“Relaxing, a true oasis of calm”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Sandat suite King 4 poster bed. AC, fan, and quality linens. TV, DVD Tea and coffee+++
Sandat suite sofa bed converts to double bed for children under 12 sharing. Can fit 1 extra bed
Sandat insect proof ensuite bathroom. Flat floors, non-slip tiles. Hot and cold water on demand.
Sandat suite Queen bed with AC, fan, sofa bed and quality linens. TV & DVD Tea & coffee+++
Guest lounge room and reading/games room inside the main villa.
Sandat suite private entrance and veranda with views to pool and garden. Queen bed + double sofa bed
Sandat private entrance and veranda with views to pool, garden and temples.
Breakfast is cooked fresh with organic and locally sourced (where possible) and veg/vegan options.
Balinese black rice with coconut cream and red palm sugar; organic delicious ++
Relax in style at Angel House. The Pool, cold, clean and clear. 1.6 metre deep with with wide steps.
Jepun suite with Extra King bed or 2 King Single beds, enclosed ensuite bathroom, Flat screen TV,DVD
Jepun suite with 2 king single beds (100 x 200cm) converts to extra king bed. AC + Fan pool views
Bathroom Jepun suite with flat floor, no steps and rainwater hot and cold shower
Relax, check emails or contemplate the view from the bale
Χαλαρώστε, να ελέγξετε τα email ή σχεδιάζουν τη θέα από το δέμα
Lumbung suite.  Bedroom 3. Own veranda with pool and garden views.
Lumbung suite Bedroom with ensuite bathroom. Aircon + fan cooling.
Lumbung suite queen bed with mosquito net, fan and views to the pol and garden.
Ensuite enclosed bathroomin  Lumbung suite with flat floor in shower and non-slip tiles. Hot and col
Bathroom Lumbung suite with flat floor, no steps and rainwater hot and cold shower
The Pool view from Lumbung suite balcony
In house massage :) In your room or on the bale. Can be pre booked. Perfect after a long flight.
Mood lighting surrounds the garden and pool at night.
Walk the quiet roads of Mas. Jalan Rapuan river and rice field walk, 5 mins from Angel House.
Rice fields (Sawa) at the rear of Angel House Ubud
Local roads behind Angel House with rice fields and views to the river.
Be our guest at our local temple; Pura Taman Pule Mas. One of Bali's most famous temples.
Become a guest at a local families celebration. Come join with us if you stay.
Entrance to the village of Tarukan Mas, Ubud
Walk to the village of Tarukan Mas, Ubud
Gamelan players at our local temple, Pura Desa
Offerings at the gate.
Typical bali sunset seen from Angel House Homestay Ubud
View of sawa from our local restaurant. Sunset & fire flies :)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Indonesian first
Any
Jake H
“Beautiful Hosts, very helpful!”
Reviewed June 4, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Angel House was a very needed pitstop in our trip! The host had a past life as a nurse and considering one of the people I stayed with had an accident this was extremely helpful! She gave him all the advice he needed and cleared up some shady advice received from the hospital in Seminyak.

Hosts were very accommodating, both from Australia so if you're looking for English efficient hosts this is the place to be! One of the workers Kadek was extremely helpful with our stay in Ubud and our trip out of town as well. Kadek truly made our trip amazing!! Very humbled local man with a lot to share.

The room we stayed in had a bit of a weird smell to it, but we had a couple of good night sleeps in the beds. Breakfast was OK, not too many options (just 2). I'm sure if we asked there would have been more available but we weren't too fussed.

Finally, big thanks to Annie & Rod! Thanks for welcoming us late on our first night and continually making sure we were OK .

Jun 6, 2016
Thank you for staying with us Jake and friends. :)
Jennifer...
Greater Melbourne, Australia
“Relaxing, a true oasis of calm”
Reviewed May 8, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I stayed in the Pool Suite. Large, cool room (air conditioned at the flip of a switch if required), with a very comfortable king size bed. All the comforts of home here at Angel House, Ubud, including home cooking by Rusma, upon request. Delicious meals. You can also cook for yourself in the modern, fully equipped kitchen, utensils, flatware etc., supplied. Pool, loungers, bale with bean bags - bliss! Kadek, Annie and Rod are the most accommodating hosts, anticipating requests. Room maintained every day by Kadek, to a high standard. Angel House is quiet, within a close walk to Tarukan Village, as well as local warungs, to eat out occasionally if you wish. Fast wi-fi too. Close to everything you need. I craved peace and quiet, and was amply rewarded. Suksma

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and quiet of the location
Liked least: Nothing, suited me admirably
Traveling group: Friends
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
May 8, 2016
From all of us at Angel House, thank you for your wonderful review. We are so happy that your time was relaxing and that the food, massages and service was 5*. We hope you are able to come again to stay. Suksma ++++
Terri G
Greater Melbourne, Australia
“Relaxing, delightful hosts & staff”
Reviewed May 8, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Was met with a smile. Annie was extremely helpful in recommending local activities, & offered to organise if wanted. She organised a Balinese cooking class at a local restaurant which was excellent. She also recommended local Warungs to eat at which were also excellent. She was genuinely interested in any constructive feedback given regarding any outings. She also personally accompanied me to Denpasar Market, arranging transport. It was very helpful & edifying having someone with me who could speak the language, explain the money & do the bargaining for me (I'm hopeless at bargaining)

The rooms were spotless, the beds fabulous. There was a small menu that one could choose from if you wanted to eat in. However the wonderful cook Rusma frequently offered to cook Balinese/Indonesian dishes not on the menu. She would also cook whatever wanted for breakfast. Her massages were relaxing & therapeutic, she could find sore spots without being told where they were. Kadek is the general maintenance man & he kept the small grounds & pool spotless & inviting. Both staff are delightful people, & nothing was too much trouble.

Our stay was 9 days, but would happily extend it if another booking had not already been made & paid for. Will certainly return

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The friendliness of everyone. The quiet location
Liked least: The broken pavements, which are all over Bali & are not in host's control
Traveling group: Friends
May 8, 2016
Laurie W
Saint Louis, Missouri
“An Outstanding Oasis- a gem”
Reviewed April 22, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Angel Villa is a haven! If I could give a 10 ten star rating I would! I came for a week and stayed for two. I wasn't feeling well when I first arrived and I totally succumbed to Annie and Rod Sprague's quiet oasis. It was a perfect "home base" from which to fully recover and then explore the local markets, temples, rice fields, and small villages.
There isn't a big sign at the entrance to their alley,/home and that keeps it quiet and private.
The Sprague's created a modern, cheery, and artistic space and my room was perfect in every way. The room was spacious, clean, and had all that I needed. The king bed was divine. Each morning I awoke to the peaceful sound birds and could see the pool and garden. The other two rooms looked equally comfortable. An extra bonus of staying at the Sprague's villa is that they welcome you to use all of the space. I often used their large dining room table as a "work space" to send emails and have a cup of tea. For an extra modest cost, I was delighted to have several home cooked Balinese dinners. The Sprague's include their Balibese staff (Rusma -chef and Kadek- all around help) as part of their extended family. This creates a warm and comfortable atmosphere. I also loved the extra opportunities to experience Bali's culture by staying here. I was invited to join a few excursions - to a large village ceremony, the local market, ride through nearby rice fields, and even to an art class. I also had a chance to see a cremation, inside a family compound and attend a temple ceremony. These were serendipitous bonuses because I was there -at the right time. But the point is that the Sprague's are kind and inclusive. Annie also helped me with renting a motorbike and directions to local sights. I am leaving for the beach, but will return again next week! It's special to have a "home away from home."

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Beautiful garden and pool, spotlessly clean, kind atmosphere
Liked least: No complaints. If I had very small kids I'd be concerned about the pool.
Traveling group: Solo
Apr 22, 2016
I am so happy that Angel House was your oasis and you arrived as a guest left as a friend :)
Rusma is a great cook, Kadek is a warm and gracious host and we loved sharing our little piece of Ubud Bali with you. I will pass your wonderful comments onto Ibu Rusma and pak kadek. Safe travels and see you again soon
Angel House Team
Anand V
“very disappointed”
Reviewed March 28, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

I had booked two rooms for my parents, wife, 4-yr old and I. We were impressed with the presentation and general upkeep of the property, but surprised by the lack of flexibility displayed by the owners unlike others in Bali.
A few additional observations:
- Late checkout is referred to in the description, but they mentioned a fee after we confirmed the booking. We only needed one villa (not two) to keep our bags and for my pregnant wife to relax as the rest of us were intending to go out for most part of the day. But the owner insisted on IDR500,000 total for both rooms. I have always heard of late checkout in the context of a freebie, not a charged service
- Extra bed in the Poolside/Temple view room is not at all comfortable though it costs an extra US$5 per kid per night. We did say that our 3-yr old child sleeps with us in the same bed, but got charged all the same. The main bed in the Poolside room is not king sized. My wife, daughter and I ended up swapping Jepun room with my parents after couple of nights as it had a more comfortable king sized bed.
- One can’t dispose off used toilet paper in the commode as per normal practice as they use septic tanks. They did provide a small garbage bin that gets cleared daily, but personally I think it is unhygienic to have used toilet paper lying around like that.
- The caretaker proactively took away our clothes for washing even though we didn’t ask for it, but it turned out cost effective.
- The swimming pool is more than 5.5 ft deep almost throughout, so not very useful for young ones.
- An issue with a location is that it is difficult to get Uber or Grab taxi, especially after 4pm.
- The caretaker offered to arrange his friend to drive us around, but I found the quotes too high: IDR200,000 for Sukawati market that is just 7kms away, IDR600,000-700,000 for a full day and IDR300,000 for an airport drop. I arranged another driver through my contacts, got charged IDR450,000 for full day and IDR200,000 for airport drop.
- The chef made very tasty Balinese breakfast, though in measured quantities. We never got asked if we required an extra serve and we were hesitant as it didn’t seem to be an option. We were told that the chef will cook in-house meals (other than b’fast) with a full meal menu but took a bit of coaxing (3 attempts) to get her to agree on day-1 after which I didn’t bother. There was only couple of items (Nasi Goreng rice and noodles) on offer.
- We saw at least 3 cockroaches inside our room during our stay

Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Mar 31, 2016
I am sorry your stay was to to your liking. If you had contacted me at any time during your stay, I would have had the opportunity to help but you did not do this. This is the 1st time we have only had a complaint as we work very hard to ensure guests enjoy their stay, hence all the other wonderful reviews we have. Our staff tried very hard to satisfy all your requests. All of Bali have septic systems, not just our homestay. In our description, the depth of the pool is clearly displayed. Transport costs are the same in any hotel or guest house and you were not quoted inflated price at any time. Breakfast was a standard size and free tea, coffee and unlimited drinking water were provided free. Uber and Grabtaxi are illegal in all of Ubud and Ubud also does not have any metre taxi service, only private cars. Late check out is optional extra and is charged and request is to be made at time of booking and is clearly described in guest information. The beds are king sized and staff and other guest dispute your claim of changing rooms.
Charlotte...
Atlanta, Georgia
“I beautiful escape and cultural experience”
Reviewed March 21, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

Staying at Angel Villa felt like a home away from home. Annie and co. welcomed us into their home with open arms and warm hospitality. Everyone was so full of information about how and what to do to experience the real Ubud/Bali. We were invited to join in some of the local traditions that were truly magical and I'm not sure we would have been able to experience having stayed anywhere else. Breakfast with a hot pot of tea pool side every morning was also a highlight of or stay. I am still dreaming about the black rice pudding with coconut milk and fresh fruit. Heavenly.
The bed was also very comfortable and the room felt like a high end hotel. Would definitely recommend and also stay here again on my return visit to the area.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Apr 4, 2016
"Thank you very much Charlotte for staying with us. You were delightful guests and we enjoyed showing you around Mas and were happy to be able to help when you experience some wonderful ceremonies. Yes, Rusma does give fabulous massages! We look forward to welcoming you or your friends to Angel House Ubud again. Blessings from us all here in Bali"
JoAskham
Briar Hill, Victoria, Australia
“Sister sanctuary ”
Reviewed March 2, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

A wonderful escape into high comfort living with access to true Balinese culture. Annie and Rob were perfectly hospitable in every way.
Annie was openly forthcoming with exploring and experiencing advise for the area that made travel plans a breeze.
The staff at Angel Villa a second to none and completed our experience with one of the best whole body massages, pedicures, cooking, makings of offerings and sharing of their life experiences. Trema Casi Rusma and Kadek.

Visit was for: Leisure
Traveling group: Family
Apr 4, 2016
"Thank you very much Jo for staying with us. You were delightful guests and we enjoyed showing you around Mas and were happy to be able to help when you experience a real Bali temple ceremony. Yes, Rusma does give fabulous massages! We look forward to welcoming you or your friends to Angel House Ubud again. Blessings from us all here in Bali"
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing