“I cannot recommend this place enough! Wonderful”

and 1 more site!
White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre
Ranked #41 of 529 Ubud B&B and Inns
Johannesburg, South Africa
“I cannot recommend this place enough! Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

The White Lotus is situated on the banks of the river which passes through Ubud. From my bed at night I would listen to the waterfall that would join the river. The setting is absolute bliss.

Sandeh also offers wonderful meditation classes on some of the evenings and I really loved her first-Sunday-of-the-month silent meditation days. What turned out a supposed short term stay turned into a near month of exploring the wonders that Ubud has to offer. Staying at the White Lotus just made my visit to Bali so much more special. Thank you Sandeh for the wonderful time spent with you.

Room Tip: Book in advance - it fills up quickly!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank RaineCP
Sandeh_11, Owner at White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Raine,
you are so kind! thank you again for your review.
I know you are traveling a lot around the world and you know all kind of
places...your words about my house really touched me!
Thank you so much!
I send you
Love and Light
Sandeh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

4 Thank RaineCP
Sandeh_11, Owner at White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you, Raine, for your exquisite words about this place.
I also loved to have you here and I hope to see you again some time...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Searched for an introductory meditation course while in Bali and lucky enough to find a review on the white lotus centre. delighted we did as by chance Sandah runs a full day meditation course the first Sunday of the month. Having never done meditation before and going with a completely open mind I really enjoyed the day. A big range of different meditation techniques and methods taught so something for everyone. All done in silence (which I thought I would find difficult, however very tranquil).
A very relaxing day and a beautiful setting in her house, with a rooftop area. We also had a delicious lunch provided. Private and overlooking a gully and rainforest. Definitely recommend if you are interested or curious about meditation.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Gina D
Sandeh_11, Owner at White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
for your kind review!
It warms my heart to know that my Meditation day is helping people grow
into more consciousness.
Love and peace for you,
Groningen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in this guesthouse. We loved to be there. We felt at home from the very first second. It's a beautiful place to stay: quiet, clean, well designed, everything works perfect, with balcony with big lounche-sofa, on which you can relax while enjoying the lush green around you. With this peace it's hard to imagine that the busy centre of Ubud is just around the corner. The bed is perfect; the best matrass we had in Bali. Sandeh, the owner and host, is good company, a caring person, very inspiring, who gives you help, care and privacy as much as you want to. You are completely free whether you want to participate in the yoga or meditation sessions on the amazing roofroom of te house (only a roof, no walls!). Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Arjen K
Thank you so much for your kind words about my place.
I really love to know my guests feel good as I am giving
my heart to this place.
Bless you,
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hi Sandeh
I am so sorry it has taken me this long to write a review, it has been on my list of things to do since I got back from Bali, 5 weeks ago!
I stayed at the White Lotus for 7nights at the beginning of September this year and had the most fabulous experience. I have never travelled on my own and felt completely safe and well looked after, whilst still having o much freedom and space.
Where do I start...the room and bathroom are beautiful and have everything you need, such attention to detail. The terrace outside the room overlooks Sandeh's beautiful garden; a very peaceful and relaxing spot.
You are right in the centre of ubud, without feeling like it, so close to everything whilst still enjoying peace, quiet and tranquility.
The highlight for me, the yoga and meditation, Sandeh you and Faye are wonderful teachers, I got so much out of these sessions and I am sure you will be happy to hear that I still practice on my own for half an hr most days.
I had the most amazing experience here in Ubud at the White Lotus, in fact it helped change my life (no exaggeration), I will always be most grateful for this.
Thank you for making my stay so comfortable, peaceful and special Sandeh I really appreciate it. Oh and I will be back, unfortunately it just can't be soon enough!
Thank you.
Sarah

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Dolaly
Thank you!!!!
Love and gratitude from
Broome, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

The White Lotus is a hidden gem. The rooms overlook a beautiful garden with rice field views. You cannot believe you are only 5 minutes jalan jalan from the centre of Ubud.
This is a place where you can quietly reflect and take advantage of the meditation and yoga sessions held on the stunning rooftop terrace.
The owner Sandah gives you time and space to settle in and does not bombard you with information about places to go or things to do. If you ask she will recommend a driver, massage practitioner or restaurant but she quietly goes about her business.
I have stayed in other places in Ubud but my next trip back I’ll be booking in here let’s hope she has my room available.
By the way this is my first attempt at a review not something I would normally do but Ubud is so busy these days it was a real treat to find somewhere with such a calm and quiet atmosphere.
Sally

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sally E
Sandeh_11, Owner at White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words.
I will for sure keep you the room for your next trip!!!
Cant wait to see you again.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

The White Lotus is so perfect on all fronts, that I am still surprised at the super-affordable rates!

The room was spacious and well-appointed, with a very comfortable four-poster bed, ample storage and sweet little design touches. The bathroom is really fantastic for accommodation within this price range, and spotlessly clean. The spacious terrace is a great place to relax, and looks out over a beautiful little garden.

Sandeh is a great host. She responded promptly to all communication before my arrival, even giving advice on matters unrelated to the property. She arranged my airport transfer and during my stay she helped out with advice and phone calls.

The property is situated on a quiet street, but a five-minute walk gets you right in the heart of Udub action. Walking along Jalan Kajeng in the opposite direction leads to the rice fields where anything from a leisurely stroll to an invigorating run is highly recommended.

I highly recommend the White Lotus, and will definitely be back myself!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank DiveDiva21
Sandeh_11, Owner at White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thanks so much for your kind words.
Hopefully I will have you as my guest here again next time!