“Relaxing, private, great location”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
Sudiah
Perth, Australia
“Relaxing, private, great location”
Reviewed March 4, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Villa Susanta is well located in Penestanan Kelod, about 10 mins by car into downtown Ubud. There are many great places to eat in easy walking distance, and some lovely rice paddy walks not far away. The villa is very private, and even though it is not far (behind a restaurant) from the road, there is not very little noise. Surrounded by high walls, it is quite secure and private. Good WiFi, kitchen, small pool, nice outside verandah with plenty of seating, comfortable bed, good hot water and pressure in the shower. The staff are all lovely and each day arrive to make you breakfast and clean the villa. Great for a couple, or for someone traveling alone looking for some “me time” :)

Management Response
Mar 8, 2018
Thanks for the great review. It is really appreciated.
DebbieGee...
Geelong
“Didn't want to leave this haven”
Reviewed January 25, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Penestanan ismy favourite spot and this villa is was in such a great location. It is easy to find and to access, and cars can drive right up to the front gate unlike some other villas in the area.

Once inside behind the gate it is very homely and cosy. I felt relaxed and perfectly safe once I stepped through into the garden. The villa may be a little aged now but that doesn't detract from the feeling of spaciousness and light and there is a good level of amenity. The kitchen was well resourced but if you are used to stayng in and cooking then you may find it lacking in a few essentials. Ade and Steve are great support and will help you out with any queries.

It was a beautiful place to stay and I would highly recommend it. I would stay there again, and for a longer period of time.

Your age range 50-64
Management Response
Jan 26, 2018
Thanks for the great review. We look forward to your next trip.
LorraineP...
Queensland, Australia
“Magic - A Great Place to Relax”
Reviewed January 1, 2016 for a stay in December 2015

We stayed at Villa Kembali briefly in 2012. This time we were in Villa Susanta next door for a blissful 7 nights. We just wanted to relax while in Penestanan, and we certainly did! The Villa is lovely, and slightly wider than Villa Kembali. It has an outdoor shower and an area to the side where you can hang up any washing. Our room attendant, Koming, was extremely efficient and managed to anticipate our needs wonderfully. The bed was comfortable and the WiFi worked very well (much better than the last visit). We loved having the pool off the living area and it was frequently used! Eve's spa is a few metres away, and is also in a beautiful setting. We frequently had evening meals delivered from Bayu's Kitchen next door, and also ate/had a few drinks at Bayu's. If you are there on a Sunday night you must go to Bayu's Kitchen to eat - they have a great Indonesian Band playing ("Unb'rocken") - they were brilliant. Steve the manager was always available for any queries. We hated to leave and will be back!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy, the pool, the staff.
Liked least: Nothing - it was all good!
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Kimberly...
“Beautiful, Private Oasis”
Reviewed November 9, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I stayed at this villa for 3 weeks. First off, the description of the villa is accurate. I needed a truly private villa with air conditioning and this definitely came through for me.

PROS
Utter privacy! Spacious, clean dipping pool. A/c works well in the bedroom. Big flat screen in family room & lots of DVD options for those lazy days! The Eve spa is 50 ft. away & AMAZINGLY cheap for the wonderful service they provide. The neighborhood is quiet and quaint with a cool bar a minute walk down the road. There's also the villa owner's restaurant nearby that serves cheap, good food and they deliver! The villa is a 15 min. walk from the grocery store on a quaint, quiet path away from the streets. There are also an abundance of ATMs there since hardly anyone accepts credit or debit cards for payments in Bali. Lopo came every morning (unless otherwise advised) to clean the villa and cook me breakfast (fresh fruit, egg and toast). When I first arrived I was sleeping in, so he came around 10AM. I didn't event tell him, but I started going to yoga at 7AM and so he adjusted his cleaning time to do it while I was away so that when I came back he would cook me breakfast. Wonderful service!!! Also, I e-mailed the villa owner a lot and he always responded in a timely manner and was very accommodating.

CONS
Even though the wifi is set up to do a passcode for every villa in the area that the owner owns, you can tell it's on the same network because I would get wonderful signals before 11AM and after 11PM...why? All the neighbors were waking up to use it or had gone to bed! I was able to get work done, but only because I am a night owl. Signal dropped constantly during the day. I would not call this high-speed, although it could be greatly improved by having individual networks for each villa.
The hot water tank is only big enough to hold 3-5 minutes of hot water. That's it. The owner told me to get more I'd have to shut it off and wait. I mean, I take 10 min showers... 10 minutes is not too much to ask for. I thought this was horrible. Who wants to wait for 5 minutes? I tried this by the way, didn't work! Maybe I should've waited 30 minutes with shampoo in my hair?
The owner advises you to go through Lopo for everything (directions, getting a driver, activities) but on the first day Lopo introduced himself and said he spoke "very little English." I could tell. Other than hello/goodbye/how are you/tired/good, he didn't understand me. We struggled to have a conversation about directions to the grocery store so I never went through him for anything. However, like I pointed out in the PROS, the villa owner was wonderful at accommodating me!
Last one, this is not just a breezy 20 minute walk away from Ubud center. I run in my free time and stay active at home, so for me this was still a trek. It's not an easy one. The roads are narrow for the first 10 minutes w no sidewalk and a ton of traffic goes by. It's on a huge hill that's steep to climb on the way home. The 20 minutes gets you to the edge of Ubud. I'd say it's a good 30-40 minutes if you speed walk to the center. I also walked by one night by myself at 11pm and didn't feel 100% safe. I chose not to take a taxi because they're these men that just sit randomly in front of shops and shout at you MA'AM?? TAXI?? TAXI?? and the last guy that propositioned me at a taxi stand wanted me to go to his villa around the corner. Just keep that in mind! I had a different experience traveling solo, of course. I think your best bet to make this stay perfect is to rent a scooter.
This is a little mention but I have rheumatoid arthritis so when I flare up, little things like using my fingers to close things or my shoulders to push/yank hurts. The sliding door was obnoxiously finicky to shut all the way. One side won't shut unless you pick it up at the same time you're pulling, and since I was constantly using them to keep the A/c pumping in the bedroom, this became a big annoyance. Also, the bathroom door doesn't fit the frame well anymore. You have to yank it shut hard and it always gets stuck partway open. Again, opening/shutting all the time trying to keep the a/c in was bad with my RA. Please fix this for next tenant! It's these little touches that would make a big difference. Also, the mattress was hard but that's not a big deal because everyone has his/her preference. I just prefer really soft mattresses.

Overall, I was very impressed with my stay. The people were so nice and accommodating!!! It truly is private and peaceful. The neighborhood is great. Location is nice if you aren't traveling to town everyday, or aren't afraid to rent a scooter or take a taxi! It is difficult to find for the locals who don't know that particular neighborhood (I found the one time I tried to get a taxi the guys had NO clue) so please use Oni, the villa owner's driver, to pick you up from the airport and drop you off. It wasn't that much of a difference from what a taxi driver would've charged and it was drama-free. I had an absolute wonderful time for my first stay in Bali :)

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses

Liked best: Service
Liked least: Nothing :)
People with disabilities Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
CAUssie20...
Alice Springs, Australia
“A great place to stay!”
Reviewed January 17, 2015 for a stay in December 2014

We spent 9 nights at Villa Susanta over the Christmas 2014 period. The location was great, with only a short motorcycle ride or taxi ride to Ubud. The villa was excellent with everything you could possibly need. The bed was comfortable, bathroom and shower very large, split system air cond wonderful, furniture very comfortable. and every modern convenience. The plunge pool was great! Lobo did a wonderful job every morning preparing a fresh fruit and toast breakfast, cleaned the place and the pool so you felt like every day you were only just arriving. Lobo advised us of some good eateries around the area and organised transport for us when required. We enjoyed the back pathway walk to Lala Lilli (10 mins)and had good meals there. And only about a 15 minute walk to the Bintang supermarket which has just everything you might want to have.
We visited Eve Spa (20 m away) almost every day, which was superb. The pre-arranged airport transfer was very good value and a must as it is about 1 1/4 hours away.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Arann30
Madrid, Spain
“Dream Place, Perfect Stay!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

We booked this place for 3 nights to visit Bali. Ubud is full of spectacular places but we think it is impossible to find something better for the same price.
It is incredible value for money. Villa Susanta is really beautiful.

It's amazing how they take care of every detail, this is one of the places where they go beyond what customers expect. Excellent decoration, excellent and large bathroom. Amazing living room...

Lopo, the house boy helps you in everything you ask him, and he leaves the house everyday like if you are arriving for the first time in Villa Susanta.

Cleaning: perfect.

We are grateful to Steve, our friends (who were not going to stay in Ubud) had a problem so they camewith us. Steve found accommodation for them during the two days they needed and in addicytion, it was near our villa.

We liked the location, just a few minutes from downtown by scooter, but enough retired to relax in the afternoon.

What else could you want?

We would definitely book here again if we return to Bali, but next time we will have a longer stay.

Your age range 25-34
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing