“Excellent service, lovely newly refurbished hotel, great value for money”
Review of Kertiyasa Bungalow

Kertiyasa Bungalow
Ranked #163 of 555 Ubud B&B and Inns
Newcastle, Australia
“Excellent service, lovely newly refurbished hotel, great value for money”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This hotel has been recently refurbished. I have stayed in many hotels in Ubud and this one rates with the best of them. Great location, same road as the Alam properties. Staff can't do enough for you - always trying to anticipate your needs. Hotel and rooms are spotlessly clean. Air con works well. We had an upstairs room with spa. Room was big, huge bed, TV (which we never used) and fridge. Huge bathroom. Only downside was poor water pressure. Very relaxing sitting out on the spacious balcony looking out over the beautiful grounds.Swimming pool is lovely and inviting. Free transport to Ubud - although its only a short walk through the monkey forest to reach the action. You only need to buy one ticket and just show each time and its okay. The hotel restaurant has excellent food. Breakfast is substantial - you have a choice of American, Continental or Indonesian. Meals are a good price and we were very happy with the food - try the yummy Caesar Salad.There is also a small friendly warung directly over the road that sells nice cold Bintang and cheap food. Overall I would definately stay here again and can highly recomend it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Susie1611

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in December and I have to say the start of my stay I was a bit worried. It was a family room. Unfortunately the Air-conditioning did not work and the sink pipe came out when I used. I was quite upset as I have never had a problem with any Hotel or Villa in Bali before. A quick trip to reception and the lady had a look at the room before calling the manager.
The manager ( Dek ) came and organised another room straight away, which was not as large, but didn't bother me as all I wanted was a functioning air-conditioner for at night,as well as a working bathroom.
There has been quite a bit of work at these Villas lately, and my new room looked like it had been refurbished. My only complaints were that there was no curtains on the small high windows of my room, and there was no towel racks in the bathroom.
Apart from that the air-con was icy cold, the bed super comfy and the bathroom clean and tidy.
I was most impressed too with the restaurant, the prices were extremely reasonable, even by Bali standards. I never paid more than 60000 rp for a meal and/ or drink. The quality was excellent and the staff very helpful.
As a bonus for my inconvenience of changing my room, my complimentary massage was extended from 1 hour to 2. I also received a free dinner as part of my booking stay, and the manager also gave me free transport to the airport on the way home, as well as a late checkout, as my flight was late in the evening and I hadn't paid for an extra night.
The hotel itself is on the small village on the other side of the Monkey Forrest.
The forest is only a 5 minute walk, and then you can either walk through the Forrest or walk around on the path to get to Monkey Forrest Rd and Ubud.
So it's a good location, but because the road it's on is a dead end- it finishes at the Forrest, then it is very quiet at night, heck even by day it's a lot quieter than the other main roads in Ubud.
A taxi service is also included as part of the Hotel, for drop off or pick up, so if you don't feel like walking through the Forrest at night ( take a torch, it's dark! ) then just call the hotel, and they will pick you up.
All in all, it was very quiet at night, I slept very well and I cannot fault my stay here.
Thank you!

Room Tip: I was in an upstairs room, they will probably be quieter than downstairs