellBackPerth
GMUBUDGREEN, General Manager at Ubud Green, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this wonderful and encouraging review. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your holiday with us again.

Bayu Villas have panoramic views over the rice fields and you are very lucky to have the opportunity to see farmers harvesting their fields. One thing that can not be seen at any time in Bali. At night, fireflies fluttering in the rice field will provide a beautiful sight during night time and a lot of birds that perch foraging in rice fields.

We hope you enjoyed our trip back and we look forward to welcoming you back again at Ubud Green Resort Villas.