My wife and I have stayed at Soulshine twice during yoga retreats, and both times had excellent experiences.
- Carla / Wayan / Agung are very attentive to every visitor request, from arranging tours to planning dinner
- The on-site meals are *amazing*
- Close to several "destinations" - Ubud and Mos
- All the rooms are decently-appointed and comfortable
- Has a nice, isolated feel compared to some of the places in Ubud
- Water pressure and temperature in the showers are very inconsistent
- Brief power-outages every night
- A bit of a hike from the property to the road
- On-site scooter rentals are very economical, and you can reach quite a few of the southern Bali attractions on them (given you have good directions)
- The main house rooms are not all equal -- make sure you know what accommodations you're getting (private bath, shared bath, no bath, beds, view, etc)
- Don't get unfiltered water anywhere near your mouth. "Bali Belly" is real and a very miserable experience.
- Going to sleep listening to the Friday night temple performances echoing over the rice paddies is unforgettable
Overall, we'd highly recommend Soulshine to anyone wanting to stay near Ubud. The staff is great, the location is convenient, and the accommodations are very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soulshine Bali, a villa and retreat oasis located just 5 minutes south of Ubud centre. Surrounded by breathtaking views of ancient rice terraces, we invite you to get lost in the magic of Bali. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Soulshine Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soulshine Bali Hotel Ubud
- Soulshine Bali Ubud