“Fabulous value for money”

Skin Spa & Organic Waxing Salon
Ranked #44 of 219 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: At SKIN, it's all about your skin -- looking and feeling your best, the natural way! We deliver a range of relaxing, skin-nourishing, anti-aging, high-end body treatments the way you want -- from the heart. Great for after-sun rejuvenation, skin toning, or anytime! Certified Therapists, Sterilized Equipment, Genuine Quality, Traditionally Inspired, Pure Essential Oils -- all at reasonable prices, easy and convenient.
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had the great pleasure of visiting Skin spa several times in January and each time, we were blown away by the experience in terms of value for money. Note that there are 2 Skin spa's in Ubud & we went to the newer one on Jalan Sanginggan. The salon itself is stylish & inviting, the staff are so gentle and accommodating and the treatments bliss. Each time we went, there were expats living in Ubud there, all saying this was the best spa in town. All the ladies, overseen by Nyomen, are so lovely & Rai does amazing hot stone massages, Budi brilliant antioxidant facials and Rita wonderful pedicures. The prices are fantastic too (12,000 for 1hr massage, 27,500 for top quality anti oxidant facial) so we wont bother looking at other spa's next time we return to Ubud!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I went to the new location (just north of Ubud, on the main road) and was really impressed. Was recommended by locals.
Relaxing experience, nice staff, great massage. Best value for money spa i've been to in Indonesia. Nice that they use skin care range with no nasty palm oil/chemicals which is not tested on animals. Will go back next visit.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Skin was recommended to me by an expat living in Ubud. I had two massages here during my stay in Ubud. The Skin Therapy massage (1 hr) and the Stone Therapy Massage. The Skin Therapy massage was pure bliss. It started off with a flower petal foot bath (necessary from walking around in sandals all day). During the massage, the right amount of pressure was applied (I had a few kinks to work out which required a bit of effort for the lady) and I left feeling exceptional. The Stone Therapy massage was good but I really could have used a lot more pressure (which is hard to do with the stones). It was the first stone massage I have had so perhaps this just isn’t the type of massage for me. It was very relaxing and something I would recommend if you would rather someone didn’t try to hit your trigger points with their elbow.

Skin books up quickly. I was unable to get an appointment on the spot by walking up. But they did schedule me in for the next day. I would recommend calling a day or two ahead for your appointment. I also wanted to get a manicure/pedicure there but they were booked full on the days I was available. I heard the pedicure is excellent and I wish I had dropped by sooner to book in. They use OPI nailpolish. The Sukin brand of skin products are used in the massage.
The salon is small but quiet and tranquil. They can accommodate two massage areas and two manicure/pedicure areas at the same time, so no wonder the bookings fill up. It cost 120,000IDR for a 1 hr massage which is roughly $12AUD. This is more expensive than your small street massage place (usually costs $6AUD) but a way better massage and much finer quality oils/lotion (I did get a $6 massage when first in Ubud , the massage was ordinary and the lotion stained my clothing after the massage). The prices at Skin are still cheaper than your larger Spa’s and hotels in Bali. Pedicures/Manicures at Skin range from $7-$12 depending on what you want to get. For the price this is a great spend. I will go back here the next time I am in Ubud.

1  Thank SmileyJane33
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I almost don't want to review this place so that I can keep it to myself. It's already quite popular with tourists but by no means overwhelmed. The service is still intimate, and feels special. I went for a facial, I was greeted with a glass of cold ginger & cinnamon tea, then my feet were washed in flower water. They probably used about 7 different products on my face, leaving it luminous and supple. The facial is also accompanied with short massages to the arms and legs. I would've gone again if time permitted. The price for the facials are on the higher but still on the affordable side (more on the Rp 200,000 side than the Rp 400,000 side)

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Re the Skin Spa in Jl Raya Sanggingan across the road from Kopi Kats; my partner had a feet and legs relaxation treatment then a facial on another day. She gives it 10/10 for both visits. We both booked for a full body massage together.
As one walks through the door, the relaxation begins. Music, scents, decor and calmness prevailed to produce a relaxed readiness for an indulgent experience.
I was fully pleased with the massage style (comprehensive and eclectic). Both masseuses asked us about the firmness of touch and Ratna modified the strength of massage for me accordingly.
The overall massage experience was fully relaxing and positive for mind and body. If there was traffic outside, I admit I did not hear it at all! The cost was well worth the benefits!!