“So much fun.”

Ranked #2 of 56 Classes & Workshops in Ubud
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Expert silversmiths teach students how to fashion 10 grams of silver into jewelry.
Lafayette, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“So much fun.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Be warned, you will want to create more items once you get started. Friendly and very helpful, I have not done anything like this before and really enjoyed it.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Jean2601

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Woody Point, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing, Awesome, Incredible, Fantastic, Stupendous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

what more can I say! I totally loved doing this class in every way possible. I was saying to Sunarta (the owner) that this was my favourite experience in my whole Bali trip. I've been to Bali 5 times and none have come back with a memory such as this.

As a female, I love jewellery. What female doesn't? This was no exception. To have the opportunity to create a piece out of silver on my very own, was just brilliant! I took my 13 year old daughter with me and we had such a great time, we went back a week later!

Sunarta was the most warm hearted, beautiful soul. He welcomed us into his compound (family+ extended family housing lot) with open arms (literally!) and shared his world with us. He and his wife, Monik, were just wonderful. Monik makes the best ginger tea (Sorry Sunarta, your tea was not quite the same, as lovely as it was ;o) ) He is very well spoken and easy to understand. He guided us into what choices we could make or design our own. He and his 'mates' assisted us to cutting, sawing and stamping our own piece as we desired. Then his mates soldered ringlets etc and buffed and polished our piece until it looked like a professional had made it! I was blown away (as were others as I'd finished mine) with our creations.

Would I go again? Most definitely! I wouldn't blink a second thought.

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Had the best fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Had a wonderful time - Wayan Sunarta and Monique and their staff are wonderful and the atmosphere in their compound is very welcoming and inviting. Definitely recommend to anyone and I will definitely put this onto my to do list when I next return to Bali

2 Thank Meryl A
Tokyo, Japan
“Great experience - a true recommendation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

A very special thing to do in Ubud; we made our own ring and earrings! Mr Sunarta 'improved' our creations when needed. Nice location, sitting outside in the shadow, in the family premises.

Hong Kong
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Must-do at Ubud”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Mr Sunarta was so friendly and helpful in the whole process, guiding me all along in making my own Ohm ring. It is definitely the highlight of my Ubud trip! There are other silver jewelry-making classes in town, but Sunarta's kind service makes him the best!

1 Thank Diksco