“A.W.E.S.O.M.E”

Gula Bali
Ranked #372 of 790 Restaurants in Ubud
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are re-locating to Jalan Raya Andong, Gula Bali development project, building 2, Ubud - Bali. We will re-open soon, in time for 2014 peak season. We will be able to cater for bigger groups now, up to 150 pax seated indoors, 150 seated outdoors, and up to 600 guests for a combined indoor-outdoor party/events setting, with enough parking solution (valet & shuttle option) Site dimension: 5000 sq meters On-site parking: 500 sq meter Off-site parking facility: 10, 000 sq meters (shuttle service for events) Gula Bali : "in good food we trust"
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The resteraunt is overall amazing, wonderful yumtastic food, live music everynight,cheap drinks, its close to everything, the staff are friendly, they are funny and they make you never want to leave Bali.. I recommend this place to anyone and everyone who is looking for a guarenteed awesome night.

1  Thank kpmendez85

Reviewed February 12, 2013

All I can say is wonderful food, exceptional service, great prices and the menus are the most professional I have seen in Bali all the times I have been here.

You feel like family when you eat at this restaurant and the staff are wonderful - I was lucky enough to celebrate my birthday at Gula Bali and it was the best night - the band even sung me happy birthday "Reggae style" as they found out I love reggae music and I got a wonderful birthday drink (which my husband had to drink as I am 6 months pregnant).

I was on the mocktails all night and I would have to recommend the Minted Ginger - very refreshing and fresh tasting.

In relation to the food - my husband had the nasi campur which can out amazingly presented on banana leaves and I had the curry chicken which again exceeded expectations. Our friends had the BBQ ribs with a choice of salad on the side and they were also blown away.

This restaurant and its staff exceeded our expectations in all areas and it was beautiful and clean and well finished with a wonderful friendly atmosphere.

I will be back again and again.

1  Thank FoxFras
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

The nasi campur and nasi goreng are so delicious! The second time I had gado gado which wasn't that great, but healthy. This place is probably the cheapest for its type (tourist friendly, nice ambience), so it's good value. I'd go there for the rp 15k coconut too!

The second time we went we saw a huge rat running on the floor, which put us off a little. We laughed it off resigning ourselves to the fact that we probably will get a stomach ache later.. Oh well, it's Indonesia after all.

The nice waitress told us that the place is being closed for half a week for a renovation and a clean up, which I assume would fix the rat problem.

Pramita K, Owner at Gula Bali, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for your visit to Gula Bali,

we are sorry for your inconvenience

we have identified the source of your 'surprise encounter' is from our 'semi-abandoned' neighbour's bungalows and nearby ricefields

please rest assured that there are no health hazzard possibilities from this problem as we are applying good hygiene policy in our food & beverage production areas, and we are regularly checked by a professional hygiene and pest controller

however, we will include our neighbour's property and neighbour's backyard in our upcoming clean-up & renovation schedule to make sure it will not develop into a serious problem (since they apparently don't do that), and will figure out a way for them to be completely unable to enter our premises

To be precise and be thoroughly informative, there were some ricefield mice that got lost and went through our premises. Not a big rat, since there are no big rats in Bali (like in a Hollywood-movie sewer system, or roaming freely in Jakarta)

thank you for your valuable input, we really appreciate it

if you're in Ubud on February 10th, we'll have a refresh party starting at 7pm, please join us for some live music and cool cocktails

Best regards,

Pramita Krisna Dalem

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Very pleased we chanced upon this gem. Food was excellent, service was very friendly and prompt. Restaurant clean, comfortable, nice atmosphere. Can definitely recommend. THANK YOU!

Thank you for your visit to Gula Bali

we are really happy to know that what we offer meets your expectations

thank you for your review, we really appreciate it

please join our party on February 10th if you're around, we'll have live music and will be launching our new menu

best regards,

Pramita Krisna Dalem

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Yes, the first restaurant in Ubud, however looks nice and simple from reviews. Upon arriving, it looks fancier than the price reflects....very simple menu with only a dozen chooses...we both ordered the same dish...both a bit over Nasi Gerong, Mie Gerong etc...we ordered Nasi Campur Gula, and well we were both shocked...it was a great dish, made up of 2x skewers, a piece of chicken that had Peking style flavours, surrounded by many sides/sauces...all served on banana leaves... Really want to go back and eat here again, originally went there for the ribs, however was only after a light lunch. Highly recommended for a simple cheap eat in Ubud, with a nice relaxed space/feeling.