“Fabulous experience!”

Ranked #2 of 60 Classes & Workshops in Ubud
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Expert silversmiths teach students how to fashion 10 grams of silver into jewelry.
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous experience!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Its great to do something a little out of the ordinary and then come home with a wonderful souvenir to remind you of a trip. Meeting wonderful Wayan and his family, and making a piece of jewellery. A fabulous experience. Highly highly recommended.

1 Thank JSDM

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“dissapointed”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I booked this class in advance of the trip and had confirmation by email - I was very excited about it but the silversmith never showed up despite being telephoned by a shopkeeper next door. We sat out in the pouring rain wandering around for over an hour just in case. I'm sure this is probably wonderful but have your guesthouse call before you go to make sure there are no misunderstandings.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank whipray33
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience for my 10 year old & me!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

From the beginning to the end we felt very at home doing the Chez Monique jewellery course! It was a very hands on morning for us and an experience to be in a family compound. We love the 2 pieces that we made and wouldn't hesitate to go back and do it all again!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank RenBSC
Singapore
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Interesting experience but a bit hard to find”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Situated in a cluster of houses in the heart of Ubud, this gives you a taste of what being an artisan in Bali is like for a few hours. I gained much more appreciation of handmade jewelry after struggling to make my own; it was still good fun overall.

We took at cab from Sanur (approx 40 mins) to the location but the frazzled cab driver got quite lost. Also, classes are kept small (around 6 persons) so reservations are recommended.

2 Thank jacqabong
Ladysmith, Canada
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Fun to try and be creative”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Staff very helpful and my husband and I made some pretty nice jewellery. You could hve your own disign or make something similar to what was in the store. Great price for about $35 each.