“The best massage I have ever had anywhere...”

IMAN Intuitive Bodywork & Spa
Ranked #37 of 220 Spas & Wellness in Ubud
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have travelled throughout Thailand, Malyasia, Singapore and Bali over the past decade and have enjoyed hundreds if not thousands of massages over that time but the massages I have had here with Nyoman & Gede during my 6 trips to Ubud are outstanding by comparison to all the rest. Iman Spa is a relatvely simple and quiet little business about 1km up Jalan Sri Wedari. It does not boast 5 star luxury or anything like that but if you want the best therapeutic massage this is definitely the place to go. Their phone number is 0361-971049 and their recption staff all speak English. Note you need to book perhaps a couple of weeks ahead to ensure you get an appointment with Nyoman....but personally I think Gede, his protege, is just as talented.

1  Thank justabigadventure
"tension"
"pedicure"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Went here to get a sunburn treatment. Love the place. Very friendly staff and very clean. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My first visit to Iman Spa was on March 2011. I was massaged by Bli Wayan himself. He didn't only do a massage, but explained to me about his methods and the philosophies of his treatment. The treatment was more like a holistic, not only massage but chakra cleansing as well (as per my perciver). I highly recommend Bli Wayan, though he has different charge than his staff, but worth it.

I've just visited Iman Spa again on November 2012, with 3 friends of mine. I put the visit to Iman Spa in our itinerary, since I would like to share my last good experience here with my friend. I didn't meet Bli Wayan on that time, but Gusti who massaged me is highly recomended as well.

1  Thank BaRTZap
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were lucky to have Iman literally across the street from our villa ... treated myself to a manicure ... lovely staff, good service and the finished product was lovely ... very professional ... recommended.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Iman Spa is out of the main centre of Ubud set amidst rice fields. It was very near to our accommodation so thought it worth a visit.

The staff are lovely and friendly. I found the decor, premises and fittings to be tired and worn. I know this sounds picky but there were vases of dead flowers around and just a general rundown feeling.

I chose a Foot Reflexology treatment and my partner had a traditional massage. Treatments were fine - nothing outstanding.

JasperJunior, English speaking associate of the owner at IMAN Intuitive Bodywork & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thanks for letting us know about the flowers and the upkeep of the premises. We change flowers every day, but you must have visited on a day when our normal high standards had slipped slightly - for that, we're sorry.