“A great experience”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“A great experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

They give you a very good explanation of how batik is made and then you proceed to making your own. Since I studied fashion design it was really up my alley but I was surprised to see how even my husband enjoyed making one. They let you make whatever you like to make and just assist you in the process. Very relaxed atmosphere and no trying to sell you anything. You pay to make your own batik and if you're interested in buying something extra, you'll have to indicate that yourself since, unlike at some other workshops, they don't try to sell stuff in any way.

Highly recommended when you're into arts and crafts.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Noortje

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Yamba Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Nice morning of creativity”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This workshop was very interesting to me as I love fabric and batik. the instructor was a very wise artist who certainly knows his stuff. Ask to see some his work in progress.
I would recommend this class to anyone interested in how traditional batik is made.
It then makes one appreciate how much work goes into making these items .

1 Thank Jak880266
Dublin, Ireland
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was good to see how these things are made but honestly I was bored... It's so old fashioned and out dated... But they do make some amazing items of clothing..

1 Thank shanaabbey
Beijing
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

As in the other reviews, my friend and I had a great day learning about batik with Widya. We chose to trace designs into the center of the fabric. Putting the wax on was really interesting. After some practice on a scrap fabric, I was able to put the lines of wax on the largest part of my design. Widya's helper did the outer parts to help out a bit and move the process along. We used stamps for the borders and then painted in the colors that we wanted. By the time we were done with that we ate lunch which we ordered from a nearby restaurant. Next came more wax. Again, I did some and so did the professionals. They would have done all of it but I wanted to try and they were happy to let me do some. It was amazing watching the dying process and seeing the changes happen like magic until we had pieces that really looked nice. My friend's four year old daughter was entertained by the dogs and chickens, and Widya played with her and caught chicks for her to hold as well as helping us with our projects. You can tell he loves kids. This is one of my favorite Bali experiences. If you are interested in this kind of activity, you shouldn't miss the opportunity! Wonderful teachers, relaxed country atmosphere and fun, fun, fun!

4 Thank SJVBeijing
Berlin, Germany
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

If you want to give Batik a chance, this is the place to do it.
The owner and instructors is wonderful and he explains all the steps so that you will be able to enjoy the process.
Batik is challenging too because you do not see the immediate colour results as you paint the fabric. The sun needs to change the colours and I found this part of the process challenging. I would recommend keeping the colour scheme to a limit for your first time.

2 Thank Joanna M