“Handy location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ubud Aura

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ubud Aura
Ranked #92 of 521 Specialty Lodging in Ubud
Western Australia
“Handy location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, particularly for yoga lovers. Yoga Barn is right next door along with little K Kafe, other side is Zen spa and next to that a great Thai restaurant. Easy walk into the main streets of Ubud. We were here for Balispirit Festival and it was handy for the shuttle bus. The room was spacious clean and more than adequate for our needs. Breakfast is included and they are happy to do earlier if requested. Airport pick up made things very easy. The staff are lovely, friendly smiling faces and nothing is too much trouble. Would stay here again

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jacqueline S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Oahu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

I found the Ubud Aura through my yoga training class I was taking next door at The Yoga Barn. I had never to Bali so I was a bit nervous taking care of everything online, but Koming and the entire staff were great! Even after arriving at 2am they took great care of me and treated me with amazing hospitality. I stayed in a single room, shared bathroom for a few nights and then upgraded to a private room for the duration of my month stay. Each morning I had an amazing breakfast and enjoyed relaxing by the pool. It is in a great location...not directly in the center of the busy town but within walking distance of everything. I loved being able to look outside and see the rice paddy fields from my room. I will definitely stay here next time I come to Ubud.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank freshbrandee
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed in a delux room as no others were available. I couldn't bring myself to go to something cheaper after they became free because it was just so nice! The delux triple was 500,000 (low season) and had a king bed and a single in it. The room looked new, the staff were professional and as the hotel is back from the road so it was quiet. It's about a 10 minute walk from town but free rides are available if you dont feel like walking. I would definitely stay here again. I looked at the simpler rooms and they looked nice too and were well priced.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ilc168
Ubud, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

After attending yoga next door at the Yoga Barn, I dropped into Ubud Aura to check out the prices, never expecting it to be within my price range since it looked so swanky. I was delighted they had superior rooms for only 300,000 and reserved a room. When I returned the next day, they upgraded me to a deluxe room since they gave my room away. I lived like a queen for two days and loved every single minute! The pool is beautiful, staff is very friendly, free shuttles into the town center, and next door to the Yoga Barn. I had an early morning shuttle at 6:30am and they even prepared me an early breakfast. Thank you so much and I will definitely return!

Room Tip: Splurge for the deluxe rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank AnneXuan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

The staff at the Aura are just amazing.
They help you with anything from room swaps over showing you how they make their fantastic pancakes to even giving you a life to the volcano at 2am. And all that with a smile.
If you are happy to walk a bit , the location is great ... The 10 min walk into the main road will show you a lot of charming little restaurants and shops.
And if you don't feel like walking you can get a free lift from one of the staff.
The rooms are simple but clean and don't lack of anything you would need.
The breakfast gives you a choice between pancakes or your choice of eggs with bread and you can chose between a fresh juice or a fruit salad.
For me it was a perfect light start before going to the yoga next door.
The value is fantastic considering all the service that you get.
I am already planing to go back in March. Thanks Ubud Aura!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

I have previously stayed here (having found it walking to the Yoga Barn which is next door) and came here again on this trip. It is lovely - large quiet rooms with en suites, a large clean pool, and friendly staff. It has a large table where breakfast is served and inevitably you speak with the other guests, most of whom are there because of the yoga barn or some internal search. The breakfasts are good but basic - the breakfast at the Yoga Barn (just next door) is good. The hotel is affiliated with the Ubud Aura Bodyworks (where you can get great massages - try the deep tissue massage and flower bath with salt or cinnamon). Note that the Ubud Aura used to overlook rice paddies, but is now (in part) overlooking a wall where earth works are being undertaken in order to build a hotel. Because of the hotel the Yoga Barn is building another site further down the hill and the entrance to the Yoga Barn will change - I dont know what that will mean to access to the Yoga Barn. Despite all of this uncertainty, I would still stay here and would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alinta B
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I found Ubud Aura on the way walking to yoga barn on the first day of my arrival. I originally booked at Sunti Ubud on the Internet, but when I found this place. I walked in and asked if they had a room available. The staffs were friendly and had great hospitality to show me a room that is much bigger, cheap per, and nicer with a rice field view. I got a standard room on the side that I can enjoy rice field view and early morning sun rise that you can see Mt.Agun from distance on a clear day. At night, I enjoyed the criket sound and can see people going in and out to yoga barn. I walked to take tibetan singing bowl meditation at night at yoga barn, it was only a few steps to get there. The place has ok breafast but I love authentic Balinese coffe that you can make it yourself. I took 2 to 3 pots before my Ashtanga Mysore practice in Nyung tuning... Walking distance to town is ok with flipflop. It close to a famous bebek and ATM, but little bit further from Starbucks coffee. You can get organic snck and coffee at little K at yoga barn and enjoy the sitting area there. I traveled by myself and met up with my girlfrined who stay at 300dollars hotel. The room are much clener and
Wifi was much stronger signal than my friends expensive hotel. You can have hotel drop you off or you take a scooter. Hotel room is clean, bed sheet and bed were excellent like in 4 to 5stars hotel. I stayed for 5 nights and really enjoyed the place.

Room Tip: Room by the side of the walk way by the yogabarn
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo