“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Skin Spa & Organic Waxing Salon

Skin Spa & Organic Waxing Salon
Ranked #29 of 197 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
More attraction details
Owner description: At SKIN, it's all about your skin -- looking and feeling your best, the natural way! We deliver a range of relaxing, skin-nourishing, anti-aging, high-end body treatments the way you want -- from the heart. Great for after-sun rejuvenation, skin toning, or anytime! Certified Therapists, Sterilized Equipment, Genuine Quality, Traditionally Inspired, Pure Essential Oils -- all at reasonable prices, easy and convenient.
Sydney, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went here multiple times because we loved it so much. The first time for an eyebrow and upper lip wax for me, the second time for a pedicure for me and a facial for him, and the third time for a facial and arm wax for me and a foot massage for him. Every single treatment we had was completely professional and effective.

The girl who did my waxing was extremely thorough, and asked me multiple times to check that everything was to my satisfaction. She was also very professional when I found any stray hairs, unlike therapists at other places who sometimes get defensive.

The facials were also to a very high standard, and you could feel how precise and careful each movement and step was.

I quite enjoyed my pedicure. Although we had daily spa treatments during our holiday, this was the only pedicure I had, as I don't trust the hygiene practises at other spas in bali. Skin seems to have very strong policies on hygiene, and I felt comfortable and safe having a pedicure here.

The salon (including the bathroom) is probably the cleanest I've seen in bali. It was also refreshing to be at a place where they didn't have staff standing outside trying to get clients - they are so popular that you need to book a day in advance. In my opinion it is well worth the wait.

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Perfectly fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had a leg exfoliantion, leg wax and eyebrow wax all for 195k rupiah. The room was ok with each treatment area separated by white curtains although this did not provide any privacy in terms of noise from other clients. The girls who treated me were lovely, very thorough so did a good job of the waxing. I wouldn't go there for a massage, as i would prefer a more serene environment (give me spa music and incense anyday) but, for waxing, it was good and great value

Visited November 2012
Madrid, Spain
“Disappointing nail work”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I recently visited Skin spa during a holiday in Ubud and was highly disappointed. Its prices are higher than other spas in town but I thought that the image they portray might be related to a better quality and hence higher prices. Big mistake!

I had a full manicure and a pedicure of very low quality, with irregular finishing. I started asking for a French manicure but after they applied the white layer, with a very low quality nail polish (which looked cheap and tacky, with unevenness in its spread) I had to ask to have it removed and go for an ordinary manicure. I was surprised by the limited choice of colors for nail polish.

They announce an 18 step process for manicure, which supposedly means higher quality, but I came out with unevenly filed nails, bits of skin around the nail not removed (I had to finished it myself when back at the hotel) and a very rough skin after the treatment (I had to apply lots of moisturizer afterwards when (again) back at the hotel).

All this experience for the "reasonable" price of 270,000 Rp (around 27 USD), which for Ubud prices I find high and not at all worth.
If you want a mani-pedi there are thousands of other options in Ubud that would give you a better result or the same (bad quality) but a a lower price.

Visited August 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Strong need for improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was my third holiday in Ubud (always staying 2 - 4 weeks) and needing a manicure and a pedicure I decided to try Skin spa, which I did not know yet and looked quiet nice and clean. I usually go to Milano spa (beside Monkey Forest Road) where my husband and I get the best manicures and pedicures, but this time I wanted something new and fancier.

I had to book one day in advance; it seemed quite busy and this increased my anticipation but I was disappointed by the result. I was told the whole treatment would last 1 hour, but after 1 hour and 15 minutes I had to ask the ladies to finish speedily as I had an appointment I could not miss.
The filing of the nails was a disaster, nails were irregular, left side higher than the right side till the point that I asked one hand not to be filed at all. The feet . . . . the same, some toes have very short nails and others regular nails. It must be said that the light is very poor where this treatments are made, but that is not an excuse for the irregularity.
The choice of nail polish colors is quite limited. They take pride in offering OPI, but they did not have any green or blue shade; luckily I had brought my own shade of blue (which by the way I had discovered at one of the treatments in Milano before).
The polish in my nails was spread unevenly and some spots were untarnished.

It is a place I would not recommend and where I would not come back. I would rather go to shabby Milano.
Recommendation to management: it would be good if you could allow payment by card; only cash is accepted.

Visited August 2012
Wien
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“very good facial, good massage, ok pedicure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

quite clean+professional place.
the facial ( i did it twice) was really great.
the massage wasn't one of the best i ever had, but ok.
the pedicure was not really worth it's money - i would not get back for that.

++++ for being organic