“A great little spa”

Skin Spa & Organic Waxing Salon
Ranked #43 of 219 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: At SKIN, it's all about your skin -- looking and feeling your best, the natural way! We deliver a range of relaxing, skin-nourishing, anti-aging, high-end body treatments the way you want -- from the heart. Great for after-sun rejuvenation, skin toning, or anytime! Certified Therapists, Sterilized Equipment, Genuine Quality, Traditionally Inspired, Pure Essential Oils -- all at reasonable prices, easy and convenient.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went to a total of four spas in Ubud, all of which are highly recommended on Tripadvisor. Out of those, Jaens Spa and Skin were the only two that we would go back to.

I’d read that the antioxidant facial at Skin was brilliant, so that was what we booked ourselves in for. The treatment certainly lived up to the high praise that people have given it and the positive comments were evidently spot on. We had five facial treatments that week and the one at Skin was by far the best. It was more expensive, but you get what you pay for and it was excellent value for money.

Nyomen was also really helpful in making a reservation for us at Melting Wok just across the street. It’s worth combining a visit to both, as a relaxing spa treatment followed by a tasty meal was a nice way to end the day. The food at Melting Wok is very good and Geraldine makes a real effort to engage with her guests and make everybody feel welcome.

Next time I’m in Ubud, I’ll definitely go back to Skin and try one of the other treatments they offer.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just come back from the most amazing antioxidant facial at skin spa. It was honestly world class. I would have paid four times what I paid for the same standard of facial in London.

As soon as you walk in to this spa you can smell to gorgeous organic products and feel the calm ambiance of the place.

My feet were washed in in warm bowl full of petals, my hands, feet and back were massaged while the mask was drying and Amy worked miracles on my congested skin. I have never felt so relaxed after a facial!

The products smelt so fresh, no chemicals and everything was carried out with the utmost professionalism.

As soon as it was over I booked another one! A must as a spa experience, you won't regret it.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I've had brazilian wax for almost 3 years always backhome. Was really nervious about having it abroad. Then I saw one review here about the wax so I tried it and it was beyond my expectations. So little pain and so well done! And reeeally cheap compairing to home! Awesome job, very friendly.

4  Thank Ks006
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went here multiple times because we loved it so much. The first time for an eyebrow and upper lip wax for me, the second time for a pedicure for me and a facial for him, and the third time for a facial and arm wax for me and a foot massage for him. Every single treatment we had was completely professional and effective.

The girl who did my waxing was extremely thorough, and asked me multiple times to check that everything was to my satisfaction. She was also very professional when I found any stray hairs, unlike therapists at other places who sometimes get defensive.

The facials were also to a very high standard, and you could feel how precise and careful each movement and step was.

I quite enjoyed my pedicure. Although we had daily spa treatments during our holiday, this was the only pedicure I had, as I don't trust the hygiene practises at other spas in bali. Skin seems to have very strong policies on hygiene, and I felt comfortable and safe having a pedicure here.

The salon (including the bathroom) is probably the cleanest I've seen in bali. It was also refreshing to be at a place where they didn't have staff standing outside trying to get clients - they are so popular that you need to book a day in advance. In my opinion it is well worth the wait.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had a leg exfoliantion, leg wax and eyebrow wax all for 195k rupiah. The room was ok with each treatment area separated by white curtains although this did not provide any privacy in terms of noise from other clients. The girls who treated me were lovely, very thorough so did a good job of the waxing. I wouldn't go there for a massage, as i would prefer a more serene environment (give me spa music and incense anyday) but, for waxing, it was good and great value