“Ubud Green ticked all the boxes for me.”
Review of Ubud Green

Ubud Green
Ranked #34 of 542 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Perth
“Ubud Green ticked all the boxes for me.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Everything about Ubud Green is stunning. The ambience of the villas, gardens, swimming pool, jacuzzi and spa are very relaxing and breathtakingly gorgeous. I promise you won't be disappointed if you stay here. It definitely has a WOW factor, especially Nehan Spa. It's gorgeous in there! Thank you Dani for taking such good care of me ;-)

I stayed in Bumi 4 for 3 nights and enjoyed every minute. It ticked all the boxes for me, in what I was looking for, and much more. A room with a jacuzzi was mainly what I searched for in planning my stay in Ubud and was originally booked into Surya 1 as I am only a solo traveller and figured I didn't need anything more. Unfortunately 'though, (or luckily for me) the jacuzzi in that room was out of order at the time so they very graciously upgraded me to Bumi 4. I was very happy then and I remember wondering why I hadn't booked a pool villa to begin with because not only does it have a jacuzzi but also a beautiful swimming pool out back. The Bumi Pool Villas however don't have a view of the rice fields but that didn't matter as I considered myself lucky enough already.

Thank you Ami, the lovely front office Manager ;-) for being so gracious and efficient, allowing me to thoroughly enjoy the rest of my stay when it could easily have gone the other way. Next time I will definitely book a Bayu Pool Villa so I can have it all (view, pool and jacuzzi) and for not that much more (cost) really...considering.

You know, if I were to have a little whinge at all, then it would to be that the absence of an intercom at the front door gets a little boring after a while because you can't hear the door bell from out the back. And if you do hear it then you'd have to walk all the way to the front to answer the door which can be a hassle if you happen to be in the pool or jacuzzi at the time. Of course this is only a little problem if like me you are a solo traveller who enjoys the novelty of room service. Speaking of which, unlike most other resorts, Ubud Green allows in-villa breakfasts, at no extra cost, so you don't "have to" attend the restaurant to have your "complimentary breakfast". Apart from a jacuzzi, that was another *tick on my criteria because I don't have breakfast till at least 10am when I'm on holidays and that's usually too late in most other resorts.

I took quite a few pictures of Ubud Green while I was there and even a video of Bumi 4 and I will show them to anyone who is planning a trip to Ubud in the future. I cannot hesitate to recommend Ubud Green as a great place to chill-out and will be very happy to stay there again.

I think the thing I like most about ubud Green is that it's a small resort with only 16 villas because I dislike staying in places that have hundreds of rooms. More importantly, for a small resort, Ubud Green is a top notch luxury resort, whose staff are very friendly, pay careful attention to detail and are conscientious about maintaining a "Green" environment.

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to everyone, from airport pick-up to airport drop-off and everyone in between for making my stay in Ubud Green most enjoyable and relaxing. My batteries are now fully recharged and I'm ready to go back to work. :-))

Room Tip: Bumi 4 was excellent. Anything more would be a bonus.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ShellBackPerth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights and loved the service and the peace and quiet. The staff were so friendly and helpful and the manager helped organise a couple of activities beyond the usual for us. The shuttle service to the centre of Ubud was useful and there was always a driver ready to collect us if we wanted to get back before the shuttle times. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sunshineMelbourne
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Amazing hotel, well maintained, excellent restaurants with innovative and delicious breakfasts. It is a little distance from town however they provide free bicycles which are fantastic and also have a mini van on call which is easy to access for tourists as they give you a per programmed cell phone on check in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Whether it was the drivers or the manager, the restaurant or the front of house staff, the cleaners or the masseurs, all the people at Ubud Green looked after us so well. Our villa was spacious and the pool a welcome relief after a hot day. The restaurant looks out over rice fields and the breakfasts were fresh and tasy. A modest walk or a short drive from the centre of Ubud, it's a great location away from the bustle of town. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann T
Melbourne
Reviewed January 27, 2013

First time in Bali and first time in Ubud. Slightly away from the centre but walking distance during the day. Also offer a shuttle service for free and they were flexible with pick ups. I loved this place and will stay here again. The staff were sensational, friendly and went the extra mile all the time. I stayed with two friends and we had the pool villa with a view of the rice paddies... excellent view and the private pool was amazing. I honestly have nothing but great things to say! I also hurt my neck prior to the trip and the staff were kind enough to get me lotions and super helpful. The onsite massage was gorgeous too. The daily breakfast was great and the staff were flexible with orders! The fresh juices were super! Thanks again Ubud Green for a wonderful intro to Bali!

Room Tip: Get the staff to organise a cooking class for you... wonderful!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank glamourpuss80
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 nights in ubud green - got the Bumi room. We wanted a villa for 2 but it came with 2 bedrooms, suitable for 3 people.

Rooms were very clean, pools were great but Bumi rooms does not have views to the padi fields. There was a jacuzzi pool as well.

Service was superb. The people were very very friendly and helpful. Breakfast selection was good, quality is amazing and could have the option of sending it to your villas.

The villa also have shuttle service every 2 hour to shuttle guests to/from city. Every villa gets a cellphone where we can reach the reception to ask questions/ confirm shuttle service when we were outside! Very thoughtful!

I told the villa it was our honeymoon and they gave us a cake and made the bed really nice with rose petals etc :) very sweet gesture!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank JoyxLee
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a really enjoyable time at the ubud green villas and wish we had an opportunity to stay there longer.
Our welcome was very warm. The staff were so friendly and frequently stopped for chats to find out how our time in ubud was going. Several times they gave us info on what was best to see around the area. It was nice to find out that the management had sent them all on the advertised day tours so they could give us appropriate tips etc
The rooms were clean and comfortable and overlooked the beautiful rice paddies.
The food was so-so, I would advise to travel out to the ubud township for lunch and dinners. We did really enjoy the bruschetta platter as a snack. And their fries were surprisingly good and crunchy! The Balinese fare let them down unfortunately.
They were very accommodating organising transport out of their normal free shuttle times. We were charged $3 USD in total for this which we thought was a good price. We were also provided with a mobile to call them when we required a pick up.
I would highly recommend you stay here and splash out the little bit extra for the Apah villas!

• Stayed January 2013