“Great place for complete R&R”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ubud Green

Ubud Green
Ranked #32 of 526 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Perth
“Great place for complete R&R”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

If like me you've been to Bali numerous times in the past but like to keep coming back for a quick break and complete R&R then Ubud is the place to go and Ubud Green is the place to stay.

Ubud Green is a beautiful boutique resort with just 16 villas. I stayed in a Bumi Villa in January 2013 and thought it was the ants pants but the Bayu Villa I stayed in recently (October 2013) was even better because the infinity pool overlooked the ricefields. The Bumi and Bayu Villas are identical in their configuration but the Bumi Villas don't have the same spectacular views from the pool deck as the Bayu Villas.

They were harvesting the rice fields during the latter part of my stay which was quite entertaining in itself, but so too were the ducks, birds, fireflies, butterflies, geckos and even spiders that played a small part in the whole experience of my stay at this beautiful resort. Oh, and how can I forget one of the most beautiful spas I think I've ever seen, the resorts own Nehan Spa. Although, having said that, unless they do something about the blindingly bright bath room in there, I'll happily give it a miss altogether and enjoy the Jacuzzi in my villa instead. Honestly guys, don't forget your sunglasses if you plan to include a bath in your spa treatment... if you have it in daylight hours that is... you'll definitely need them!

Ok, so admittedly I did had a few hiccups at the start of my stay, and that was most probably because my expectations were quite high after my stay last January but the staff were just amazing in the way they conducted themselves and eagerly validated and rectified all of my concerns, however trivial they may have thought they were... all with a smile! This is always very much appreciated as it makes a big difference in the enjoyment and experience of my (or anyone's) stay.

I would like to say a big thank you to every single staff member at Ubud Green for making my return visit to Ubud a wonderfully restful experience. Thank you also for spoiling me on my birthday :-)

Since I found Ubud Green, I haven't hesitated to recommend them to my friends or anyone planning a trip to Ubud, and shall continue to do so.

Thanks everyone at Ubud Green, I hope to see you again next year.

I wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

Room Tip: In terms of "ringside seats" the Bayu Villas are closest to the spectacular views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ShellBackPerth
GMUBUDGREEN, General Manager at Ubud Green, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this wonderful and encouraging review. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your holiday with us again.

Bayu Villas have panoramic views over the rice fields and you are very lucky to have the opportunity to see farmers harvesting their fields. One thing that can not be seen at any time in Bali. At night, fireflies fluttering in the rice field will provide a beautiful sight during night time and a lot of birds that perch foraging in rice fields.

We hope you enjoyed our trip back and we look forward to welcoming you back again at Ubud Green Resort Villas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed for 8 days in the Ubud Green with family of 3 (one 3 year old girl) and had a lovely and special time in Ubud Green. The shuttle service to the town is great! You can go anywhere and whenever needed we called with the special mobile phone the hotel provided us, and we were picked up with a very good driver and nice, cool car! The drove us to a rice field/village walk, a coffee plantation, and drop off in Lovina city.

The private pool and the views of the green rice fields are fantastic. You can follow the riceplanting process while relaxing in the pool or at a loungechair. At sunset we enjoyed the concert of the nightanimals around the villa. As there are plants and flowers everywhere, you hardly realize there are more villa's. It feels like a boutique and very private resort. We even felt a bit at home.

The roomservice was very good and we enjoyed the food at home or in the quiet restaurant on top of the rice fields. Lots of space made us stay at the villa for some days. The villa style is a special mix of modern, ecofriendly and indonesian, which we liked.

We experienced the staff as very friendly and helpfull. Our little one was treated like a princess! Great massages. And special thanks to the general manager for all his great efforts!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GMUBUDGREEN, General Manager at Ubud Green, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your vote of confidence in our services and your helpful encouragement. It’s nice to host you and ensure all your need were fulfilled. We are happy to know that you and the family enjoyed your stay with us.

We wish you have a nice experience for the whole trip planned and we look forward to host you and especially the little princess at Ubud Green Resort Villas.
Cottesloe, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Ubud Green is a value for money destination walking distance from the central commercial district of shops cafes and entertainment.
We rented the two bed room villa found it spotlessly clean -in perfect working order well designed and maintained by the Indo /Japanese owners.
We had a lounge with kitchen annex with all mod cons - dining and pool seating outside private overlooking the rice paddies two bedrooms large bathrooms we experienced quality and friendly service from the staff the massages were great - we would recommend this small boutique villa complex on the doorstep of down town ubud

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your vote of confidence in our services and your helpful encouragement. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Bali.
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

My family of 3 stayed in the 2 brm pool villa for 2 nights.
For the price I was very disappointed.
Our villa was very poorly cleaned. We arrived to find splatter marks down the walls and toothpaste stains over the mirrors.
The toilet seats where broken and so was the wooden vertical blinds.
Got room service which arrived cold and everything in the mini bar was hot and after a 3 hour trip was looking forward to a cold drink.
The shuttle bus was handy every 2 hours as the resort is a bit far to walk into Ubud central and I must say the massage was amazing but that was free...
After staying at many other places in Bali this would have to go down as being one of the worst.
We did mention these things to the reception desk but they did not seem interest.
Thankfully it was only for 2 nights out of our 10 day holiday.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a villa with a pool as there is no resort pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ubudgreen, General Manager at Ubud Green, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your time to put your comment and also point of improvement. I apologize for your inconvenience stay with us. All points of improvement mentioned will be noted for our improvement. We use wooden vertical blinds for the window, and I understand this little bit difficult to open. This moment we are on planning to change it with different type of curtain. I do apologize for your room service and your comment about the mini bar. We check every day for the temperature of our mini bar to ensure all items there are cold enough and fresh. I do understand after 3 hours trip it will need extra cold beverage and we also provide extra ice cube in the mini bar. I will ensure all points mentioned will not happen again and we look forward to welcoming you at Ubud Green Resort in the future.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We spent 4 nights here while visiting the Ubud area. The hotel is a comfortable 15 minute walk from town or they do have a free shuttle that runs a number of times each day. I would recommend staying a bit out of town as Ubud is a very busy place. We had one of the pool suites over looking the rice fields which was very private and had a good view. The suite was quite large with a separate living room area next to the pool deck. It was clean and modern with a small kitchen area as well. The staff at the resort were all extremely friendly and went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Food at the resort restaurant was average at best. We ate there a number of times and can't say that we ever had anything that memorable. The morning breakfast was pretty good with plenty of choices. We did find that 4 nights here was too long for Ubud, Two nights would have been enough to see the all the sights.

Room Tip: The pool suites have great views and lovely infinity pools
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ErnieScar
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your time to put your comment and also point of improvement. I am glad that in general y you happy to stay with us. Agree with you that only take 15minutes walk to Ubud Center through Ubud Villa compound and rice field area, but it will take less than 5 minutes by our shuttle to the central. We have developed healthy food menu as an icon and your comment to improve this side will be noted for our improvement. Ubud itself is very small compare to other city like Kuta or Seminyak. I agree with you it will take only 2 nights to explore see all the sights of Ubud City. However, it would nice to spend more nights in Ubud if you want to escape from the hustle of traffic in south area.

I wish you enjoy your trip and we do look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

From the moment we arrived at Ubud Green Villas, we were treated like royalty, The staff were so friendly and accommodating. Nothing was too hard, nor too much trouble. The villa we stayed in was amazing, it was clean, really clean, comfortable, had gorgeous views, was completely private and cool, thank goodness, an escape from the amazing Bali heat. The food was delicious, and the restaurant staff were professional in their approach yet with a warmth and friendliness that we have come to recognize as a lovely part of the Balinese people as a whole. The shuttle service down to Ubud and back was well and truly put to the test by our comings and goings and no matter how often we requested transportation, there was a willingness to assist, the drivers, who were often found at the front desk at other times of the day, were all so gentle, friendly and accommodating, making sure we arrived at our destination or were picked up promptly, safely and with a wish for a lovely day as we climbed out of the car. The front desk staff were so easy to deal with, quietly organizing our transport, our butler service, being sensitive to our needs when illness briefly had the children in bed for a day, that sensitivity extending to ensuring we had a place to freshen up and transportation to the airport before our flight back to Melbourne, even though we had checked out of their hotel many hours earlier. They went above and beyond anything I have ever encountered anywhere else in the world. If you are planning to visit Ubud, we can't recommend Ubud Green Villas highly enough, your holiday, your safety and your peace of mind are all in good hands at Ubud Green.

Room Tip: We stayed in Apah 2 which faces the rice plantation, the trees, the birds and the morning sun.
1 Thank D H
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kindness to put your wonderful review of your experience with us. I am really happy to know that you enjoy your stay with the family here. Apah Villa is the highest categories of our villa collection consist of 2 bedroom, private swimming pool, and large living room with kitchenette. This villa is located next to the rice field and you can walk to the rice field. Evening time would be perfect time for in villa dining and if you lucky than you will see the firefly flying around the rice field.

Once again, thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to host you again in the future.
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stay here for the honeymoon. Our room has rice-field view with two bedroom. It also has an outdoor jacuzzi. The shuttle-bus to the Ubud downtown is available for free every 2 hours.
The resort area is quite large, suitable for us who don't like big hotel with hundreds room. The atmosphere is good, especially for romantic occasion. No mosquitos or any other insect in the room during our stay.
They give us free spa and free romantic dinner. The spa was good, they concern with our request. The dinner was located in the rooftop area of the restaurant. Not a luxury dinner, but i love it as we are the only guests to be served. The food was yummy, especially the salmon avocado. But I don't like the beef steak. The others were OK. Oh, we also love the breakfast, the pizza and the chili crab that served by the resto.
Very friendly staff, serve us politely, caring and concern with the guest convenience.
Sure we will come back, and recommend this resort to our family & friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for spending your time to write your encouraging review. I am glad to know that you enjoy your stay and also the food. The view from Pool villas are overlooking to the green roof top and private rice field view of the hotel. This villas is match for those who looking for different atmosphere in small resort rather than big hotel. We provide free shuttle service to Ubud Central with schedule and free use hotel bicycle for in house guest.

We wish you have nice travel back and look forward to welcoming you again.