“Absolutely breathtaking!”

Ranked #76 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Vancouver, BC
“Absolutely breathtaking!”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Stay here! Stop looking around! Just do it!

The website looked great so I booked a 4 night stay as I had heard great things about Ubud and wanted to adventure about. I ended up staying 9 days and coming back at the end of my trip for another couple of days!

I felt blissed out the entire time I was there... so much so that I think I may have fallen asleep in the pool at one point! The rooms are gorgeous, the staff is like family, the restaurant serves delicious traditional Balinese cuisine as well as some raw food items, the yoga has spoiled me for life! With views of rice fields all around, the sounds of Hindhu temples and the smell of frangiapani, yoga is taken to a whole new level.

There is always something going on in Ubud!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Jagic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Back in July (2011) I spent two nights at Soulshine Bali (reviewing it for a travel guide). I had a fabulous time -- the food (vegan and/or vegetarian) was perfect, the yoga and meditation classes challenging, and I even slept in Michael Franti's bed (Sunset room -- he likes geckos ... who knew?). Can't recommend it enough. My review is posted at Green Traveler Guides (dot) com ... just search for 'Soulshine' /// Michael Straus, Contributing Editor

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank MichaelStraus
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Soulshine lives up to its name. Nestled in paddy fields, a short drive from Ubud this thoughtfully designed boutique resort provides the perfect place to recharge. Peaceful and beautiful with comfortable accommodation, infinity pool, delicious food made from home-grown ingredients and smiling efficient service. Highly, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper floors if possible - they get more breeze
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Located in the middle of beautiful rice fields of Ubud, Soulshine is a perfect place to rejuvenate your mind and body. I enjoyed everything about this place including peaceful atmosphere, comfortable accommodation, amazing swimming pool, excellent food and friendly service. Everyday, I started my day with their special Soulshine juice or fresh coconut juice and amazing raw food or other tasty breakfast. I was not with the yoga retreat group but they welcomed me to join the yoga and meditation class in the yoga room overlooking the rice fields...it was the most wonderful yoga experience I've ever had in my life . In the afternoon, I relaxed by the swimming pool or went out to the central Ubud which is very close by for shopping and dining. Ubud offers variety of unique boutiques and excellent restaurants. I am planning on returning to Soulshine very soon!

Room Tip: If you are a couple, the Sunset Room or Fire Fly Room will be romantic!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I was traveling alone to meet up with some friends in Bali and Soulshine was recommended to me. I decided to stay here as the place looked beautiful and the staff was very friendly. Staying at Soulshine made my visit to Ubud more memorable. Soulshine was a great place to relax and enjoy the beauty all around me, be that getting a massage, doing yoga in their open air studio, laying around the pool, or enjoying a thunderstorm from the balcony. This place just seemed to be magical. Not to mention the cook would make my meals even more spicy, definite plus in my book!

I loved it so much, I decided to plan a group trip and rent the entire facility next year. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Brisbane
Reviewed September 24, 2011

A beautiful new retreat just a short drive out of ubud. Friendly and welcoming staff and wonderful views and ambience. They have a resident yoga instructor as well as occasional groups on yoga retreat. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GirlBrissie001
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We held our yoga retreat at this hotel and it was phenomenal in every way. The food was freshly cooked to order and extremely tasty. The hotel was clean and had beautiful views of the rice fields and a temple. The Staff was exceptional! They always went above and beyond to make you feel at home and were always smiling. Thank You, Soulshine for the best Bali experience ever!

Room Tip: If possible, stay in the main house to enjoy the best views
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business