“Peaceful cottage with a beautiful view”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Bamboo Bungalow
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 32 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Mangoes_a...
“Peaceful cottage with a beautiful view”
Reviewed August 1, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

We stayed in Bamboo Cottage for 2 weeks and thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Bamboo Cottage is part of a small collection of cottages in Penestanan (which is about a 30 minute walk or 10 minute taxi ride from Ubud), owned and run by Ketut and his family, and managed by Janny. It is a beautiful setting, right on the edge of a large field of rice terraces. You have a lovely pool just a couple of steps from your door (which is shared by Orchid cottage), and 2 great sunbeds for lounging around. The sunbeds get a fair bit of sun throughout the day as well which is important if you are the "lying on a sunbeds type" (which we do enjoy!). The cottage itself is quite spacious for a one bedroom cottage, with a large bathroom, shower with good pressure and small kitchen. The setting by the rice terraces and within a tropical garden is beautiful, and the price includes breakfast with toast and fruit. If you are lucky, your stay in Bamboo Cottage may also include regular visits from Honey and Denny, the gorgeous resident dogs who enjoy the odd cuddle, left over snack and afternoon sleeping on your porch.

The only negative things I can say about Bamboo Cottage are that the kitchen is pretty basic with a 2 ringed cooker and limited cooking equipment, and that there is no lounge to relax on when watching DVDs (but there are 2 cane chairs which can suffice).

Overall though I would highly recommend Penestanan in general and Bamboo Cottage in particular for a lovely place to stay in central Bali and I do hope we will be able to return again one day.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peaceful area and beautiful view
Liked least: There was no comfy lounge to relax on with a DVD
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Brisbane

OR
Reviewed July 2, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Torquay
Reviewed June 17, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
person found this review helpful

UrbanJung...
Sydney, Australia
“Wow what a find”
Reviewed June 4, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

I guess the biggest thing I can say about Bamboo Cottage/Devi's place is we were sad to leave. The whole place and the vibe you get from it is really that good. Ubud is a mad house so to have your own little cottage in the middle of the rice fields 5 minutes away by bike from all the top resaurants and shops in Ubud is awesome.

We stayed in Jacaranda Cottage which is perfectly suited to a couple. Very private with all amenities. Ok so lets do the basics. Comfortable bed, quite aircon, large bathroom with actual water pressure so you can have a proper shower, the room beautifully decorated, huge fridge and a kitchenette with everything you need to be able to whip up a quick snack when you are feeling lazy, wifi so I can read the paper whilst lying by the pool or eating breakfast, a spotless pool which was actually cooling which is so nice in Bali. Great garden for the visual pleasure plus nice views over the rice paddies. Personally I don't think there is much more you could want BUT you get it anyway :).

Fireflys at night, virtualy silent all day and night, brand new bikes to travel around on, (they have Scoobies. I love Scoobies), frogs and crickets to sing you to sleep, good sized lcd tv, an information pack with an actual map of the area which makes sense so you can get around, that may sound silly but it seriously helped us a lot as we tend to go hmm where does this go and promptly get lossed. Hey we love an adventure. Breakfast is great which you can modify to suit, yes we are fussy and they cater for fussy.

The staff rate a special mention. Really polite and caring. The whole place is immaculate so they really work hard at making the place look perfect at all times and your stay comfortable. The owner Janny makes you feel at home and is a very gracious host. Also I can't forget Denny Crane. He is a tiny little dog who feels like a sheep. It is a must see to see him and the cat playing. A memory I will keep for life. So annoyed with myself I didn't film it. Too funny. We still laugh when we try to descibe them playing with each other to our friends.

Thanks Janny for having a truely wonderful place and making our stay memorable.

A small note. As we were at the time of our stay the mostly the only people there we viewed all cottages. All are imaculately presented so you wont be dissapointed in any of them.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The serenity of the area
Liked least: nothing everything was great.
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
NZ
Reviewed May 22, 2012 for a stay in April 2012
people found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing