“If you are searching for paradise, this is your place...”

White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre
Ranked #43 of 620 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed 3 weeks at this wonderful place in June and I felt I found paradise and totally enjoy my stay.  Quality price is definitely on of the best option in Ubud.  Located on a beautiful street within walking distance to downtown as well as the beautiful rice fields were you can go for a walk and discover the authentic Ubud.  Both rooms has a beautiful private terrace where you will definitely enjoy hanging out and relaxing, terraces are overlooking the beautiful private garden with the jungle and rice fields view.  There is a small waterfall located right behind the garden so you can ear the relaxing and inspiring sound of the water.  I many times enjoyed a home delivery healthy food on the terrace, most of the restaurants in Ubud do home delivery.

Room is beautifully decorated with a super comfortable bed equipped with mosquito net.  Bathroom is just wow! with great hot shower (you will never be missing hot water).

You already did yoga and/or meditation or you are a beginner and want to experience it (must in Ubud), you will be totally amazed by the yoga-meditation studio located on top of the house.  Intimate place with stunning view (saw people crying over the spectacular view) where teachers will take time with each student.  Yoga classes each day at 10:00am except Sunday and meditation every Monday and Tuesday.

My personal tip: book the place for the length of stay you are planning to stay in Ubud.  Sometime we book only for 1-2 or 3 days because we want to check and experiment the place first but this is a sure bet and I guaranteed you will be disappointed if you want to extend your stay and they are already full.  There are only two rooms so they get full quite quickly.

If you are a woman traveling alone and are looking for a save, beautiful, comfortable, clean and inspiring place,  stop searching around and just book this place you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: What ever room you get you will enjoy it. The one in the back could be some what more private.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank IsadeMTL

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed in White Lotus for 3 days in June 2012. Whilst Ubud has become pretty (over)crowded, these appartments cab be found a five minute walk away from the original centre of the town, where the temple and market are. However, none of the noise and activities will disturb a very relaxed stay at White Lotus. A wonderful bed, clean room, great shower and a private terrace will make you at ease while watching the beautifully established garden. Staff are very nice and will help you. Take a walk for twenty minutes and be amidst ricefields with a few but very nice restaurants for a great lunch or dinner (on your way home fireflies will guide you. Bring a flashlight though, 'cos we saw a rather big snake crossing the road, we we wouldn't have like to step on). Very nice place!

R 'n' R

1  Thank Killabaloo
Reviewed June 4, 2012

White Lotus is the charming home of a woman with a larger-than-life attitude. Wise, vibrant and beautiful it's owner, Sandeh, had effortlessly made our stay in her place so welcoming, I could spend days just lying in the bed out on the terrace, listening to the sound of water flowing from the waterfalls and just letting my mind wander. The rooms in which we occupied were cozy, neat and pretty. But what I loved the most was the meditation area up on the top floor. You had a spectacular view of the town. She also gives heart chakra meditation classes which is a must while staying here. Spiritual, homey and lively the White Lotus Yoga and Meditation place has made our stay in Bali absolutely wonderful and unforgettable. Thanks so much Sandeh! We will definitely come back ☺

3  Thank jof s
Sandeh_11, Owner at White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

I really appreciate your comments about my house.
One thing I want you to know: Tripadvisor has build up two pages for WHite Lotus; one is called "White Lotus, Ubud" the other one is called with the real name: "White Lotus Yoga & Meditation" in Ubud.
Now I would like to tell people who read this to look at the other one as well, there are beautiful pics and good information there as well.
I do love my guests,
Sandeh

Reviewed May 8, 2012

The owner Sandeh tried to change the price because the price written are for the yoga class. I stayed at White Lotus twice, it was a great experience, the rooms are clean, very private because thre is only two rooms. The rooms are kept very clean, the patio is beautiful. I have a wonderful time there. The upper floor ( the yoga studio) is beautiful especially at sunset. Chakra meditation was amazing and yoga too. I would go back there anytime. Definitively the best place in Ubud.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Alicelamenace
Reviewed May 4, 2012

A friend of mine and I stayed at this lovely oasis for 4 days in April. What a sanctuary. Two rooms on the lower level of the owner's house, with a gorgeous patio overlooking a lush garden and a view of waterfalls, rice fields and mountains. And a yoga studio on the top floor; classes daily. I felt like I was staying with family. No pool or onsite food or coffee service but restaurants close by and just a short walk to the main Ubud Rd. Really beautiful place. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank NitaLuann
Sandeh_11, Owner at White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Dear Luann,

thank you for your review!!! It is always exciting for me to read what people writes about my place.
You were among my dearest guest, I loved you beeing here and enjoying this space with me.
I hope you will come back or at least your review will help others to come and have a similar experience.
Thanks again and...all my love from Ubud,
Sandeh

Reviewed April 11, 2012

White Lotus is a really special place owned by a nice lady.
Although it's in the center of Ubud it's a really quiet place with a beautiful garden and a spiritual rooftop with a tremendous view over Ubud and its rice paddies around.
By the sound of a real waterfall and the cool breeze from the mountains you can follow great yoga courses every morning by a professional teacher on the rooftop of the house. Every evening you can follow meditation courses underneath the star filled sky! Both courses are also open for people who do not stay in the house.
The rooms are beautiful, tasteful and spotless.
I had a really special time here and so I recommend everybody to visit this place!

5  Thank e s
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Communicated with the owner by email under a mistaken assumption that the rooms rented for only $6 or $7 per night. Below is what is still on Trip Advisor.

White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre, Ubud
$6 - $7 *
No photo provided
Ranked #119 of 482 Bali B&B and Inns
Ranked #34 of 108 B&Bs / Inns in Ubud
4.5 of 5 stars 9 reviews

After we were quoted a higher price by the owner, and it was obvious a mix up had occurred, we immediately replied explaining the mix up and wishing her well in her endeavors.
What we received in reply shocked us. We were ridiculed and accused of costing her business due to customers we had deprived her of...even though we had not confirmed the reservation and were days away from our arrival dates.
Some people are not well suited to the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank maxtraveler2
Sandeh_11, Owner at White Lotus Yoga & Meditation Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thanks so much for your review.
It is a pitty, usually you would not be allowed to write about a place you have never seen or visited
before, which is the case...so please give me the chance to show you what Ubud offers to its guests