It's not hell nor is it heaven. If you can find somewhere better, I'd reckon that would be a better option. Let me summarise the good and the bad on Mawar homestay for your convenience.
- Excellent location, very quiet. 5min walk from the palace and from the point of the Ubud short trek route.
- Very near convenience stores
- Looks homely and feels homely
- Clean rooms
- Very very poorly lit rooms. You couldn't see anything at all at night even when ALL the lights are on. I had to use a torch light to search for my stuff in my luggage at night.
- I had 2 bad nights here because someone behind the guesthouse will make LOUD announcements at 3am in the morning!
- Water in the shower. Only 3 small miserable strands of water coming out of the shower head.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideal stay with a Balinese Family in a traditional compound right in the heart of Ubud.The Home Stay is traditional Balinese. The compound is built with love and culture. The two words to describe the Home Stay are simple and seductive. The rooms of Mawar Home Stay comprise single and double rooms with lovely decor. The amenities are very clean and well maintained. In this Home Stay we offer you more than odrinary rooms, we offer you the opportunity to be part of our family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Mawar Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mawar Homestay Ubud, Bali