“Fantastic”

Ranked #3 of 66 Classes & Workshops in Ubud
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Expert silversmiths teach students how to fashion 10 grams of silver into jewelry.
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Really excellent. The staff was so friendly & very helpful & as my sister said if you can't do it they can. Will be going to do it again next time I'm in Bali

Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Thank you for giving us such a fabulous morning! My husband was really reluctant and only went to humor me. When we left he was wanting to make another (and so was I). We both cut our chosen designs out of silver ourselves, but let the experts finish them off and make them look amazing, though they did offer to let us do it. I'm extremely happy with my piece and we can't wait to give our son the pendant my husband made for him. Our only criticism is that it was difficult for our driver to find, we came up from Umalas and out driver was not overly familiar with the area and we went past it because he was looking for the Chez Monique name, so maybe a more obvious sign?
Thanks again, and we can't wait to come back!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The idea of making my own jewelry was very enticing so I had to try this for myself. I travel by myself but the classes are given in a group which is nice. Wayan came and greeted each of us with a massive smile followed by a hug. A hug that felt very genuine in fact.

The class was not strict and all the students went at their rate (some fast, some slower) and it was fine with Wayan to walk around and assist all who needed his help. His assistants were also very present and would help "fix" our mistakes over and over again. I happen to have snapped my ring a few times and felt embarrassed by it, but Wayan smiled and said he will fix it without any problem. The entire experience was very pleasant and of course, the end result being able to walk away with a unique hand crafted jewelry is just cherry on top.

If you have free time and would like to create a souvenir like no other, than please consider this silver smith class.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had come along to this class with an idea in mind of what I wanted, but since it involved setting too many stones, they said it wouldn't be ready that day. I decided then to just choose a design from one of their many books and go with that. (In the end I did get to set a stone and take it home that same day.)

There are so many designs to choose from I don't think anyone would have a problem in finding something to suit. I chose a lotus - possibly a little on the complex side for a beginner.

I have to admit I felt super clumsy as I have never done anything like this before, and I broke quite a few blades while cutting out my design, but the guys are so friendly and helpful, they just sorted it out for me. Apart from anything else, it's fascinating watching the guys work and seeing how silver jewellery is made.

I went with a group of others and our designs ranged in complexity, but all of us had a great time and have great souvenirs to take home with us. :-)

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I returned for a second class after an excellent experience last year. With help made 2 wonderful pieces of memorable jewelery that I will treasure forever. Warm and welcoming teacher,staff and family. Worth every cent.