“Tranquil retreat in the heart of Ubud”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre
Ranked #42 of 654 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The White Lotus is so perfect on all fronts, that I am still surprised at the super-affordable rates!

The room was spacious and well-appointed, with a very comfortable four-poster bed, ample storage and sweet little design touches. The bathroom is really fantastic for accommodation within this price range, and spotlessly clean. The spacious terrace is a great place to relax, and looks out over a beautiful little garden.

Sandeh is a great host. She responded promptly to all communication before my arrival, even giving advice on matters unrelated to the property. She arranged my airport transfer and during my stay she helped out with advice and phone calls.

The property is situated on a quiet street, but a five-minute walk gets you right in the heart of Udub action. Walking along Jalan Kajeng in the opposite direction leads to the rice fields where anything from a leisurely stroll to an invigorating run is highly recommended.

I highly recommend the White Lotus, and will definitely be back myself!

2  Thank DiveDiva21
Sandeh_11, Owner at White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My recent stay at White Lotus was perfect - when I arrived exhausted after 20 hours of travel, I was relieved to find a lovely, quiet room complete with flowers on my pillow and drinking water waiting for me. The room was beautifully and simply furnished. I had a large terrace with views of the garden and rice paddies all to myself and at night the sounds of the natural waterfall and river lulled me to sleep. Unlike most guesthouses in this price range and location, the rooms were spotless, the bedding was fresh and new, and the bathroom was modern and fully functioning (no leaky toilets, moldy showers and damp floors here!) I also loved the location: on a small street with lots of shops, restaurants and family compounds, but only a short walk to the heart of Ubud and the rice fields. The owner, also organizes yoga and meditation classes - but there is no pressure to join. I didn't try the yoga but did enjoy two evening meditation sessions. I also love the fact that proceeds go to a local children's charity. Highly recommended.

3  Thank LE_USA_12
Sandeh_11, Owner at White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review.My aim is to make my guests happy.You were enriching my host-life!I loved having you here and hope you will come back soon.
Peace and Joy for you,
Sandeh

Reviewed August 29, 2012

wow what a holyday, i ve been coming to bali for the past 10 years and this is the most beautiful place i ve ever stayed at. warm showers, great mosquito nets, huge and comfy beds, yoga on the rood, close to nature and still in the middle of ubud, walking distance to all the places you want to go when you are here......a cherry on the island of the gods.
i am really surprised about the review with the sleep less nights...i guess her lover was not really hitting the spot there ;) but hey i guess we all know how that feels if you are grumpy and just feel like dumping your feelings on somebody else :) hahaha well done danna, we are all human :)

wishing everybody a great stay in bali and white lotus, what a treat in comfort and relaxation

surdham

Room Tip: well there is two rooms to choose, so you take you pick....it s more a matter of left or right :) i...
2  Thank surdham9999

Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a few sleepless nights... The bed was really uncomfortable with really cheap sheets and pillows and the next door neighbor's baby's crying woke us up every morning... It sounds like the neighbors were outside our door. There was supposed to be wifi but we couldn't get the network from our room or balcony. Also since it is a homestay and not a hotel we were on our own, nobody to help us book things or give us suggestions. After talking to other people we met in ubud we realized we could get the same or better for half the price; other home stays we heard about offered breakfast and really friendly families. Sandeh, the owner, is nice but nothing more and we only saw her upon arrival and when paying her when we left. There are so many options I suggest just getting to ubud and walking around a bit to find the best.

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank DannaSY

I wonder why this Lady stayed for 6 nights in a place she considers so bad, while she could have stayed at cheep home-stays for half the price.
All her complaints are purely invented, as you can see by reading other reviews about White Lotus Yoga & Meditation. White Lotus is located in the very core of Ubud, surrounded by Balinese families, who have children and sometimes they may cry. About the beds: we have the best matrasses, pillows and linnen available in Bali.
I am living my dream in this place I created to share the joy and peace with spiritual minded people, who can see the beauty and feel the high energy of it.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I loved my stay with Sandeh and at the White Lotus. It is away from the main road yet incredibly close to great warungs, atms, a supermarket and lots of café’s with wifi. The rooms are big and clean. The terrace is a slice of heaven after hours of sightseeing and walking just return home and put your feet on the couch and rest. This was my first trip to Ubud and Bali and White Lotus makes is worth returning to Ubud! I came to relax and to do a bit of sight-seeing, and this place made both things possible. Sandeh you and White Lotus will always have a special place in my heart. The room price is wrong on this tripadvisor website, even though Sandeh tried to correct it. Send Sandeh and email and get everything confirmed quickly and professionally.
Hope to stay with you again next time I’m in Bali.
Lots of warm regards from Nisanthi

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank NT12

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Awe-inspiring!
A truly magnificent, enlightening and awe-inspiring experience. The yoga / meditation, accommodation and location is outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Tanya H
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed 3 weeks at this wonderful place in June and I felt I found paradise and totally enjoy my stay.  Quality price is definitely on of the best option in Ubud.  Located on a beautiful street within walking distance to downtown as well as the beautiful rice fields were you can go for a walk and discover the authentic Ubud.  Both rooms has a beautiful private terrace where you will definitely enjoy hanging out and relaxing, terraces are overlooking the beautiful private garden with the jungle and rice fields view.  There is a small waterfall located right behind the garden so you can ear the relaxing and inspiring sound of the water.  I many times enjoyed a home delivery healthy food on the terrace, most of the restaurants in Ubud do home delivery.

Room is beautifully decorated with a super comfortable bed equipped with mosquito net.  Bathroom is just wow! with great hot shower (you will never be missing hot water).

You already did yoga and/or meditation or you are a beginner and want to experience it (must in Ubud), you will be totally amazed by the yoga-meditation studio located on top of the house.  Intimate place with stunning view (saw people crying over the spectacular view) where teachers will take time with each student.  Yoga classes each day at 10:00am except Sunday and meditation every Monday and Tuesday.

My personal tip: book the place for the length of stay you are planning to stay in Ubud.  Sometime we book only for 1-2 or 3 days because we want to check and experiment the place first but this is a sure bet and I guaranteed you will be disappointed if you want to extend your stay and they are already full.  There are only two rooms so they get full quite quickly.

If you are a woman traveling alone and are looking for a save, beautiful, comfortable, clean and inspiring place,  stop searching around and just book this place you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: What ever room you get you will enjoy it. The one in the back could be some what more private.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo