“Overall a satisfying experience”
Review of Kertiyasa Bungalow

Kertiyasa Bungalow
Ranked #159 of 640 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Sometimes it doesn't take more than just a smile to make people feel good and the staff in this bungalow seem to understand that.

As we first stepped in to the lobby we were greeted with a very warm welcome from the staff. It was raining that night and we were soaking wet from riding the motor bike. One of the staff immediately took a quick action to dry up our small luggage and helmets. They offered us a welcome drink, a cucumber juice with a hint of celery which was completely refreshing! They also offered us a cold face towel, and trust me it smelled really good.

We stayed in the Standard Jacuzzi room. The room was big, yet it looked a little bit tired. Our room has a huge balcony which overlooks the volcano, and I was really happy with it. I loved the bathroom though, it somehow holds an exotic, mystical aura.

They have 3 options for breakfast which were American, Continental, and Indonesian. I chose the American breakfast and the price was reasonable! It wasn't a buffet and I was glad because everything was made fresh, including the cinnamon roll which I loved the most.

The location is perfect for us. It was next to the monkey forest and it was just behind the Monkey Forest Road with strips of shops and restaurants.

Overall we had a pleasant stay at the Kertiyasa Bungalow. Great value, great staff, and great food.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times and keep coming back. Kertiyasa is on the quiet side of the Monkey Forrest in Ubud which I find a blessing. The grounds are very well maintained and allow you to fully relax after being out amongst the hustle and bustle of bali, like a visit to the Ubud markets.

We stayed in a standard bungalow that was nicely outfitted, clean, presentable and attended to regularly. After breakfast you'll find the room fixed and the aircon on again. Of an evening you will find your bed turned down and a mosquito coil lit outside; it's the small things that amount to service in my books. The room size and bathroom size was excellent and sitting outside on the balcony looking out at the grounds was great for just relaxing and chatting.

The staff are very helpful and the included breakfasts are great. I very much enjoyed my daily mihun goreng, juice, tea/coffee and fruit platter, although the "American breakfast" was great too.

Try and meet Made, he is extremely helpful and a wonderfully warm inviting host. He organised a few day trips for us that were wonderful. Personally I like a warm friendly smile and someone to talk to you about your day.

The niggles were minor like patchy wifi. I will most certainly be back again. I'm sitting writing this in Seminyak and in my room I can hear the traffic, I'd give up the TV here for the peace and quite back in Nyuh Kuning any day.

Room Tip: All the rooms I've stayed in so far have been great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart F
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at Kertiyasa Bungalow for over two weeks in January. January is the rainy season so we were happy to see large umbrellas in every room. We had a suite with an upstairs bedroom and kitchen, with 2 tv's. The large bed was comfortable, the air conditioning worked when we needed it, ( just a few times after hot walks to Ubud) but the fans were enough most of the time. There is a clean pool, open meeting room, welcoming staff and a view of Mt. Agung from upstairs. The grounds are well kept and the rooms cleaned thoroughly daily. But my favorite was the restaurant I only ate the Indonesian and vegetarian dishes but the was enough variety for a different meal every day for 2 weeks. The hotel is located on the other side of the monkey forest from Ubud in a quiet community. NOT FOR PARTY CROWD. Ideal for writing and relaxing.

Room Tip: Look for upper rooms if you want a view of the Volcano.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ciniecalif
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We found this lovely place by chance while on a motorbike ride, turned around to check it out and changed hotels immediately and stayed for over a month. The rooms are spacious, well appointed, clean and have lovely views of the beautiful pool and grounds. The staff is fantastic and accommodating with lovely smiles, attitude and attention to the little details (turn down services and mosquito coils nightly!) that starts at the top with a well trained and on-site manager. From check-in to the housekeeping staff and restaurant "team" it was always done with a level of grace and sincerity that made you feel welcomed and valued. The food was really good and done with flair and presentation that had been done by a Chef rather than just a cook! The inclusive breakfast was head and shoulders above the other places we had stayed in Bali. The pool was clean and maintained on a daily basis with fully reclining loungers, each with it's own beach size embroidered towel, classy! Only two drawbacks at the time we were there (Feb-Mar 2012): a) The wireless wi-fi on-site was dropping out and we would have to have the router re-booted quite often in order to get back on line. b) The in room jacuzzi, which is quite large and elegant took many attempts to fill with hot water in order to be able to use and then the water was barely warm and the jet's didn't really do anything. Perhaps an on-demand water heater for these rooms would be in order! Other than those minor problems, which are perhaps fixed by now....this place was amazing and we will return!!

Room Tip: Upstairs with views
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at this Hotel before. I have found that the menu has changed but the taste and presentation has not. The location is very quiet and not far from Ubud. I have knee problems but still found it was not any problems.
The staff are very friendly and nothing is too small for them to help.
The grounds are kept very clean as are the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Syrex1
Reviewed November 1, 2012

the place is quite far away from the center of Ubud, they say you can take a shortcut to the monkey forest but it is still at least 20 mins to 30 mins walk, and at night, well it is completely dark, so you do not really want to take this path without seeing anything among the wild monkeys

Room Tip: all rooms was good
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank krisnahtr
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We moved here for one night from Alam Indah and would not have wished to stay longer. The restaurant is pretty good, we ate evening meal there twice during our stay and it is a good option if you are staying in the area and do not wish to go into central Ubud. The garden area is pleasant but the pool was not particularly clean and our request for pool towels was ignored. The room was too dark and our toilet was not very clean, the seat should have been replaced. We used their transfer service to Sanur, the vehicle was quite new and the driver pleasant & careful, we thought the price was high though.

• Stayed: October 2012