Review Highlights

Reviewed 4 days ago
linlinyip
Hong Kong, China
via mobile
We actually made these beautiful pendants!

Our favorite experience while visiting the Ubud area was a morning spent at Chez Monique with... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $59.25
from $30.00
from $44.00
1,250 results
All reviews jewellery making his team design your own beautiful ring finished product beautiful pieces unique experience family compound whole process great activity every step of the way lovely morning few hours three hours from scratch pendant workshop
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

From beginning drafting the design to the end finally made a ring, step by step to complete, nice staff, will surely come again

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Our favorite experience while visiting the Ubud area was a
morning spent at Chez Monique
with patient, creative instructor Hah-ree (phoenetic spelling).

Without a thimble-full of previous experience by either of us, we came away with our most treasured reminder of Bali.

Incredible!
Suggestion? Don't spend hours shopping for a spectacular piece of jewelry, make a one-of-a-kind piece for yourself‍♀️

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My sister had been here a few years ago and recommended it, she still wears the beautiful necklace she made...I went with my friends, I made a beautiful bangle and they made some really gorgeous earrings. The staff on hand are so helpful and friendly and the prices are so reasonable. Such a memorable and fun day out. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Chez Monique is a great place to do an out of the box vacation activity. The employees are super knowledgeable and helpful. The experience was truly one of a kind.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

With the expert help of on site silversmiths, I made a beautiful pair of earrings, including setting some stones. One on one attention makes a difference.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Loved this experience! Took our kids aged 14 / 11 & 9. We each designed & made a piece of jewellery - total time approx 2 hours. Guided and helped by very friendly staff. Loved it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The silversmiths here are very talented, kind and patient. They guide you through the process of design, manufacture and finishing. Even if you haven't done anything like this before you will be fine, my boyfriend managed it and he is somewhat heavy handed... We ended up with a unique ring each (we are going to use them as our wedding bands) and the price was very fair. I would highly recommend this as an activity.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

If you are traveling thru Ubud, Bali and want to participate in something fun and local, this is a great place. My group did not make a reservation, but we were able to show up and find a place to sit and participate. Wayan Sunarta is the master silversmith and guides you thru the entire process of looking at idea books, sketching out patterns, cutting the pieces of silver out, and getting to the final product. The staff is very patient and friendly and you are able to go at your own pace and ask for assistance as needed. One thing I really liked was the ability to "shadow" the silversmiths as they helped me work thru parts of my bracelet and join in where I could. You can expect to spend about 2.5 hours there for a simple piece. I highly recommend this place as a way to take a piece of Bali with you.

1  Thank Lauren T
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Wayan was a great instructor and I am so happy with the result! I will come back to Ubud again just so I can go on the course! Do it. You won’t regret it.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

I had no experience in jewellery making but instructors made it very easy. First you draw your design on paper. You can either google designs or they have some display folders with images. Then they help you cut and design your piece. It was very easily and very enjoyable. I wish I had more time here. I would definitely go back and would definitely recommend to a friend. You stay for as long as you need to finish your piece. You can make more than once piece too.

1  Thank Mik853