We booked this villa on the strength of a previous review and while we had a lovely time there were a few issues with this villa for us. We went with our 7 month old baby and my mother in law. Although it’s a two bedroom villa, the entire villa is in fact open plan. There is only one wall which separates the beds from each other, but both rooms are open to the living room. This was an issue for both the lack of privacy, and lack of sound barrier when our baby went to bed as we then had to tiptoe round with most of the lights off. The villa is beautiful and really nicely decorated, but it’s not fully sealed off from the outside. We did get a few bites, but also more annoyingly, was the endless stream of gecko poop on everything. I had to wear shoes the whole time and didn’t feel I could put my baby down to crawl on the floor. There is also only one air conditioner in the villa which is insufficient for its size and may also be the reason why the villa smells a bit damp. The staff were really lovely and made our trip. The setting is beautiful, although it’s a long walk out of town and there are very few restaurants around. That said the staff are more than happy to take you into town whenever you want. I think for our purpose is just didn’t fit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Kunang Kunang is an eco-friendly retreat set within an organic garden and encompassed by productive rice terraces. This inspiring property captures the gentle spirit of a village community. It has been named after the swarm of fireflies that flicker around the garden at night performing for travellers in a synchronised harmony. Villa Kunang Kunang features just two distinctive accommodations. The first is a two-story Traditional Rice Barn made completely from wood, bamboo and other sustainable materials. The second is an authentic Balinese Bungalow with a thatched rooftop and a shady terrace facing the rice fields. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Villa Kunang Kunang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Kunang Kunang Hotel Ubud
- Villa Kunang Kunang Ubud, Bali