“tranquility”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre
Ranked #40 of 640 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is my first review,although I have used Trip Adviser for a long time my recent 2 night stay here has prompted me to make the effort. I live in Bali and have visited Ubud many times and always struck lucky. However this was the first place I felt the essence of Ubud. Jalan Kajeng is a safe, quiet lane, lined with local homes which often doubleup as cafe's or spa's etc. White Lotus is about 100m up the lane; easy to find and totally charming.
The room is good, comfortable bed, plumbing works well, electric points plentiful, ceiling fan if required. It is the terrace area which really hits the spot. The beautiful garden looks out over an area filled with tropical trees, stream and a very lively waterfall. Amazing paddy fields just a short walk and Campuhan Ridge (which everyone should see) very close.
Sandeh is the perfect host; available whenever you need something whilst allowing her guests plenty of space and privacy.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Yorkshirelass235

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I found Sandeh and White Lotus through a friend, and I was blown away by her presence. Tucked in an alley way off the main street in Ubud, White Lotus was quite easy to find, and when we arrived Sandeh was there to welcome us in. We sat chatting while we waited for the rest of the class to show, and then got underway. We attended the Monday night heart chakra, which was more physical than I was expecting. The pavillion is open air, and has beautiful views over Ubud. Take or wear insect repellent if you're particularly susceptible to bites, and relax and enjoy your time. Sandeh has a beautiful spirit about her, and I felt very comfortable in her presence.

Room Tip: I didn't stay at the hotel, but I believe there are only two rooms. Get in quick.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2014

White Lotus is such a lovely gem in Ubud. It's situated close to the centre near the palace, the tourist information centre, and the market but it's tucked away behind all the noise. The 2 rooms each look out to its own terrace where you can sit and enjoy a beautiful garden. The meditation at night is very nice. Make sure to go in with an open mind and spray lots of mosquito repellent especially on your feet. The setting is very peaceful and serene but I think what makes White Lotus stand out the most from all the other places I've traveled to is the host Sandeh. Sandeh is so kind and helpful. When I asked her where to find medicine for a bad allergic reaction to jellyfish stings, she took out her own solution and helped me to apply it. This was only the second time I've met her. Not only was she not grossed out by the stings, she also applied the solution on for me! (it worked miraculously btw.) She even made me more so that I had enough to bring onto the rest of my travels. Sandeh sincerely cares about everyone who comes into her house. I wish Tripadvisor had an extra star for those truly exceptional hosts. Thank you Sandeh for being an angel.

Room Tip: The 2 rooms are very similar but I like the cocos room a bit more because the terrace sofa faces dir...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anna L
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed a white lotus already a longer time ago but just have signed up for tripadvisor. White Lotus is recommended to everybody! Families, single travelers and families. It has only 2 or 3 rooms and offers pure privacy in a family atmosphere rooms. Make sure if you want to experience this great place you really book a loooong time in advance! Simply a Must Stay place!!!

Room Tip: There is only 2 or 3 rooms ;)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I found White Lotus through TripAdvisor as I wanted a place to stay for my first few nights in Ubud. In Ubud you are spoiled for choice so making a choice is actually quite hard - no matter ur budget. White Lotus and the owner Sandeh are great at making you feel welcome yet giving you the privacy you need.
I took part in one guided meditation and took a lot w me from it.

I wholeheartedly recommend this place and would come back in an instant.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had a lovely stay with Sandeh for 1 week during the December holidays. Sandeh is an absolutely beautiful and fascinating person whom it was a pleasure to get to know! White Lotus is conveniently located close to beautiful rice fields, numerous shops and cafes, and the famous Monkey Forest. The property is set back from a smaller street close to center of Ubud, making it both centrally located but also quite peaceful at night. Each room has a large terrace that overlooks Sandeh's beautiful garden and waterfall. The room was spacious and very clean, and the bathroom quite large with a great hot shower. Breakfast can be delivered to your terrace daily from a nearby cafe. The rest of the property is just as great as the rooms. On the second level is a lovely reception area with an even better view of the gardens, and the third level is the meditation studio with stunning views of adjacent rice fields, Mt. Batur, and the rest of Ubud. I highly recommend participating in the thrice weekly meditation classes as well; they were a great complement to my stay at White Lotus. They were also a great opportunity to meet others traveling in Ubud, and to get to know Sandeh better. Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay, and my only regret was that I was unable to stay longer! Thanks so much Sandeh for making my time in Ubud so special.

Room Tip: Both rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at this small and wonderful resort in The heart of Ubud. As there are only 2 rooms with a great terrace overlooking the lovely green garden, you enjoy privacy and quietness. A true Oasis in The heart of this amazing city. Your host Sandeh is lovely and takes very good care of you ! The meditation classes are very good and relaxed in The most wonderful meditation temple I have ever seen. We would hope te come back once!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple