“Beautiful location!!”
Review of Ubud Aura

Ubud Aura
Ranked #101 of 598 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Ubud aura is located in town just off monkey forest road.

We stayed in a deluxe double room which is a traditional balinese style decor. It was beautifully set out and romantic.

Location is fantastic if your planning on doimg some yoga and meditation. The pool was lovely and breakfast was a great selection.

Unfortunately we only stayed 2 nights but would loved to have stayed for weeks.

It is a quiet location and the gardens are divine.

Highly recommended for all travellers!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Justine G

Reviewed July 25, 2013

After staying in a resort with a friend, I had one more night as a solo traveller. As I was going to the Yoga Barn I found this place right next door, so it was convenient to stay there and affordable. I stayed in a deluxe room upstairs which was huge, clean and basic. The bathroom was clean with a spa bath with a shower head that I could not attach anywhere above me which was a bit awkward as I had to hold the shower head while washing. It rained on the one day I stayed there so I didn't get a chance to enjoy the poolside which looked pleasant. I also didnt have time to visit their spa which did have interesting therapies on their menu that I would have liked to have tried, that combine Ayurveda and Bali Ushada treatments, that focus in the lymphatic system.
There is wi fi in the rooms, although sometimes intermittent. Overall the place is value for money, clean, quiet with friendly staff. If you are going to spend some time at the Yoga Barn, this place is very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Lucy S
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This small hotel is two minutes stroll away from the yoga barn, arguably the premier yoga studio.
The rooms are a little jaded, but always clean. The staff are both friendly and efficient. No request is too difficult. Their modest massage facility and ashram studio may be of interest.
There is no lunch or dinner provided but there a few good restaurants close at hand, Siam Sally and Pundi-Pundi to name two. The supplied breakfast is pretty ordinary and that is why I only rated Ubud Aura ifour stars.
A special mention is made of Koming who is in charge of bookings - we were very impressed by her.
I recommend this hotel to yogis and to those who enjoy a small friendly establishment.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room, unless you have children.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Phil F
Reviewed May 24, 2013

You couldn't ask for more from a hotel when Yoga is your main incentive to visit Ubud. The Yoga Barn was right next door, making it so easy and convenient to attend all the classes. The driver who collected me from the airport was so nice, offering some good information on things to do. The room was kept clean and tidy each day, and I felt so special when the staff remembered my name. The only reason I left was because they were fully booked for my last 2 days!!!

Ask to stay in one of the upstairs rooms (superior rooms i think) as they have more light and feel more spacious.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Shaz S
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here originally for only two nights and then extended for 3 more. I just couldn't leave, until I wanted to stay even longer and they were sold out. Boo!! I stayed in one of the shared bathroom rooms, and couldn't have been happier. The price was very reasonable for the quality and amenities offered at the hotel. The poolside breakfast is delicious, although repetitive, but is a great place to meet other guests. The coffee/tea is the only weakness, but hop next door to the Kafe at the Yoga Barn to get your 'fix' if needed. The staff is very friendly, but at first I thought they were 'inattentive' until I observed the culture more through visits around town. The Balinese aren't going to anticipate your needs or get in your way. You need to let them know when you need something and what you need and then they will help you out with an amazing level of service. As long as you keep this in mind, you will get along well here and they will also welcome you with wonderful and genuine smiles. It's a very laid back environment. If you are planning to visit the Yoga Barn a lot, you cannot beat the location. The swimming pool here is great for cooling off in the afternoon!

Room Tip: The shared bathroom option was great for a budget traveler looking to visit the Yoga Barn.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank CityGrl925
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here to do a retreat package that included accommodation, massage treatments and a few yoga classes.
I didn't realise that the Yoga Barn is literally next door, if I had known I probably would not have chosen the retreat package.
Check-in was a breeze, the exteriors and communal areas are beautiful and totally serene.
I stayed in the Lily room for the first 3 nights and it was a big room with a lovely sitting area outside. The bathroom was clean, however could do with a slight renovation.
On my first day, I got food poisoning from a nearby restaurant. The staff found out I was unwell, and they were kind enough to bring me hot water and extra pillows.
Breakfast by the pool is lovely.
The massages I had were fantastic.I had one from the lady and one from the boy who also works at the reception desk. It was incredibly professional and truly relaxing.
The yoga classes were up the road, about a 3-4 minute scooter ride. The yoga was excellent and there were only ever a small number of students. It was nice to be paid the extra attention. I have heard the Yoga Barn has about 15-20 people in their classes at a time. At the Ubud Bodyworks the most people in my class at any time was 3. The only downside was a herbal warm drink they make you drink at the end. It made me want to gag.
Wonderful place to stay and relax. The staff are friendly, helpful and go the extra mile.

Room Tip: Superior rooms do not have balconies. Stay in deluxe if available.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank cherryripe1212
Reviewed April 19, 2013

With the Yoga Barn, in "my back-yard" I knew I had made the right choice where to stay in Bali. I had a awesome one month's stay with some of the most beautiful persons I ever met. My room with private bath was really quite large. Breakfast was very simple, choice of fruit, eggs,,coffee, tea served at a communale table, next to the pool, where you can meet other guests. Wifi was available and was ok.
Massages given at the hotel were awesome. I really loved them. The driver was already waiting for me at the airport. The hotel itself is situated in an alleyway but very near, walking distance, of the center of the Ubud.
There is a shuttle service be it by cab or scooters. I enjoyed my stay very much so and will definitely return to Ubud Aura Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo