Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great!!

I did a warm stone massage, but the therapist was very skilled. A massage that is worth paying for!!

Reviewed 2 days ago
shimataniemi
Kobe, Japan
Amazing, professional massage in an Elvish Castle...

Ok maybe it wasn't an Elvish Castle but it sure felt like one! Ayu took me off to the room for my... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
MegathaAlice

Recommended experiences in and around Ubud
from $25.00
from $30.00
from $50.00
from $65.00
More Info
All reviews esalen massage body scrub thai massage mandi lulur lomi lomi floral bath mani pedi treatment rooms minute massage relaxing massage amazing massage yoga classes ginger tea full body central ubud yogurt dek
Selected filters
Reviewed October 28, 2019 via mobile

First of all I can only review about our single and first visit. The water feature is quite smelly, walking through it to the room doesn’t feel as purifying as it should be. The person who gave oil massage was really not skilled, she did everything it suppose to be but just did not hit the spot, I communicated where the problem area, but wasn’t much of help. I had a beach massage by an old lady in a simple roadside hut in Jimbaran, it was 1/3 of the price but triple the effect. The staff gave us 20% discount for our bad experience, however, not worth it.

Date of experience: October 2019
LisaUbud, Public Relations Manager at Taksu Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2019

Dear minimoss_d,

We are sorry to read about your experience at Taksu. On behalf of Taksu I offer my sincerest apologies.

In response to your point about the water, I want to let you know that water is currently an issue in Bali due to the extended dry season. Normally, the rainy season has started by this time and the river that runs through the property is flowing freely. The Taksu Maintenance staff are regularly in the river clearing it of obstructions and waste that is dumped in the river further upstream.

The Spa Therapist also offers her sincerest apologies, although she believed that she was following your instructions. This does not take away from your disappointing experience. As a result, we are setting up language classes to help our Therapists understand customer requests more clearly.

Once again our apologies. When you are in Ubud again, please contact us and come to Taksu so we can create a much better experience for you.

Jero Wulan
Taksu Marketing Advisor

Reviewed October 27, 2019

The mani/pedi room has a beautiful view overlooking the trees. The therapists Tari and Rika were so lovely and did a great job with our nails. Everything was clean and presented well.

Date of experience: October 2019
LisaUbud, Public Relations Manager at Taksu Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2019

Dear ClaireVC95,

On behalf of Tari, RIka and all the other talented Taksu spa therapists, thanks so much for taking the time to send your compliments about our mani / pedi service provided in our beautiful setting. We so much appreciate guests that share their experience with other Tripadvisor users.

When you need a touch-up, please make an appointment with the same lovely ladies.

Reviewed October 22, 2019

Taksu Spa offers so many different options for massages I wasn't sure what to choose. I decided to pick the Ayurvedic Yoga Massage because I've never done anything like that before (they use their hands and feet and put you in different positions to massage you). I wasn't sure what to expect but it was absolutely AMAZING. Best massage I've ever gotten hands down. I always struggle with massages because I like ALOT of pressure and I feel like I never quite get someone strong enough to give me the pressure I am looking for. Not the case here. I was given a sheet of paper to fill out before going into the massage which asked me how much pressure I wanted and required me to circle which areas of the body I would like to focus on. The pressure was absolutely perfect and the woman who massaged me was looking at my chart the entire time and hitting all of the areas I circled. Not to mention, the premises are beautiful and the room I received this massage in was stunning. Super happy with my decision to go here and the slightly more expensive price was absolutely worth it.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
LisaUbud, Public Relations Manager at Taksu Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2019

Dear laurentaibi,

Indeed this is a very unique, yet powerful form of massage, particularly when the therapists are as well trained as ours are. And cetainly the massage is even better when the setting is so beautiful.

Hope you can return again for another special treat.

Reviewed October 19, 2019

The SPA appointment booked via WhatsApp is very convenient. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The SPA package I selected was Royal Luhur Mandi. The floral bath was fantastic! I arrived in the late afternoon thus I felt mosquito but of course it was taken care of. One last piece of advice: Male therapist is very common in Bali. If you are concerned about this, please make it clear during your booking.

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank imotoyo
LisaUbud, Public Relations Manager at Taksu Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2019

Dear imotoyo,

Indeed, many folks are happy with our WhatApp booking method as it is so easy and the price is right. We are always happy to choose a female therapist on your behalf if this is the preference. Our male therapists are very good, however.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2019

So...we were quite excited to find this Spa in Ubud- the reviews and pictures looked amazing!
NOT. Was a really hot afternoon, and we were just dying to cool down in some nice air con and enjoy some pampering Instead we had to trek up lots of outdoor stairs and sit out in the heat on a weird chair backwards. I was dripping while my girl did a bit of a massage before taking us all into a another hot room where we were supposed to get our luxurious foot and hand scrubthere was a teaspoon at most of powder/ scrub substance on each of their trays. The brochure stated massage and mani/pedi included but we were told to pick one.....flimsiest pedicure i’ve Ever had -not much was going on there - I picked a pale pink which ended up smudged and not very nice. They all sniggered and talked under their breath to each other; my younger sister getting quite insulted that they were laughing and talking about us in their own language. We felt very unwelcome.
Then one asked me why I looked so tired as I was red and sweaty from the heat. I felt like saying -I only look like this as I’m Burning up from the heat! Not a good experience. They should clean the water in their ponds and up keep the premises a bit better as well. There are so many other spas in Ubud to pick from- competition is fierce...they need to lift there game.

Dear YveyJ,

The team at Taksu are always sad to read reviews such as yours as we know how disappointed and frustrated you felt, especially given the heat. However, we appreciate the opportunity to reply.

Chair Massage.
Taksu offers our sincerest apologies for your experience in this chair as it can be new to people. Therefore, we will make sure our staff better educate our customers in advance about the chair design. However, I would like to assure you that as much as it does have a weird backwards feel, the benefits of a Chair Massage are numerous. It is a dry massage that spends a lot of focus on your back, shoulders, neck & head, relieving lots of pressure on a busy body. Yet, we do understand about the heat as the temperature has definitely been increasing as we get closer to the wet season. We will move the Chair Massage chairs to a different space to account for this.

Hands and Feet Scrub with OPI Nail Envy Treatment
This treatment is designed to strengthen your nails. It is a Nail treatment, not a manicure or pedicure. Again Taksu and the Spa Manager apologize for the therapists' lack of understanding with the Treatment you chose. The Spa Manager is reviewing the protocol around the treatments to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Staff
There is absolutely no excuse for the behaviour of our staff and those involved are being counselled. It is certainly against our guest service policies.

Ponds
Theý are part of a real river running through the property and sometimes, unfortunately, we are at the mercy of people further upstream. Our gardening team are in the ponds and the river on a regular basis trying to keep them clean, but sadly that is not always possible.

Thank you for your points and your views, they will definitely help us find and make the extra steps to improve our services.

Our marketing manager will be in direct contact to further apologize for our poor performance. We can assure you that your experience is not representative of our high standards and as described above steps are already in place to ensure no further guests are made to feel so uncomfortable.